VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to Apple's website<http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/camcorders.html>, the Panasonic PVDV-100 model has been tested by Apple and is Mac compatible. I am wondering if the Panasonic PV-DV-103 might be included under this model of compatible cameras. All the Panasonic PV-DV100, 200, 400 models are? Does that make a PV-DV fall into the set of Pv-DV 100(s) that are? OR is Apple saying only that the PVDV-100 is?

In general, what makes a mini-dv is mac compatible? I thought it was if it had ilink, Apple's firewire. But Sharp mini dv cams have that, and according to their representative, their min dv cams are not mac compatible in general?

could anyone please assist here?
    Thank you,

-tab
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's a safe bet that any PV-DV100 series Panasonic camcorder will work perfectly with your Mac. It's even likely the Sharp models will too as long as they can export DV format via Firewire/iLink. The Sharp representative was probably confused because there isn't any Mac software bundled with those camcorders.

I connected my Pioneer standalone DVD recorder via Firewire to import DV video to iMovie and that isn't on any list of Apple supported devices.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Frobozz,

thank you--for both replies.
    --appreciate it.

-tab
    Quote Quote