Page 1 of 63
1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. DVD slideshow GUI
    Bug report and development thread.

A free multi-purpose slideshow studio.

Current version: Homepage

If you want to report a bug please write the following in your bug report:
    - Version of DVD slideshow GUI and OS(XP, Vista...)
    - A repeatable workflow which will cause the error to occur. (If I can't repeat it I can't fix it).
    - On rendering bugs please add your RAM, HDD space.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 27th Jan 2010 at 18:25.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    the image doens't work and the download doesn't work either,
    The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

you can upload files and images in our forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It is all there at videohelp.com as freeware. Avisynth is used for most of the free software to process video, Get that first.

For encoding you can use HCenc or Quenc. Both are using avisynth scripts as import.

It's very simple to write a script for import of an avi:

Code:

avisource("yourpath")

converttoyv12()
    Paste this into notepad and save as .avs.

Use HCenc for the best video quality(m2v) and Quenc for audio(ac3)(or you can use Quenc for both - but HCenc is better for video).

The get GUI for dvdauthor/Muxman for authoring. It is very advanced, and can do amazing stuff. But it's not that difficult. Just find your folder with the rendered files and drag n' drop them into the menu. Create DVD/Preview/Burn.

Media Player Classic works fine as external previewer.

Imgburn can be set up with GUI for DVDauthor, which can burn your dvd's for you and is also freeware.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  4. As of the 25. of november an update is ready.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  5. Another update...

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  6. Updated - now it's ready for some rough testing!

Btw. you can export a m2v and a ac3 file and use Muxman to produce a ready to burn DVD file.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  7. Updated to version 00g

9. dec - PAL 4:3, NTSC 4:3, PAL 16:9, NTSC 16:9 added!

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  8. Updated.
    10. dec - Exports chapters(one for each chapter) in smpte(aka. 00:00:01.00) or frames(useful in muxman).

I'm amazed how easy things get with muxman: :P
    1. Make your slideshow in DVDsGUI.
    2. Export: m2v+ac3+txt(chapters in frames)
    3. Import m2v+ac3+txt(chapters in frames) in muxman and export.
    4. Burn it and you'll have a slideshow dvd with chapterpoints for each new slide.

If you want to add more slideshows to a dvd you can use GUI for DVDauthor or DVDauthor GUI to set up your menus (these two use chapters in smpte and both imports the txt file saved in DVDsGUI).

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes, you guessed right... another update!

Now it is possible to export directly to iso or dvd folders with chapters - all ready to burn.

Though it's a bit of a hassel to download DVDslideshowGUI, QuEnc, Media Player Classic and Avisynth - it can't get much easier to burn your own dvd-slideshows when you're up and running - and that is for free!!!

Have mucho fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  10. 15. dec - Added grayscale transitions - every image in the transitionfolder will be converted into super cool transitions- when restarting. So now you can make your own transitions - the possibilities are unlimited! And now you can add random transitions too.

Though there might be some minor bugs here and there - it's pretty solid, advanced and ready for use.

Tin2tin

Lowres photos+low bitrate rendering of a few grayscale transitions preview: dvdsguilowbirate.m2v
    Quote Quote  
  11. 15. dec - Night. Added an installer so now everything can be downloaded in one go(4 parts) and installed so you don't have to worry about what goes where.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do i just need to unrar them all to the same folder? Are each parts the same?

Thanks

Rog
    There are many ways to measure success. You just have to find your own yardstick.
    Quote Quote  
  13. after install I can't start the app up.It tells me to move the installation path to a dir with no "-" in the pathname etc...although I used the default installation path
    Quote Quote  
  14. Do i just need to unrar them all to the same folder? Are each parts the same?
    The rars are 4 different parts, but with the same size. Download them all to the same place on your harddisk and unrar them (you can get a trial of winrar here.)

after install I can't start the app up.It tells me to move the installation path to a dir with no "-" in the pathname etc...although I used the default installation path
    Unfortunately I'm having troubles with running comandlinetools from folders with empty spaces and '-' so therefore I have to let DVDsGUI make this check and error. The default dirs name depends on the language win is running - so if it is English the "Program Folder" does contain an empty space character, and you'll have to install it into another folder without the empty space character. Sorry.

Thanks for testing it. I'm looking forward to hear from you - how things goes.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  15. through sheer happenstance, i stumbled upon your program while looking for a simple, easy solution to a problem i was having. i have a couple of thousand slides than i'm scanning in (batches of 140 or so) than i want to group into slide shows. (some with as few as 50 pictures, but i want to be able to have a slide show with 150 if possible). they are to be displayed on a 50" HDTV (768p). to make it even easier, none of the slideshows will include sound! your program is simple, easy to use and relatively quick. but i have some comments/questions:

1) it would be great if i could resize the import images dialog box- the narrow vertical window makes it difficult for me sometimes to read longer file names.

2) import images seems to ignore the first file located in a folder. ie. i have s1-s20, the import images lists shows s2-s20.

3) an alpha/numeric sort by filename in the main window would be a big help.

4) what is the max number of files/size in a slide show?

5) for some reason i am unable to export more than 10 files to a mpg (or in my case a m2v because i dont have sound)- i select the files, chose export to m2v and while it seems to process all sample 20 images the movie only contains the first 10.

6) while the QuEnc guide was moderately helpful, it doesn't include information on ALL of the advanced settings. for instance, what is Interlaced encoding? DC precision? QLB matrix? (basically the whole right and bottom side of the advanced dialog box)

at any rate, i love what i've seen so far and would love to make it a part of my (rather large project). any help, comments you could give me would be great!

thanks,

eb
    Hi EB,
    Thanks for your PM, I hope it's okay that I reply here.
    (o) What's your resolution?
    1. Added.
    2. Thanks for finding this bug - it should be all right now.
    3. Added sorting - look under the edit menu.
    4. Dunno - sounds like you got the material to stress test it
    5. This one I can't figure out - I don't have this problem on my computer!? (Btw. it always exports all slides - not just the selected)
    6. The GUI is just using QuEnc - you can finde more info on QuEnc here.

Btw. if you want to make mpg/iso you can add a wav with no sound.

Thanks for testing it,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  16. You can get the DVD slideshow GUI help file here.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin
    Unfortunately I'm having troubles with running comandlinetools from folders with empty spaces and '-' so therefore I have to let DVDsGUI make this check and error.
    Put quotes around the paths.. like so.

mplex -f 8 -o "c:\out folder\out file.mpg" "c:\in folder\in file.m2v" "c:\in folder\in file.ac3"
    Quote Quote  
  18. Added helpfile to the gui...

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  19. View a flash tutorial af DVD slideshow GUI made with Wink here:

flash tutorial

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  20. Found a couple of bugs, and uploaded another version the same day(6. jan) v 0.55 -> v 0.56. I'm sorry - if any of you dl'ed the v 0.55. Please report any bugs here...

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  21. The Pan, zoom and rotate tool is comming along nicely:

It is fully functional by now - but I still need to implement it to the DVD slide show GUI. It will be quite difficult for me - and it might take some time... . I've found a nice way to get good quality when zooming into images - and a way to preview - whithout rendering - though this stuff tend to get quite heavy for the computer.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  22. Great work!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Just a hint: If QuEnc doesn't succed with rendering/exporting then check if the bitrate value is smaller than the max bitrate(under advanced options). If the bitrate value is higher than the max bitrate QuEnc won't render your file!

(I will get DsG to check this in the next version)

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  24. I like it! two things that I didnt see and would like to(if they are there and I could not find them please let me Know).
    1. the ability to automatically set the length of the slideshow to that of the wav.
    2.the ability to use more than one wav.

regardless great job!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thanks

The two functions you're asking for - aren't included in DsG - but when you preview your slideshow - Media Player Classic will show the precise length.

When you got that length you can use ex. Goldwave to create a wav(48 khz) - with one or more pieces of music - in the same length as you need for your DsG slideshow. That way you can make one long wav to fit your slideshow.

You can even use goldwave to record a speak - simultaneous with playing a rendered videoslideshow file - so the slideshow and newly recorded wav will be in sync(when importing it into DsG afterwards).

Good luck,

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  26. Got the animation tool to work inside DVDsGUI - and uploaded a new version - check it out!!

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  27. Is this available in something besides RAR format? I'd love to try it out.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    tin2tin: make a zip package! and I can fix an account so you can upload files on the videohelp server.

http://www.geocities.com/naked3d/DVDsGUIvtr.htm does not work in FireFox.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Sounds great - I pm'ed you
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  30. Uploaded a new version... with all in one exe.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote