VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    ive been searching for a while now and i cant find anything besides vdub that might remove station watermarks.... i record in vob format and can convert to mpg from there...i would like to do my editing in mpg format not avi....... id rather not go to avi and then back to mpg....from the mpgs i then use svcd2dvd to return to vobs.....too many steps might result in too much quality loss

looter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well you have no choice --

the downside to recording in vobs (mpeg) is that to do anything much beyond cuts will require re-rendering ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Load the vob into vdub and apply the delogo filter and then frameserve so you can encode to mpeg,thats your best route.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    holy shit.....that was fast....thanx

well is there a good way to convert vobs to avis without losing quality?...i can use canopus procoder to convert back...unless there is a way to go directly back to vobs

looter
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Frameserve with vdub!You wont need to save as avi.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how would i frameserve....i heard i can frameserve to tmpgenc but i dont know how
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    frame serve w/ vdub to procoder and procoder can encode directly to vobs if you want ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    see guides on frame serving with vdub ...

you can frame serve to procoder with v-dub , just change the file extension to avs from vdr
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    see guides on frame serving with vdub ...
    https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=99&howtoselect=5;21#99

If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys.....thanks so far......

i been playin around for a bit now and got further than i expected but not enough to finish my project......this is where i sit.....

i figured out the logoaway plugin....enough to get me goin....and i did all my editing without a problem....i can get the frameserver running somewhat.....i open the files in canopus and tmpegenc but here is where i get stuck

as far as procoder goes i have version 1.5.....im not sure how to save directly to vob..when i save as program stream i keep getting the m2p file which i then have to rename to mpg...annoying.......if i save as a demux...i get m2v and wav files which wont multiplex in tmpg...i also got a few timeouts and shutdowns after a few hours within the program during highest quality setting

tmpgenc just gives an error when ACM was initialized when i try to start encoding

looter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    upgrade to version 2 of procoder , though you really should use another program to compress the audio to ac3 and another program to author for dvd ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by zootedlooter
    if i save as a demux...i get m2v and wav files which wont multiplex in tmpg...
    no need, and no way to multiplex MPEG-2 and WAV into a Sytem or Program stream. Use an authoring tool that supports elementary streams, such as TMPGEnc DVD Author, DVD-lab etc etc.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok guys......i went back to one of my original projects and you havent steered me wrong yet....thanx

i am continuing to use canopus procoder 1.5 i dont mind the demux because as jim said.....tmpenc dvd will remux....the problem i am now having is with canopus reencoding at 2x the file size of the original....i looked for a setting to limit the output but could not find one.....

any ideas?
    looter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it is called bitrate
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanx bj

that was a future question i was saving for a later date......i guess it woked itself into this thread

i decided to go with one pass vbr ovr cbr.........2 pass isnt allowed with file splitting.....so i lowered the bitrate to 1/2 of the default(now 1182) and left the max alone(2520).....i am gonna run a check with a 10 min clip but just in case the check doesnt pick up any errors that might result in a future fast moving scene......can you tell me if this sounds like it would work?

people pay alot of cash to go to school for advice like this......its much appreciated here
    looter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are you making svcd? a 1 pass at that bit rate (1/2 of 1182) may look not so good ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it is a copy of an existing dvd shrunk from 4.7 to 2.0 GB..i wish to keep the file size the same and return to vob for burning.....i am not concerned with the initial deterioration of quality but i dont want to lessen the quality any further.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    are you making svcd? a 1 pass at that bit rate (1/2 of 1182) may look not so good ...
    sorry you misunderstood me.......

its a one pass at 1182.......the default was set at 2364
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    at that bit rate --- which is really low for mpeg2 anyway .. you might want to go to 1/2 D1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    still may not look very good
    Quote Quote  
  21. 1182 will look horrible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i was being kind
    Quote Quote  
  23. so was I
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you guys were probably right

i never even checked it......it was set for svcd by accident......i just reset it for dvd and its running at 6000/9000......probably too high....what is a good vbr setting to keep a 1 MB file at 1 MB?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    at the same bit rate it started at ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i just checked with avicodec.....9000kbs........never knew what that was before......is 6000/9000 ok then?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that is not the real bitrate most likely .. check with bitrate viewer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nice program........i may have to learn that one if im gonna keep this up........

avicodec was actually right on the money...i typed it wrong....BV confirmed at 9800kbs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    realtime progress report

at that bitrate i wouldve wound up with another 2.1 GB file or so....i lowered the bitrates to 3000/6000....hope this works

frustration meter
    min xxxxxxxxxxx------- max

looter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i finally played with it enough to get the file size down to what i want and even found the setting for an elementary stream.....dont know how i missed that before.....dumfukked i guess....last question is........i hope......canopus leaves the files as m2p.......for an svcd i just change this to .mpg.......for a dvd should i change it to vob or mpg before running it through tmpg dvd?

looter
    Quote Quote