VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, Please help me to Copy protect My VCD inside files(.dat) to Hard disk or Other Media.... I try the Freelock, It can't protect copying files.... and i try Winlock.. It is also can't protect copying file by file.......
    Please Help me to Protect my VCD.... If you like to help me.. Please e-mail me : supun24@gmail.com

Best Regards,
    Supun Lanka
    supun

Search Comp PM
    Use Winzip and password protect the DAT file.
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.

3. ... or use winrar and password protect.

4. I am not sure I understand you correctly. You want to make a VCD compliant CD in such a way that the .dat files containing the video cannot be copied from the CD to the HD? Is that correct? If so, it can't be done, don't even bother trying, it is a waste of effort.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary...

Search PM
    If in doubt, Google it.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what do these vcd's have on them?
    member since 1843

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What... Please help me.. I want to right protect vcd. (copy protect the avseqxx.dat file(s) to the Hard Drive)..... Please Help Me..
    supun

8. Originally Posted by bugster
    it can't be done, don't even bother trying, it is a waste
    of effort.

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But I see that in one VCD... Please trust me....... I try to copy that vcd files to my hard drive... but it cant..... please find that secret..
    thank you
    supun

10. It could be a damaged disk. Some kind of scratch or something. Playing a CD properly without hassels is altogether different than copying a CD. Players ignore the slight error. But while copying - bit by bit - the OS will stop the moment it encounters error.

11. Originally Posted by Supun Lanka
    But I see that in one VCD... Please trust me....... I try to copy that vcd files to my hard drive... but it cant..... please find that secret..
    thank you
    As I said by PM, if you have a VCD that you can't copy the .dat file from either the disk is damaged or you are not useing the correct tools or methods to copy it.

The best protection available for any 'standard' form of digital video on optical media (VCD, SVCD or DVD) is CSS encryption on DVD's. This stops absolutley no-one.

You obviously didnt read this:
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    https://www.videohelp.com/faq#copyprotect might be useful.

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No Bugster, I am Program Developer. I know about the Windows,Dos Very well. I try to copy in all Methods. But It can't Copy in CD to CD or to Hard disk in Cloning. it it can't. Please help me to Find that.
    supun

Search Comp PM
    are there any tiny "scratches" on the bottom of the CD?
    George

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No... That is New VCD. It is very Clear.. The man that gave the cd to me, He told me, "That is Copyright protected VCD. If you can Try copy", But I try to copy in many methods, It can't
    supun

Search Comp PM
    so you are saying that the .dat file (the one that has the movie) cannot be copied to your hard drive? (right-click/copy, then paste)

At what point does the file copy process stop, and is there any error issued?

Did any software get installed when you put the VCD into your cd-rom drive?
    George

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First I try in Normal Windows Copy/Paste method. Right click on the Avseq01.dat and paste to D:\. It is showing copy progress to the last 1 or 2 Minute(s) and the progress is complete but the the copying DialogBox is not close. The CD-Rom Reading the CD for long time but no responce. and if I close the Dialog box and it can't get the file in D:\Avseq01.dat... In dos mode, that is same... It is Reading the CD for long time but no Responce.. The VCD not include any type of autorun program.... I Try this in other computer in Pure Dos mode... But it is same... then I try to write that CD to other CD... but Nero burning rom Reading long time and can't write... The new CD also damege.....
    supun

17. Originally Posted by Supun Lanka
    I try to copy in all Methods. But It can't Copy in CD to CD or to Hard disk in Cloning. it it can't. Please help me to Find that.
    I'm just wondering what methods you have tried with sofar because I don't think that you can copyprotect a VCD to 100%. You can make the VCD more difficult for normal users to copy by adding some dummytrack(s) and also by modifying the VCD structure so the avseq??.dat file can't be copied to the harddrive by simply using "drag & drop".

vcd4ever.

18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no. can't copy in any method.. Please help me to find how to create that.... I think that is created by www.softlock.net.. SL.VCD program.. Please try it.. But SL.VCD protected VCD can copy in Dos mode...
    Please try and find it.............. Help Me to create VCD
    supun

19. Originally Posted by Supun Lanka
    no. can't copy in any method.. Please help me to find how to create that.... I think that is created by www.softlock.net.. SL.VCD program.. Please try it.. But SL.VCD protected VCD can copy in Dos mode...
    I will say this one last time. There is NO WAY you can produce a standards compliant VCD that cannot be copied. It is NOT POSSIBLE. Give up. You are wasting your own and everybody elses time.

There are methods that will make it more difficult to copy, but none of them is foolproof. Far from it in fact. If the CD can be read, it can be copied.

20. I do not understand.
    You want to copy protected VCD or you MAKE protected VCD?

21. Originally Posted by Supun Lanka
    Softlock.vcd requires that the CD's be stamped, not burnt.
    I would guess it works in a similiar way to many other CD protection systems by intoruducing deliberate errors into the data. Errors that are normally recovered by the players error detection/protection mechanism but cause problems when Dos/windows tries to perform a bit exact copy. If you want to burn VCD's, this will not work. If you want to have them pressed, go to softlock.net for a quote.

22. Supun Lanka,

I have authored and changed the structure of this VCD so you can't copy the avseq01.dat to the hd by simply using "drag & drop" Server Offline . I hope that you can download this VCD and tell me if this protection is usefull for you.

vcd4ever.

23. Originally Posted by vcd4ever
    Supun Lanka,

I have authored and changed the structure of this VCD so you can't copy the avseq01.dat to the hd by simply using "drag & drop"
    vcd4ever.
    Very clever. However I was still able to copy the VCD with Alcohol 120%. I am sure that with a little more effort I could extract the movie to my HD too.

24. Originally Posted by bugster
    Very clever. However I was still able to copy the VCD with Alcohol 120%
    You can actually copy my VCD sample with nero burning rom, cdrwin ,discjuggler and other burning programs because I only protected the avseq01.dat from beeing copied to the hd.

I only protected the dat file because some burners doesn't like burning bin/cues with dummytracks...and also because adding dummytracks doesn't prevent alcohol 120% and similar programs from copying the VCD.

vcd4ever.

25. Hi,

This is my tutorial to protect VCDs...

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=150255

From my tests the protection works and prevents Alchol / CloneCD / BlindRW from copying the VCD. There are logs(clonecd) there also on the post.

Also if it comes to Avseqxx.dat extraction. There is a simple app that prevents from viewing the contents of MPGAV dir :

http://www.geocities.com/irvanka/VCDProt.zip

if it doesn't download - google for it

26. Originally Posted by Supun Lanka
    Ohhh... who do I see here :P
    I think that you know me.
    OK, if it comes to SoftLock. If you can't copy that VCD than something is wrong. I have managed to copy those "protected" VCDs without any trobble using IsoBuster or a sector extracting software (any kind even from CDRwin ). The softlock protection is based on a ring of bad sectors after the main iso part (VCD fs info). And there is a Step3 (file size increase) of the avseq..dat file. So - hey - that isn't a protection after all. If you can use your brain as a developer you will have no problems with this. Simply read the entire toc - get the start & end of the tracks (get it from the ccd file of the VCD ). Write them down and extract it by an extraction software. And that is it - you will have your movies where you want them.

If you want to create a better protected VCD than use my free tutorial - it has almoust all the things you need and probably even better- As if you will combine my steps + VCDProt then you will have a really tought VCD protection. Also if you have some experience in this you could made such bad sector ring on your own VCD (burned on CDR). It realy isn't so hard but can be achived :P

Hope it helps - if nay trobble please write me an email at : mateusz-matusiak@wp.pl
    and I'll try to help you with it

Search PM
    As has been said here so many times before, "what man can make, man can break".

In your tute, you explained how to create this unbeatable "Corrupted TOC"-copy protected VCD. Well, why couldn't somebody do a full sector extraction of the whole disc and, using CDMage & Hexeditor, fix the TOC again? Then they'd be back to the usual methods where tools like ISOBuster would be able to give them whatever they needed.

I still have yet to see a disc I haven't been able to copy--except severely scratched discs which no longer play.

Scott

28. Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    As has been said here so many times before, "what man can make, man can break".
    Yes, I agree with that. You aren't saying anything new

Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    In your tute, you explained how to create this unbeatable "Corrupted TOC"-copy protected VCD.
    First I haven't written anywhere that its unbeatable !!!
    And if it comes to TOC corruption - its not as corrupted as it seems as the VCD/DVD players read the info in they're way (look at the SafeVCD method) and as I see from the tests - they really don't look much at track1 toc.

Also how you could imagine a protection for VCD without a little not specs-fit ?

Well, why couldn't somebody do a full sector extraction of the whole disc and, using CDMage & Hexeditor, fix the TOC again? Then they'd be back to the usual methods where tools like ISOBuster would be able to give them whatever they needed.
    Well, but its a complicated process for an average user don't you think?
    As moust of the protections are for the 99.9 of people that are not able to copy the CD/DVD/VCD.
    Also I could add bad sectors rings etc etc to confuse the user from where to extract the data. But for a proffesional it will be possible to extract the movies - YES !

I still have yet to see a disc I haven't been able to copy--except severely scratched discs which no longer play.
    SF

If it comes to VCD protection - a good one that is - well, working on that...
    Maybe you can tell me that I'm a freak - but I have to do something. I have one protection - works - 3 tested&working VCD/DVD players now(I don't have a bigger access , but I'll fix that in not time..) - and it can't be copied by IsoBuster CloneCD Alcohol120% and other. I have done the testing.
    But there is no TOC corruption like in the first protection
    Will have to make more tests - if they will be possitive - I'll make it a commercial protection.
    Maybe some of the protection companies will be interested in using it. Time will tell...

--regards