+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 63
FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1873
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    Had my brother test DSG on Windows 7 64bit + WMP12(12.0.7601.17514) and both Slide Settings and Project Settings worked after clicking "Yes" to the "Do you want to allow avs"-ish pop up.
    Strange - exactly the same WMP12 version I'm using.

Nevertheless, thanks for the info.
    Maybe this problems happens only with german Windows.
    (Drag0n is german, too.)

Very strange.
    Others have the same trouble, for example this thread: WindowsMediaPlayer-plugin-to-play-AVS
    => "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. ..."

But also in that thread no sollution.
    Last edited by Berni314; 2nd Apr 2012 at 14:05.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What happens if you make a simple avs script like:
    colorbars()
    Save it as .avs and drag and drop that file on WMP?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What happens if you make a simple avs script like:
    colorbars()
    Save it as .avs and drag and drop that file on WMP?
    Of course I've tested it also with a simple script.
    My simple script looked like this:
    Code:
    ImageSource("test.png")
    Nevertheless I also tried
    colorbars()
    First to say: of course it plays without problems with MPC.

1) drag'n'drop into WMP of "such" (not working) files is ignored
    2) using the file->open dialog instead, gives the same results, shown on WindowsMediaPlayer-plugin-to-play-AVS (oh, of course in german langua on my computer )

Oh, one question: on that PC where it is working, when you start WMP and use file->open
    Do you than see also *.avs files?
    After starting, I see only "mediafiles (all types)" (and because avs is not working, I don't see avs).
    I have to switch to "all files (*.*)"
    Quote Quote  
  4. My brother and I are not living it the same country and he's offline now, so I can't ask him to do any further testing.

However you could try to install ffdshow and enable the Avisynth decoder, maybe that will solve your problem.

Or the Project Settings player uses a temp file and maybe that has got stuck somehow, so find the ".DVDslideshowGUI"(note the: '.') folder and delete it, for a fresh DSG start.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    However you could try to install ffdshow and enable the Avisynth decoder, maybe that will solve your problem.
    Already intalled.

By the way, I recognize the following:
    when I use for example MPC to play a video (for example any avi) with ffdshow, I can see on the lower right taskbar a blue symbol (FF audio) and a red symbol (FF video).

When playing an avs with MPC, this icons are NOT there, so I assume ffdshow is not used in this case.
    In the ffdshow video decoder configuration, in the section Codecs, there is listen a Format "AviSynth", where I can select "AviSynth" and "disabled". Still changing this has no effect. In both cases MPC is playing avs, always no red+blue symbol.

And furtheremore, using WMP, I NEVER see the red+blue boxes, so it seems WMP is not using ffdshow.
    Or the Project Settings player uses a temp file and maybe that has got stuck somehow, so find the ".DVDslideshowGUI"(note the: '.') folder and delete it, for a fresh DSG start.
    Yes, also this I've done a lot of times.

Principially I've done it first time, when I was searching, where the selection "always play avs" was saved.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Today I needed a long time to figure out the following:
    my target was to create such a video: RotatingFrame_right
    but always I got this: RotatingFrame_wrong

After some time (I'm an avs beginner), I figured out that you changed the level.
    After removing all level-commands, the transparent part stayed transparent.

Do you think changing the level will give better results?
    (Maybe an option to turn it on or off?

---

By the way about my Windows 7 + WMP(avs) problem:
    I can also use your nice program without preview. Especially when I concentrate on avs-scripting it became less important.
    And furthermore DVDslideshowGUI is working very fine with VirtualBox+XP.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi,

I just found DVD Slideshow GUI yesterday. I am very impressed with it.

However I couldn't get any of the .jpg based transitions to work correctly when exported to .mpg. They played fine in the preview, but not in the exported .jpg.

Instead of transitioning smoothly, the next image would just appear, then the transition would run about halfway, then the next image would just overlay the previous one again.

Instead of
    Image-A -> Transition -> Image-B

I get
    Image-A -> Image-B -> Partial Transition - Image-B

I can post a sample mpg tonight if this description is not clear enough.

It happened on every .jpg transition that I tried.
    Quote Quote  
  8. @ ErikRuud
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG0951RC3_Patch.zip
    Download, unzip, add the included files to the main folder of an installed DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.5.0 and overwrite the old files.

@ Berni314
    How are you doing that effect, by animation tool and a dissolve? (Btw. If you use a video background/avs script as background the background should be keyed out.)
    Quote Quote  
  9. DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.5.1 is out.

New:
    - Select array of random transitions
    - Five new split transitions
    - Import most file types with FFmpegsource Avisynth wrapper
    Bugs:
    - Image transitions
    - Transition between slide nr. 2 and 3 with negative transition duration

The video conversion function(for ex. Ipad) didn't make it into this release.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How are you doing that effect,
    Oh, it's nice that I've managed it that you ask about it.
    by animation tool and a dissolve?
    Exactly.

I've prepered both images, by scaling the paintings, putting the frame around it and saved them as png with transparent around the frame.
    I'm sure, the follwing you knew before: using a wall as background, making animation where the first image will be rotating the last 25 frames, while the second image start rotating with the first 25 frames, overlapping by 25 frames.

Even the picture-frame is exactly on the same place on both images, I wasn't able to fully correct overlap them. So when you look in detail on the result, you could also recognize the blending of the two frames.
    Making it perfect would be a lot of hard work (and still I'm not sure, if really possible): first creating a avi without the picture-frame, only with background and paintings. And in second step make an overlapping picture-frame. But I believe it would also very hard (maybe impossible) to turn the picture-frame exactly the same as the paintings (done before).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Tin2Tin

I assume I have to address you with my problem.
    Been using your DSG for a long time and did also updates in the past.
    Now after 1 year, I wanted to make a new slideshow with subtitles.
    But the titles will not show up anymore.

I tried so many things in settings and updating versions and player but really no chance.
    So I went back to an older version (0939) and it works again.
    So I went with newer ones (0940, 0947) but also no chance.

Do you have an idea what had changed and I may have to remember with newer versions ?
    I tried the version 0951.

Thank you for an answer.
    Patrik
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm on vacation right now, so I can't check it. However you could check if the Project Settings>Subtitles checkbox is checked and make sure that you use the included Avisynth 2.6 or higher.

Let me know if any of this work out for you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Patrik2012 View Post
    Hello Tin2Tin

I assume I have to address you with my problem.
    Been using your DSG for a long time and did also updates in the past.
    Now after 1 year, I wanted to make a new slideshow with subtitles.
    But the titles will not show up anymore.
    Maybe you should tell us what output you generate. SSA or AVS or BlueRay or ????
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Tin2Tin and Georg84 for your interest.

I installed the software on another pc with WIN7 Enterprise 64 bit and it worked right away.

So going back to my XP pc no chance.
    After spending too long a time, I decided to uninstall some software and filters related to the 2 slideshow softwares
    (e.g AviSynth 2.5, AvsP, DVD slideshow GUI, GUI for dvdauthor, ImgBurn, xvid, ffdshow, foto2avi, Haali, GUI for dvdauthor).

I then installed the xp-codec-pack and then installed from scratch the DSG.
    I had then to tick on subtitles on DSG (Settings F6) and ... it works now.
    Unbelieveable such a long time I fiddled around different settings and then just let us start from the beginning.

Thank you again for your brain storming.
    Enjoy the weekend.

Patrik
    Last edited by Patrik2012; 4th May 2012 at 13:03.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Patrik2012 View Post
    Didn't this setting work before you reinstalled everything?
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have been trying to use this program for a few days now and I am constantly stuck at the same error. When I try to preview it processes for a while and then says, "avisynth can not handle one of the slides between N and N," where N is a different number for each project I have created.

I examine the image at location N and there is nothing unusual or broken about it. I even delete image N from my project, plus the two files before and after it. But when I preview it again, it still errors out at the same place. So it isn't a problem with the images.

As I say, I am doing nothing usual. I am just importing slides and viewing them. No subtitles or fancy anything. What's wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Bing987 View Post
    "avisynth can not handle one of the slides between N and N,"
    That error can mean one out of two things:

1. Avisynth is choking on one of the images in between those two numbers. DSG is batch processing images in 16 images batches and if something goes wrong it can only tell in what batch there was an error.

To check what image is causing the error left click on a slide to see the number of that slide in the Status Bar bellow to the right in the main window( ex. 29/57 means that image 29 out of 57 is selected).

When you find the area of the mentioned in the error message, double left click on the slide to preview that slide, the transition and the following slide.

If the preview shows a text error message then one of those two slides is causing the error and you should remove it. If you do not find the bad image then continue left double clicking every other image within that array mentioned in the error message until you find it.

2. That you're out of free harddisk space on the drive where the temp files are beeing saved during preview or renders.

Let me know if this solves your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks for replying. It pretty much has to be running out of temp space since the error message is currently, "... between slides 160 and 160." I have deleted slides 158 to 162 and the message returns as, "... between slides 160 and 160."

How do I change the drive and folder where the temp files are written? I see no options in the program for changing preferences.

And, for the future, the error message should read that there is not enough temp space.
    Quote Quote  
  19. The drive for temp files can't be changed. how much free space do you have on the c: drive? And the drive you're exporting to?

There is an estimation calculation on the space needed and a error message there goes with that and also Windows will start complaining if you're running out of free space on the c: drive.

How many slides do you have in the entire slide show?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I have 511 GB available on the C drive and 672 GB free on the drive where the slideshow is created. There are 388 slides that I want to add to the slideshow (and probably more over time) but currently there are only about 200 added. I tried breaking the slideshow into two parts but still got the message.

Would it fix the problem if I moved everything to a drive with 2.0 TB free?

Is there some algorithm to figure out how many slides can be used based on how much free drive space is available?
    Quote Quote  
  21. It can't be because of lacking free hard drive space in your case with that much free space. So you'll have to locate the image which makes Avisynth error - by doing what I wrote above.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Well, after an afternoon of trial and error, I discovered what was really going on.

I tried your suggestion of double-left clicking on the suspect image files and your program did a mini-preview just fine on all of them.

So, I started deleting them one by one until the project worked. That was a better way of figuring out which file was causing the problem.

Once I found the file, I ran it through every conversion program I had and changed formats many times. Nothing changed. Your slideshow failed each time.

Finally, when I gave the file a completely new filename, it worked. It seems that your program doesn't like filenames with "%20" in them. As you probably know, some programs tend to convert the space character in a filename into the character string "%20". Most subsequent programs have no problems with that character string but your does. After I changed the filename of each image with "%20" in it, everything worked.

Whew!

You should probably added something about that in your FAQ or help file.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bing987 View Post
    It seems that your program doesn't like filenames with "%20" in them.
    I expect it's the % character that's the problem.
    The program uses Avisynth's ImageSource() function to read the slides, which interprets % as part of a format string to represent a sequence of files.

@tin2tin: A possible solution is for you to replace any "%" character in the filename by "%%", which will be interpreted as a literal "%", following "sprintf syntax".
    Quote Quote  
  24. Okay, well, I've passed that hurdle and now I want to export my slideshow as a movie.

I select ".AVI" type and it processes for a while and creates a weird AVI file with backwards and upside-down lettering but no slides. Grr.

I select ".MPG" type and it processes for a while, brings up a screen that quickly flashes error messages that I cannot read, and then stops.

Now what?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Patrik2012 View Post
    Didn't this setting work before you reinstalled everything?
    Hello Tin2Tin

No, I ticked that, I updated codecs, changed picture sizes, without sound, and more.
    Only going back to an older version worked.

But now I works after the new installation.

Another thing is creating a DVD to start right away.
    The DVD structure was created, or also an iso image, and everytime I wanted to burn it, the DVD would not start.
    The CDBurnerXP created an error of bad DVD+RW.

After looking again I realized that the DVD file structure has a missing VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
    DSG always creates just VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB.
    But it should have the VIDEO_TS.IFO too.
    With the help of IfoEdit I created a new structure and with this everything works now, eventually.
    The CDBurnerXP accepts now the file too.
    Do you know if I have to tick something else ?

Regards
    Patrik
    Quote Quote  
  26. @ Bing987
    Good to know about % error. The new errors you've run into have I no idear what's causing.

@ Patrik2012
    Will have to look into that when I get a spare moment. For now try to use Export to DVD Menus(.gfd) export.
    Quote Quote  
  27. A patch for solving the author dvd bug and the % bug(download, unzip and add to the main folder of an installed DSG v.0.9.5.1)
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DVDslideshowGUI0952Alpha.zip

Pls, test the author dvd function and let me know if it works, so I can make a new official release asap.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 11th May 2012 at 19:56.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Sorry if this has been asked before. I went looking through the forum but couldnt find it.

DVD Slideshow GUI used to produce DVDs that looped back to the beginning after the last slide was complete.

That seems to have been removed at some point.

Is there any way I can retrieve this feature?

I haven't been able to find anything about this in the help menu.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Is there any way I can retrieve this feature?
    No, it is hardcoded.
    Quote Quote  
  30. DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.5.2 has been released with the bugfixes mentioned above.

Get it at the homepage.
    Quote Quote