VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My DVD player gave out this past week and I need a replacement. I had an apex ad 1110w (I am at work and cannot remember exact model number) anyway I have all these discs in different formats; mini-dvd (on cdr), vcd, dvd+r, dvd-r, dvd+rw, raw mpegs on a dvd data disc, cdr and svcd and I want to be able to play them. When the apex was working correctly it played all of these just fine. I want to replace the apex with something that will play all these formats, and I have been looking over the player list on the site here to get some ideas. Does anyone have any ideas for a replacement that will play all or most of these formats?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm currently using the Philips DVP-642, it will play all of those. It was $64 shipped from Amazon, and the last time I was at Walmart, they also had it in stock. There is probably another APEX that will also do the same.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is the phillips DVP-642 progressive scan?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok I found a bunch of info on the 642 does anyone else have any other suggestions for a player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the AMW S99 could do all that.

It used to be at Circuit City for $30.

But it not sold anymore...
    Quote Quote  
  6. I picked up the Coby 224 at Fry's for $24.99 (it is currently 49.99) over the holidays and it plays all these formats like a charm. It is every bit as good as my Apex 1110W. You know Fry's, it will go on sale again soon.
    Quote Quote