VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    where's a good place to find the 99% stuff. i can only seem to find the 91%...or is the 91% good enough. need to clean cpu and heat sink. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. radioshack maybe. or a drugstore?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    91% is good enough, or find denatured alcohol, which is a better choice. The filler is water, 91% just has less. Be careful there's no additives. The low percentage alcohol is mostly for rubbing/physical therapy and may have stuff added.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    91% is good enough, or find denatured alcohol, which is a better choice. The filler is water, 91% just has less. Be careful there's no additives. The low percentage alcohol is mostly for rubbing/physical therapy and may have stuff added.

yeah tell me about it. it was late and i was tired and my roomate gave me his rubbing alcohol...which stupid me checked later. and yeah its 70% im more that sure there's some sort of oil base in it because my cpu is idleing at 47-52C it doesnt go much higher but it's a good thing i have an all copper HS with a 53cfm fan blowin on it.

@808 yeah tried drug store no luck
    Quote Quote  
  5. most any paint store should have denatured alcohol.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you ever have one of those weeks where your brain decides to take a vacation because u cant? from other responses i got back using 70% really wouldnt effect it that much. i went out and bought 91% anyways. i guess 99% is lab grade stuff ah well, i think i just seated the HS wrong
    Quote Quote  
  7. Use 91-99% and lint free clothes for correct cleaning of Cdrs and DVD's even some hard drives.

Do not use in punch.. as may cause blindness (not a joke)
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!