VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 63
FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1873
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    This software uses a program called diskfree.exe which contains a virus Win32:Malware-gen [according to Avast antivirus]
    Quote Quote  
  2. diskfree.exe is a small program I coded in autoit script and it doesn't contain a virus. It checks how much free space on the drive and writes the result to a txt file which then can be read into DSG. DSG is coded in wxbasic which doesn't contain a function to check free space on a drive.

Autoit sometime pops up as false positives in various anti-virus programs, so please ask your anti-virus provider to check that file properly before blocking it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to make a DVD Video Slideshow using a combination
    of Video AVI files and JPG phoos. When importing the .AVI files
    I get the following error messages. Can anyone tell me what I am
    doing wrong? Thanking you in advance. Patrick in Panama.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot001.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	26914  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot003.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	26915  

Quote Quote  
  4. DSG is not very strong at working with videos, so I would suggest you to export your photo slides as a videos from DSG and then use Shotcut to edit those together with your video clips. The edited video can then be authored as a dvd with some of the free tools found here at Videohelp.(If you don't need menus on the dvd, then Eyeframe Converter (EFC) can be used, just make sure that your frame rate and the video aspect ration fits the dvd specifications and you author a dvd that fits your country's Pal or Ntsc dvd standalone players)
    Last edited by tin2tin; 15th Aug 2014 at 18:43.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much Tin2Tin for your prompt reply to my problem.
    I hope that you continue to work on this project as I have used
    this program many times in the past to create photo slideshows.
    Sincerely,
    Patrick
    Quote Quote  
  6. Attempting to download DVD Slideshow GUI new version. Upon downloading twice, AV/AS software detected:

A variant of Win32/bundled.toolbar.ask potentially unsafe app.

Threat detected upon access to web by the application c:\user, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit August 26, 2014.

The' DVD Slideshow GUI' download app is potentially unsafe and should not be used?
    Last edited by ImNew; 26th Aug 2014 at 08:45. Reason: No response.
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you download from the link at my signature I can guarantee you there is no toolbar included in the installer. On possible false positives see this post: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/188464-DVD-slideshow-GUI-development-thread?p=23369...=1#post2336923
    Quote Quote  
  8. I did download from another site that I usually use without any problems. The security software did not show, 'diskfree.exe' as potentially unsafe.

What is adf.ly? Why does it require 'cookies' to be enabled? Also, requires Adobe Flash Player (already installed). Clicking the 'back' button, is useless once the adf.ly page is displayed. Why? As you can tell, I am a far cry from being a techie.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Don't use that site. 'Downloading apps' are sure to fill you computer with toolbars and other crap. What's the name of it? Link?

Downloading from the DSG homepage: At the adf.ly site just click 'skip ad' when you can and the download will start. Adf.ly will earn me a dime or less pr. download.

Or you can download DSG here at Videohelp.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Object: http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/SetupImgBurn_2.5.5.0.exe

Threat: A variant of win32/bundled.toolbar.ask potentially unsafe application.

I clicked your DSG homepage link. Might be a problem with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Apparently this has been implemented in http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/14055-imgburn-v2510-released/page-2

Changed the Imgburn version to 2.5.0.0 (even though the filename says something different)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Installed ESET NOD32 (paid version) last month on a new pc. Went to the ImgBurn website & address is blocked. http://ads.uniblue.com/imgburn_lbframe.html

Prior to, read the ESET knowledge base. A potentially unwanted application is a program that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi tin2tin, thanks for developing and releasing DVD slideshow GUI as freeware.

Your program has solved an issue for me, where for some time now, I've been trying to make the perfect Audio DVD.
    For those who don't know, this is a Audio DVD which plays on all DVD players as opposed to a DVD-Audio disc that only plays on supported players.
    My aim of course, was to have the audio of my choice (WAV, DTS, MP3, AC3, etc) coupled with appropriate track images (JPG or BMP) and chapters plus a basic menu on the DVD, all done using freeware.

I had for some time, been able to do this to about 90% success, using either Muxman or MJPEGTools and DVDStyler, etc.
    My issue however, and it was an important one, that meant 90% was just not acceptable for me, was that I could not perform seeking (ffwd or rewind) on the resultant disc, without it skipping back to the start. In other words, it never behaved like a normal DVD in that regard, though I could have chapters and a menu.

DVD slideshow GUI solved this issue for me, but I had to put in an extra image near the end of the last track, to gain seeking in that one.

A few issues with DVD slideshow GUI, that could have prevented extra work for me, as I still had to have the resultant vob files suitable for DVDStyler, was -
    (1) Audio is always converted to AC3, which is not what I want usually. I wish to retain my HQ 24 bit 48 KHz WAV files or 5.1 DTS files. To deal with this, I have to use PGCDemux, to get single M2V and AC3 files. Then I use the M2V file, with my original WAV file, in Muxman, to get the desired VOB(s). I did also try to include the AC3 file, but the process always failed with a buffer issue in Muxman. I could remux either audio file successfully with the M2V, but never both without that issue.
    (2) All VOB files are created at .99 GB or less in size, while I need a single VOB file, to avoid re-multiplexing and transcoding, to prevent wasted time etc in DVDStyler on export. I currently need to use VOBMerge to achieve this.
    (3) You cannot actually add an AC3 track as audio, and therefore bypass the conversion to that, which would save on time when troubleshooting/testing.
    (4) While I like most of the transitions, it would nice to just select none on occasion.
    (5) You cannot only use one image file. Which is great rule to have for slideshows, but not an Audio DVD, where I may only have one track and one image. Currently I need to have another image anyway, near the end of the last track, to get seeking, so this is not much of an issue, though I guess having to do that, could be seen as an issue.

If you don't have any intent to address these issues (not strictly being slideshow related), I'd love to know the command-line arguments you use with third party programs, to get the resulting M2V file seekable.

That said, you have a pretty good foundation with DVD slideshow GUI, to also make it an Audio DVD creator type program as well.

Cheers, thanks again, and hope you can help.
    Tombs

P.S. Great to see you use AutoIt for some of your coding. I use AutoIt a lot, and in fact, create my BMP files for my Audio DVD's using one of my programs - Track To Graphic. That program incorporates album cover and text etc.
    Last edited by Tombs; 24th Nov 2014 at 22:57.
    Quote Quote  
  14. GUI for dvdauthor has dedicated audio DVD functions. Check that out. I never used audio dvds and know nothing about them. I guess that as normal dvds the audio is limited to what is compatable with DVD specs.

Bwt. no transition is called 'cut'. And use a black image if you need 'no image'.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for replying tin2tin.

I'm aware of DVDAuthor's options, but it is a notoriously difficult program to get one's head around, without enough background knowledge. Those options, apart from Lplex, which I have played with and even built a frontend for a few years ago, are geared toward DVD-Audio. I had mixed results with Lplex, and the author at that point, had stopped due to a busy life, as was mine then too.

Audio DVD uses the audio specs for DVD Video, so not as much range as DVD-Audio and what can go into the AUDIO_TS folder, but you can use high bitrates and WAV or DTS PCM files, all within the standard DVD specs for the VIDEO_TS folder.

Certainly my 24 bit 48 KHz PCM WAV files are perfectly acceptable.

Like I said though, it is only the image side of things when making the M2V files seekable, that I run into trouble.
    You are obviously doing something with ffmpeg or hcenc or whatever, to get correctly made M2V files, even though I use Muxman or MJPEGTools with the same amount of frames as displayed in DVD slideshow GUI.

I'm just a humble older backyard programmer, who struggles with descriptions and terms used by the DVD fraternity.

I would ever be so grateful to be told your command-line arguments with whatever you use to get the M2V files you do.

Thanks for the heads up on the transitions.

P.S. I don't have a player that supports DVD-Audio and are never likely to, now that Pure Audio Blu-ray is here. Audio DVD however, can easily be played by anyone who has a DVD player, Blu-ray player and most media players (hardware or software).
    Last edited by Tombs; 25th Nov 2014 at 02:51.
    Quote Quote  
  16. When mentioning Gui for dvd author, this is what I meant: http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/AudioTitleset.html
    (It's also a gui for Muxman, and extremely powerful).

The code of DVD slideshow GUI is in the source folder of the installed DVD slideshow GUI, if you want to check the command lines out. Can't remember how it's done.

BTW. if you know how to make a Avisynth batch wrapper for each audio file with image, you should try to import them as Avisynth scripts and then check out DSG's export DVD menus function out. That will give you 1. all the songs played one by one, 2. chapter menus for each song, and 3. progress one song at a time with the dvd remote control.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. Will check out all.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    "DVD slideshow GUI is an open source and free multi-purpose slideshow studio."

I wonder where I can find the source code?
    Ronny
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by ronnylov View Post
    "DVD slideshow GUI is an open source and free multi-purpose slideshow studio."

I wonder where I can find the source code?
    Pls read carefully two post above your own post: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/188464-DVD-slideshow-GUI-development-thread?p=23590...=1#post2359034
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, excuse me in advance if this isn't the right thread that I should have used, but I'm totally new on these thigs. Im from Italy and I'm trying to use DSG: it's a very great program, really! I've only a problem when I add some .avi files: they go slow (video and sound), it's like listening to an old vinyl record 45 with speed 33, do you know? Or am I a too old girl and nobody knows the vinyl discs anymore?!?
    I've found that another person has the same problem like me (see thread "AVI playback slow in exported mp4 file"), but he became no answer.
    My original videos were .vob (originally they came from a canon digital ixus 60) and I've used formact factory to convert them into .avi files: when I see these files on my pc they go normally, but when I try to see on DSG (either in preview or after created an ISO) they go slow...coud you help me, please? thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Convert your vob to 25 frames pr. sec. And set the Dsg project properties to PAL and 25 FPS (frames PR sec). Then exported files should play OK, but preview may sound slow depending the power of your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    Convert your vob to 25 frames pr. sec. And set the Dsg project properties to PAL and 25 FPS (frames PR sec). Then exported files should play OK, but preview may sound slow depending the power of your computer.
    The DSG's properties were already ok: I had only to change the converting properties (into 25 fps, as you said) and now...it works great!!! Thank you so much, really! Now I can go on and improve myself, trying all the other options! Thanks a lot, tin2tin!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!
    The latest version 0.9.5.4 is now already over 2 years old.
    DSG is being maintained or the development is finished?

It would be nice if it would go further.
    For example, you could still improve the sorting of images. For example, instead of using the mouse by clicking on the arrows.
    Embed Tiff images show, from left rather than folders, use MP4. Updating the components, preview effects in the selection, operation, follow-up, etc., export it to 4K or the original resolution.

I would be happy even if the effects of image and text in German would be that would facilitate many.

Sincerely R.Lehmeier
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'm affraid that I don't see a great future for slideshows on dvds. On top of this it is coded in wxbasic, which stopped development many, many years ago. Most of your feature requests require functions not supported by wxbasic.

As DSG is now I consider it as complete as it can be within the limitations of wxbasic and my time. It's around 20.000 lines of code, a toolset surpassing most commercial slideshow softwares. And on top of this I have allready invested many years of my life in it.

Numorous times I have mentioned how users could add and share additional transitions, effects and backgrounds. Over the many years absolutely no one did that. So it has never evolved into a comunity driven project. Which is a bit dissapointing.

Anyway, instead of asking what a programmer of free and open source software can do for you, maybe you instead should ask what you can do for that paticular software yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thank you for the quick reply.
    Also, if I understand you are frustrated because no one has been involved in the project, I want to tell them that you have created with their program a very good piece of software that has made us much joy and even my father gave the possibilities that he very good Dieashows created on DVDs.
    The program ming is a time consuming thing I can well understand even if I can not program yourself.

I want them here, but again thank you created this program.

As for the DVD's I want to tell them that it is not only used for DVD creation but also to create slide shows.
    Whether this will then land on a stick, YOUTUBE or a DVD then decided later.
    But also burn DVD's I again and again.

Maybe you'll find once again the momentum to take this program to develop new or something similar.
    I wish them anyhow still a long and healthy life.

With grateful regards R.Lehmeier
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Select all; Properties; Subtitle to use "Comment" data from Exif data. Subtitle data in the slideshow are not the same as the file. Some blanks filled with a previous value and then others are totally wrong. The program works extremely slow every time you make an action or preview, even the final stage took several hours for 300 photo's.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in dvd slideshow gui everytime i go to preview the slideshow i get blank pages the effects in the transitions appear to be to working as the one i used called flip page showed some white graphic moving to the next scene every few intervals. The same applies when i decide to export the slideshow. Any idea what may be causing this?

thanks for your help

NVM: SOLVED IT
    Last edited by teadrinker; 5th Feb 2016 at 14:34.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hello!

DVDS GUI has been extremely easy to use, and I very much appreciate all of the time and effort you've put in. I'm trying to make a photo slideshow of my Mom's pictures, and everything runs pretty smoothly until I try to export to an .iso file so I can burn to DVD. I suspect that it's because I'm running Windows 10 (no choice, new laptop). I can't seem to upload the picture of the error, but it says: Runtime Error! Program C:\Program files (x86)\DVD slideshow GUI\HcEnc.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I *thinkI I was able to upload the log file.

Is there a way around this? Thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  29. There are all sorts of ffmpeg compiles out there with some codecs/options disabled. Try to use the ffmpeg included in dvd slideshow gui.
    Last edited by acheter; 28th Nov 2016 at 10:14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi tin2tin,
    I have installed this version for my brother.
    DVDsGUI0916.exe
    This is the newest version that works on Win XP. He is a bit behind on PC technology.
    Once a while (several months), he claimed that this program just disappeared from his PC.
    Is there a way to lock it so that it will not disappear from his PC ?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote