I have a movie that is split into two parts. Each part has it's own SRT file for subtitles. I want to join the movie into one whole part and keep the subs. Is there any way to re-join the seperated subtitle files. I don't want to open the SRT and change 400 lines of time codes.
PS. I don't want to hard encode the subs. I want to use the SRT files in DVD Lab Pro so that they are selectable.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
"Can You Dig It!"
Yesss! I found the answer. Just in case this question comes up again, here goes...
1) Open Subtitle Workshop.
2) Go to Tools --> Join Subtitles
3) When the new window opens click the ADD button to add your SRT files. Set the frames per second (FPS) of your M2V, AVI, etc.
4) Click JOIN, name your file, and click OK.
5) DONE!!!"Can You Dig It!"
Originally Posted by bigb_y2g
This topic was not of any particular interest to me but I want to commend you for posting the solution even though you found it yourself.
So many times when someone finds a solution they just say "never mind I found it" which is of no use to anyone else who reads the thread later on and is looking for an answer.
The way you did it is the way it should always be done.
Thanks, but now I have run into another problem. My subs are 8 seconds out of sync when the movie gets to where I joined the two files. Anyone have some suggestions? I have Subtitle Workshop and Subresync, but I can't find any user guides to show how to do this."Can You Dig It!"
I had a major headache this same issue (merging subs). Everytime i loaded the new joined srt file into dvd lab pro. I got all these erros about time overlapping & etc. I then realized when merging with subtitle workshop i had to check the recalculate time box. Duh i'm such a idiot oh well maybe my dilema will help you or anybody else when merging subs.
Thanks for the tips. I managed to join the two .srt file together but some minor adjustments in the timing is still required. Thanks anyway.
Judewang - please don't dig up old threads to add to them. It's good that you were helped, but really we would prefer that you didn't post in a thread that was almost 6 years old. If all you have to say is "I agree", or "This helped me" and the thread is more than about 6 months old, we'd really prefer that you don't post to it.
Try Subscene.com & find new subs for your film. Free.
This post lead me to my solution, so I thought I would reply with how I resolved my issue. I started with 2 srt files.
1. Using VobSubs Subresync I opened each file and resaved them as .sub files.
2. Using vobsubs SubJoiner I joined the two recently created sub files which outputs a single .sub / .idx file
end of story.