VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    NOTE: THERE IS A NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION THAT ALLOWS MANY MORE TITLES TO BE USED THAN THIS SYSTEM ALLOWS.
    YOU CAN VIEW IT AT:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=287574

AUTHORING AN AUDIO-ONLY DVD IN DVD-LAB PRO
    (DVD-Lab Pro is herein referred to as DLP)

None of this would be here if not for the indispensable and considerable assistance and advice of VAPYMID. He gives a lot of help on the DLP forum and it is very much appreciated. Thanks VAPYMID.

This guide will take you step-by-step through authoring a DVD which contains 3 complete compact discs. You can increase it to more CDs if you wish; this will give you the basics of how to do it. I created my first one to hold 9 CDs because I play them constantly and it's cheaper to replace a DVD player these days than to replace my multi-CD player. It was just a coincidence that the CDs contained a total of 99 titles and the limit for a DVD is 99 titles. You may want to keep that limit in mind.

DISCLAIMER: Whether it is legal to do this or not I really don't know and I wouldn't do it with CDs that don't belong to me. Nor would I recommend anyone else do so.

You will see how to create a DVD that will give you 3 choices of how to play the music:
    1. Play a complete CD from start to finish and then return to the Opening Menu.
    2. Play an individual song and then return to the Opening Menu.
    3. Play the songs in Random Order.

As a song plays there will be a photo of the CD cover from which the song was ripped and the title of the song will be shown.

This guide assumes a few things:
    1. That you have some working knowledge of DLP.
    2. That you know how to rip songs from your CDs.
    3. That you know how to scan images of the CD covers.

Information on any of these subjects can be obtained in other areas. As you know there are plenty of guides on www.videohelp.com and also great forums for any pertinent questions regarding audio/video etc..

SOFTWARE USED

This is the software I used. In many cases you may be able to substitute software of your choice.

DVDLab Pro http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html (Obviously this one is necessary. It's the heart of the project.)

Photoshop http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html (Or another image editing program to crop the CD Cover images.)

CDex https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=CDex (freeware!! Gotta like that.)

CopyToDVD http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/vso/index.html (if you are a registered DLP user this link will give you a reduced price for the software)

TMPEGenc Sound Player http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html (only needed if you wish to convert your .wav files to .ac3 files)

While it is not software you may wish to access www.dvd-replica.com and look at their Unofficial DVD Specifications to help you better understand some of the VM Commands you'll be using if you decide to create an Audio-Only DVD.

Okay, let's start.

1. AUDIO FILE PREPARATION

The first thing you'll need to do is prepare the audio files to use in authoring the DVD. I used CDex to rip the songs from the CD to .wav files and then used TMPEGEnc Sound Player to convert them to .ac3. You don't need to convert them to .ac3 unless they are going to be so large that the total number of files will exceed the 4.3GB that your DVD (single layer) can accomodate. That's very unlikely! But you may need to use smaller files to free up space on your Hard Drive. Also, DLP will not accept 44.1 KHz audio files, so you'll need to change the frequency to 48KHz if you're using .wav files.

2. PREPARE CD COVER IMAGES
    I scanned the front cover from each of the CDs and then imported them into Photoshop to crop them and save the files as a .jpg

3. IMPORT SOUND FILES INTO DLP

I resized Windows Explorer to sit on top of DLP and then was able to drag the files into the Assets Bin in DLP as shown.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

You can also right-click in the Assets Bin and choose import... if you prefer.

4. PREPARE VTSs

Once you have all your sound files in the Assets Bin you can start creating a VTS for each of the CDs. I did one VTS at a time just to keep from getting confused. You will have a total of 3 VTSs for the three CDs used in this Guide.

A. Click on the Audio-Only Title Icon as shown in the image below to add the Audio-Only titles. Add one title for each song on the CD. As you can see I've added 11 titles. You can also delete the Movie, which you don't need. Also, if you don't delete it you will effectively lower the number of titles from the CDs to 98. You can keep it if you wish to add a First Play movie or some other audio/video you want to use.

B. Now go through the list of titles, click on them twice (pause between clicks) one at a time and type in the name of the song for each title. Keep the songs in the order they appear on the CD to be sure they play in the same order as they do on the CD.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

C. Click on one of the titles at the bottom of the "Movie Window" and then drag the corresponding audio from the Assets Bin to "Title Screen".

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

D. Now double-click on the black bar in the title screen where it says "Doubleclick to create/edit title screen". This brings up a screen where you can put the image from the CD, text to indicate the title and a background. Position your CD image and text as you like.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Repeat steps C & D for each of the other songs on this CD. You can right-click on the CD cover image and copy it, then paste it into the next windows if you prefer. Whatever floats your boat.

Repeat all the steps above for each of the other VTS/CDs.

5. MENUS

Alright now let's create the menus we'll need. If you don't wish to have the same three options I'm using you can adjust your needs as you wish. First click twice on the VMG Menu button at the top of the Project window as shown below to create 2 VMB menus.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

You now have two VMG Menus and we'll rename them. First rename VMG Menu 1 (title menu) to RANDOM. We won't use it right away so drag it to the side to use later. Rename VMG Menu 2 to Opening Menu or a name to remind you that this is the 1st Menu. I'll refer to this menu throughout as Opening Menu so it may be less confusing for you to do the same.

Using the Draw Links button in the Connections Window draw links from both the Title Button and First Play to the Opening Menu.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Now we'll set up the Opening Menu. Double click on it in the Connections Window or in the Project Window to open it up. Now drag in the background you wish to use and create the text as you like it. This is what I ended up with.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Now, assuming you want to play an album in its entirety create another VMG Menu using the steps above. Rename it CD Menu and set it up so that the 3 CDs are shown on the menu. Then you can link the CD covers themselves to the CD selections or do as I prefer and create buttons to link. Here's a shot of my CD Menu.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

I have a red button below each of the titles that I link to because I prefer the change of highlight color to be on buttons rather than on text. It's just a personal preference.

Now we need something to link to in order to play the tracks on the CDs in their proper order. Oscar - the genius who wrote DLP - has included something called a Play List. We'll need one for each of the CDs. At the bottom of the Connections Window find the button for Play List and click on it 3 times (once for each CD if you're using a different number).

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

You will now have 3 Play Lists in your Connection Window. You can rename them to match the names of your CDs or just leave them as they are and line them up next to the VTS number that matches them. Now to link the Play List to the songs on a CD just double-click the Play List in the Connection Window and you'll get a dialog box to use to add the songs. Click in the top window and use the Add to List button to add all the songs you want to put in the Play List. Make sure the tracks are in the same order as they are on the CD. Use one Play List for each CD and include only the songs from that CD.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Click on the Play List Box in the Connection Window so that it shows a dotted-line border around it. At the bottom of the Connection Window be sure the End Link is set to Opening Menu. Click on the name in the box if it isn't correct and select Opening Menu.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Do this for each of the CDs.

6. LINKING

Now let's link some of these buttons so we can actually play the CDs. In the CD Menu right-click on the button or title you wish to link to the first CD. If you don't know how to create a link check out the Help file in DLP. Do the same thing to link your other buttons or titles to the other CDs. There will now be a number beside each of the buttons you've linked.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Now go back to the Opening Menu and link "Play An Album" to the CD Menu. Now when you click on Play An Album in the Opening Menu you will open the CD Menu and there you will choose which CD to play. This may be a good time to compile the project and make sure that this part of it works.

7. INDIVIDUAL SONG SELECTIONS

To play an individual song and then have it go back to the Opening Menu to make another choice we need to link a menu selection to each song. Create another VMG Menu and call it Song Menu 1 or whatever you want to use. You may need more than one menu depending on how many songs you wish to list in each. In this menu we need to type the titles of all the songs. I chose to enter them alphabetically but that is just personal preference as I want to be able to find any track in a hurry. Remember to include links to your next and previous Song Menus if you have more than one.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Now just right click on each song title or button and link it to the title. To be sure that the DVD returns to the Opening Menu after the song finishes the End Link must go to the Opening Menu. To check it you can click on one of the titles in the Connections Window and see where the End Link is set.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Go back to the Opening Menu and link the second item (Play A Song) to "Song Menu 1". You may want to compile again and make sure everything still works as it should.

8. SHUFFLE PLAY

This is where things start to get tricky. We'll now have to start entering VM Commands. If you want to understand what the various commands do visit www.dvd-replica.com and check out their Unofficial DVD Specifications. It will answer all the questions you could possibly ask.

Now is when we're going to use that VMG Menu that we renamed Random. We have to enter VM Commands to allow it to call other menus at random. These other menus will then access Random Lists within the various VTSs.

First thing to do is enter VM Commands into the Random Menu. Right-click on the Random Menu in the Connections Window and click on Edit VM Commands... at the bottom of the list. Click on the Edit... Button for the Custom PRE Commands. In the box enter the commands just as you see here:

GPRM11 = 3
    GPRM12 = GPRM9
    GPRM9 rnd 3
    if (GPRM9 == GPRM12) LinkPGCN 2
    GPRM12 = 1
    if (GPRM9 == GPRM12) JumpSS VTSM (vts 1, tt 1, menu ROOT)
    GPRM12 = 2
    if (GPRM9 == GPRM12) JumpSS VTSM (vts 2, tt 1, menu ROOT)
    GPRM12 = 3
    if (GPRM9 == GPRM12) JumpSS VTSM (vts 3, tt 1, menu ROOT)
    GPRM12 = 4
    LinkPGCN 2
    Break

You should see this:

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Click on Okay to accept it and Close on the Customize VM Commands box.

Now we need to make some new menus and Random Lists. For each VTS we need to have 1 menu. To do this click on the VTS icon in the Project Window and then select New Menu at the top. Do this once for each VTS. I've named each menu so that I can remember which VTS it goes with; VTS 1 Menu, VTS 2 Menu, etc.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Now we'll do something similar but we'll be creating Random Lists. Again be sure to highlight the VTS button in the Project Window. Now in the Connections Window click on the Random List box along the bottom. Do this for each VTS. When finished you should have one Random List box for each VTS Menu.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Double click on the first Random List Box in the Connections Window. You'll get the same kind of box that you used to enter selections in the Play Lists. Add all the songs in the first VTS and click OK. Do the same thing for each of the other VTSs. Now we need to link the new menus to the Random Lists and we need to make sure that when the menu is shown during the change from one song to the next it's just a black screen. Double click on the first menu to open it up for editing. Place some text on it to let you know what it's linking to. Then link the text to the first Random List.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Now click on the Link Tab in the Properties to the right. Under Button Visibility select Invisible All. Do the same for the other menus.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

In order to make sure our Shuffle Play isn't interfered with by Play An Album or Play A Song we have to set the GPRM (General Parameter Register) to values that are not the same as those we'll be putting in each of the individual titles. Right-click on the Song Menu 1 in the Connections Window. Click on Edit VM Commands... and then on Edit... for the Custom PRE Commands. Enter this into the script box:

GPRM5 = 2
    GPRM7 = 4

(Note the spaces between the numbers and the = sign.)

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Highlight and copy this if you like and then paste it into each of the other Song Menus.

Also paste the same values into the Custom PRE Commands script box of each of the Play Lists.

Now in the Random Lists we do the same thing but the commands we enter are:

SetGPRMMD (GPRM5=GPRM7)
    GPRM11 = 20
    GPRM12 = GPRM14
    GPRM14 rnd 11
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) LinkPGCN 2
    GPRM12 = 1
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 1, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 2
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 3
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 3, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 4
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 5
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 5, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 6
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 6, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 7
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 7, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 8
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 8, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 9
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 9, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 10
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 10, ptt 1)
    GPRM12 = 11
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 11, ptt 1)
    GPRM14 = 0
    LinkPGCN 2
    Break

This series is for a Song Menu with 11 titles. If the number of titles is different you will need to change the "rnd 11" to "rnd x" with x being the number of titles and also change the number of lines GPRM12 = 11
    if (GPRM14 == GPRM12) JumpVTS_PTT (tt 11, ptt 1)
    to whatever is applicable

You should see this (notice that not all of the commands can be seen at one time):

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Do this for each Random List.

We must enter a VM Command in the Custom PRE Commands box for each of the VTS Menus (VTS 1 Menu, VTS 2 Menu, etc.). This is the command to enter:

LinkPGCN 3

Now we have to make an entry into the Custom POST Commands box for each song. Right-click on the first song and choose Edit VM Commands.. again. Click on the Edit... button for the Custom POST Commands and enter:

if (GPRM5 == GPRM7) CallSS VMGM (pgc 2, rsm_cell 1)

You should see:

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

This command includes pgc 2. This is telling the program to access Program Chain 2. If your Random Menu is in another PGC change the number to match it. The PGC is indicated in the Connections Window above the Random Menu if you have the PGC switch turned on.

CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE

Do the same thing for each of the other songs.

Now you may want to double check that your links are properly drawn on your Opening Menu and CD Menu. If they are ready compile and try it out. It should all work. Sorry for such a long Guide but it's the only way I know. Good Luck.

PLEASE NOTE:
    I've now added a PART 2 to this guide. If, like me, you want to be able to play all the CDs through without going back to the Opening Menu between CDs take a look at PART 2. You'll find it here:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1286576#1286576

.....Gord
    Outside a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.
    ------------ Groucho Marx
    Quote Quote  
  2. would the code for shuffle and random play works with videos? I have a title in DVD-lap Pro, and it has been cut up into alot of chapters. I would like to make a button "random play or shuffle play" for the user to click. If click the disc would play chapters at a random. So does anybody knows if it's possible ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Im trying this guide out

what tool can i use to change the frequency of my WAV file to 48Khz

Nero wave editor does it

is there a tool that will do a whole folder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sifaga
    SSRC

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Me again

is there a program that will take a folder of MP3's to WAV files with 48Khz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Im trying this guide out

Nero wave editor does it

is there a tool that will do a whole folder
    Personally, I like Audacity. It's quick and easy to use. But I don't believe you can do a batch conversion.

Find it here:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

.....Gord
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ssrc worked well, use the gui from here http://www.rarewares.org/files/others/ssrc.zip

you can drag and drop multiply WAV's and it processes them quick and easy

Im trying to find something that will do MP3's

i could probably convert the mp3 to WAV and then use SSRC but is there some other program that will do it all quick and easy

thankyou
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried Goldwave and it worked quite well. I usually prefer freeware programs for the obvious reason but haven't found one that will work.

.....Gord
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe DLP can do this too, in tools section, see here;
    http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Helppro/index.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by anzimike
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe DLP can do this too, in tools section, see here;
    http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Helppro/index.htm
    I haven't been able to get DLP to import either 44.1 KHz wav files or mp3 files so I don't think so. Have you been able to accomplish anything with DLP using either of these formats?

.....Gord
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This was posted today on the DLP forum if any of you are still interested in changing 44.1 KHz wav files to 48 KHz. It works great.

Voxengo R8Brain is about the best SRC I know of, and it's free.
    www.voxengo.com/downloads

Except for the R8Brain Pro, which also handles multichannel interleaved files and Minimum Phase & Linear phase conversion.
    But that one is not free.
    Voxengo do some superb tools....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ive had to put the test of this guide on hold

its just taking way tooo long to type in all the track names

i may find time later to continue with it
    Quote Quote  
  14. It's great to see a tutorial on doing this. I've done something quite similar and had to figure it out all on my own. DVD Lab Pro is the only tool I found that allows this type of disc to be made well. Yes, there are other tools, but remember, I said "made well" .

Based on my personal experience making DVDs with audio only titles, I'd like to make some suggestions regarding the tutorial.

One issue that isn't addressed by the tutorial is what to do when the the source CD has tracks that run into eachother. Examples of this would be an Opera or a live performance. Since each song is a movie, there will be a gap present between each song when playing the DVD. This can be quite annoying and would take away from the otherwise great quality of the production.

Since my project involved live performances, I had to solve this problem. What I did was define each performance as a movie and I used the chapter index feature to divide the tracks. For precision, I enter the chapter marks through the text box using hh/mm/ss format rather than using the mouse.

The main drawback is that the random play feature discussed in the tutorial would not work - playlists can only be made of movies, not chapters. Another drawback is that picking a track (chapter) to play would not just play that track - it would continue. Depending on how you look at it, it's not really a drawback, just a difference in behavior.

My suggestion is to include some discussion about this issue in the tutorial and propose some solutions. There are a number of ways to handle it - which solution you choose is really based on personal taste and opinion.

I also suggest EAC (Exact Audio Copy) as an alternative to using CD-EX to extract the CD audio. EAC is widely accepted as the de-facto application for ripping CD audio accurately and cleanly. People that trade recordings of concerts on CD-R insist that extractions are made with this program. It is actively supported and can be found here:
    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

What a shame it would be to put forth the work to author a DVD such as this only to find diginoise inserted into the audio because of a bad rip of the original CD. With EAC, any errors that are encountered are fixed. If they are unfixable, it is reported and you can listen to it to determine if it is audible or not. With a tool such as CD-EX, odds are you would never know an error occured...that is until you played your DVD back and heard static, clicks, and pops. Not the time you want to see that something went wrong with the audio rip.

Regarding the upsampling of the audio to 48 HKz - I use CoolEdit 2000 (now Audition from Adobe) to do this. It has a batch mode that makes this type of processing very easy.

Oh, one last thing. Since the audio is divided into tracks via chapters using my method, the audio has to be ripped as one large wav file. EAC can do this. Or, they can be concatenated together after the fact with a wave editor such as CoolEdit 2000.

Rich Maggio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you could also try a freeware multiple sound converter I use called dbpoweramp

it will easily convert from/to any sound format available due to using plugins, which are frequently updated and tested when new codecs is available

resampling from 44100 to 48000 is no problem with this software, and wil happily run in the background with insisting on usinga ll your resources

it also supports DSP effects, this is an optional that has to be bought, but is worth the small extra expense

plus, dbpoweramp support probbaly 99% of all portable MP3 players on the market, with support added for new ones that are released
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Impressive tutorial, however, I use DVD Audio creator. it does about 90% of what the DP method has to offer with the click of a couple buttons. Also, it encodes to ProLogic II or pure stereo. It cant play shuffle mode but thats a luxury anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used DVD Audio creator and it was easy to use

i managed to create a dvd with 3 audio albums

Is there a way to add the random play to a DVD created using DVD Audio creator.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Sifaga
    I used DVD Audio creator and it was easy to use

i managed to create a dvd with 3 audio albums

Is there a way to add the random play to a DVD created using DVD Audio creator.
    Is this the software that you are using Audio DVD Creator?

https://www.videohelp.com/tools?toolsearch=audio+dvd+creator&s=&orderby=Name&hits=50&co...res=&listuser=
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, thats the one

trying to work out if its possible to add a random play function to it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Winamp? To a standard wav, then use something else to convert 44.1Khz to 48Khz.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by rfielder
    Winamp? To a standard wav, then use something else to convert 44.1Khz to 48Khz.
    Audio DVD Creator (ADC) does EVERYTHING except SHUFFLE PLAY plus you are not limited to 99 songs. ADC allows 99 groups with 99 songs
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi, there, everybody.
    I've just tried DVD Lab Pro to create a DVD with music (i want to put all my music onto DVD's).
    I tried with only 3 files (very huge files, with 1,5 Gb each) as i mainly have Classical Music (opera, mostly).
    It took almost 2 hours just to Compile the project to the hard disk. Yes, you heard well. I said 2 hours !!!
    On the contrary, it took only 20 minutes to burn the project from the hard drive to the DVD.
    I read the comments to the this tool here at VideoHelp (https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVD-lab_PRO) and someone wrote "It will author a 2 hour movie with multiple menu transitions normally in less than 15 minutes". How can it be ??? I mean, i only compiled a "music only" DVD with absolutely no "menus" and things too sophisticated and it took me 2 hours only to compile the project to hard drive.
    May i have done something wrong ?
    Is there a way to burn the compilation without having to burn it previously to the hard drive ?
    I really wanted to keep this wonderful tool and make it my default DVD Authoring tool. But i just can't keep it if it takes 2 hours everytime i want to burn a DVD. I have lots of music to put on DVD's. I do mean it. It's about thousands of cd's.
    Just in case you don't see a way for me to make DVD Lab Pro take much less time on the process of burning, please tell me if there's another similar software that lets me do it.
    I heard about Audio DVD Creator. Is it a reliable tool ? This is a very important matter to me. I have absolutely "historical" cd's. Much of them with performances from 1930, 1940 and 1950 (mono). I really liked to preserve its quality. That's why i want a reliable tool.

I would be most grateful to everyone who can help me out with this matter,

J. Silva
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    J. Silva,

I suggest you ask this question on the DVD-Lab Pro forum at:

http://www.mmbforums.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=24

Many of the experts there will be much more help than I can be.

.....Gord
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried your tutorial .... and its awesome ..BUT ... i aint geting any sound .... everything works prefect but no sound .... and yes i will go through be tut again to see if i did anything wrong ...but you maybe know the problem ... and the songs are in *.ac3 format
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 0verd0ze
    i tried your tutorial .... and its awesome ..BUT ... i aint geting any sound .... everything works prefect but no sound .... and yes i will go through be tut again to see if i did anything wrong ...but you maybe know the problem ... and the songs are in *.ac3 format
    Are you sure the audio files are in 48KHz? DVD Lab Pro will not accept 44.1 KHz. Other than that I'm not sure what your problem may be.

Let me know how you make out. If you have more troubles you might consider posting you concern on the DLP forum at:

Include a screen shot if you can of your assets bin and the guys there can take a look at them to see if there is a problem with one of the files.

I hope you get it working.

.....Gord
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GordRocks
    Originally Posted by 0verd0ze
    Are you sure you the audio files are in 48KHz? DVD Lab Pro will not accept 44.1 KHz. Other that that I'm not sure what your problem may be.

Let me know how you make out. If you have more troubles you might consider posting you concern on the DLP forum at:

Include a screen shot if you can of your assets bin and the guys there can take a look at them to see if there is a problem with one of the files.

I hope you get it working.

.....Gord

Yup i used 48KHZ ... transcoded it with BeSweet ..could hta be the problem ? the transcoder is no good ? ...

anyways i transcoded one of the tracks to wav and it worked .... but the files are like 10 times bigger then a *.ac3 file

this problem is geting me on my nerves ..

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm afraid a lot of people have had nothing but trouble with BeSweet. Apparently, even the person who wrote the program doesn't stand behind it. Then again a few people swear by it. I'm in the camp of those who swear at it. This could definitely be your problem.

As I stated above I really like the TMPEGenc Sound Player for converting to ac3. As a registered user of DLP you can get a good price on it.

.....Gord
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GordRocks
    I'm afraid a lot of people have had nothing but trouble with BeSweet. Apparently, even the person who wrote the program doesn't stand behind it. Then again a few people swear by it. I'm in the camp of those who swear at it. This could definitely be your problem.

As I stated above I really like the TMPEGenc Sound Player for converting to ac3. As a registered user of DLP you can get a good price on it.

.....Gord
    hey ...got it to work ... changed encoder .. .to ffmpegGUI ... and i even changed player to Cyberlinks PowerDVD and it worked :P sweet ... thanx for all the help
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that AUDIO DVD CREATOR really easy but
    NO random all inside the album
    random all albums and
    play 1 then back to the album menu or repeat song over and over
    Quote Quote