+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 63
FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1873
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks tin2tin

export to DVD menus works fine. I was hoping to keep the slideshow in 1080p. The "can't allocate memory" issue persists.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have guests for the weekend and will not be able code. Have you tried to export as.. avs and use a different video converter as suggested above? The alternative is to tinker with the hcenc ini settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    I have guests for the weekend and will not be able code. Have you tried to export as.. avs and use a different video converter as suggested above? The alternative is to tinker with the hcenc ini settings.
    enjoy !!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had limited success with this 1080p slideshow. I changed each png file to an avs by clicking "Slideshow" "Edit avs". It can only be done 1 file at a time, so it was very time consuming, but it did export as a BR, and Hcenc did not crash. This is limited to 11 files, the 12th causes other memory errors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	running.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	13724

You may want to look at the way the avs files are created pre processing.

thanks tin2tin
    Last edited by vega509; 1st Sep 2012 at 14:52.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you can preview or export to ex. Avi then the probem is not related to the avisynth script. If you want to try converting the avs to video like mentioned above you could try to open the avs in notepad and tinker with the setmemorymax value. What transitions are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you can preview or export to ex. Avi then the probem is not related to the avisynth script. If you want to try converting the avs to video like mentioned above you could try to open the avs in notepad and tinker with the setmemorymax value. What transitions are you using?
    I was using mirror down. I changed that to cut and I've got to 20 files so far.

what are the parameters for the

SetMemoryMax(Round(SetMemoryMax(0)*2))

line? just change the 2 to a larger number?

I notice the avisynth only uses one processor, can this be changed to use all 8? will this speed up the file creation?

thanks once again tin2tin. I didn't think I'd be hearing from you this weekend ............
    Quote Quote  
  7. You can just exchange the stuff inside the first () to a number. Can you preview okay? If you can then export as avs, change the setmemorymax value and load the avs file in winff.

Someone has been working on a multi thread version of avisynth. I dont think it is stable yet, but try to google it to dig up that version if you want to try it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. On the memory allocation in HCenc the author of the program Hank says:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2016840&viewfull=1#post2016840

What background, pre and post effects are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    right now I have both set to nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Here on my ageing computer(Vista with 3GB RAM) I can get DSG to make a BluRay with 100 slides without problems(except for a very long render time ).

Do you have any other programs running which might interfer with Hcenc? Some time ago someone here on this forum who was playing a graphic intensive game while HCenc was rendering and that made it crash.

Does it also give an error when exporting to mp4?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the only programs running when rendering is Firefox, and the windows services.

What is the native resolution are your slides? These are 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hmm... HCenc renders more than 10 slides with big photos here without any problems. Could you save a DVD slideshow GUI project file for me and either open it in Notepad and paste the contents into a PM for me or upload that file somewhere?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is the project file ........

I found a new error, if I insert a small .avi clip just as the processing begins for BR this appears

Name:  error.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  23.1 KB

I tried to track down samples, no luck. I have no idea what this error is referring to.

thanks
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm puzzled over that HCenc memory allocation error you're getting. I tried your file and it renders fine here on my old Vista computer. Are you using the DSG included Hcenc or a newer version?(As far as I remember the newer ones causes errors with DSG).

Attachment 13756

I tried to track down samples, no luck. I have no idea what this error is referring to.
    This is also a HCenc error? It doesn't look like a DSG error.

If your preview in DSG shows images and audio and not a text error - then it is not Avisynth script or DSG related, but a question on how HCenc works on your computer. Which I do not know much about since I not the coder of HCenc.

If you're aiming a making a BluRay from DSG you could try to export as mp4 and add that file manually to tsmuxer(I haven't tested it). The mp4 files are rendered with ffmpeg.

[Edit: I've fixed the save-to-ini of the External Applications and added path for GUI for DVDauthor. Download, unzip and add/overwrite the file in the DVD slideshow GUi main folder: http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DVDsGUI0954RC2.zip]
    Last edited by tin2tin; 4th Sep 2012 at 04:23.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm puzzled over that HCenc memory allocation error you're getting. I tried your file and it renders fine here on my old Vista computer. Are you using the DSG included Hcenc or a newer version?(As far as I remember the newer ones causes errors with DSG).
    I'm using the included version of Hcenc. I'll try some of the other versions and see if anything changes. The png files I'm using are @ 1.7mb each. As a thought, do you think I should use TIF's instead? I still have the original files from the camera and chose PNG to keep the quality.

I tried to track down samples, no luck. I have no idea what this error is referring to. This is also a HCenc error? It doesn't look like a DSG error.

If your preview in DSG shows images and audio and not a text error - then it is not Avisynth script or DSG related, but a question on how HCenc works on your computer. Which I do not know much about since I not the coder of HCenc.
    I'll see if a different version of Hcenc will eliminate the error.

If you're aiming a making a BluRay from DSG you could try to export as mp4 and add that file manually to tsmuxer(I haven't tested it). The mp4 files are rendered with ffmpeg.
    I'll try this when I get time

[Edit: I've fixed the save-to-ini of the External Applications and added path for GUI for DVDauthor. Download, unzip and add/overwrite the file in the DVD slideshow GUi main folder: http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DVDsGUI0954RC2.zip]
    thanks, that fixed the external application problem.

I'll post here when I've run further tests on Hcenc.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks. Has your previews been okay all along?

The best is to use jpg or pngs, however when DSG is preparing the slides it is scaling them to fit the ratio and save them lossless to hd. So when the final avs script is used the images are not bigger than whats needed and will not take up more RAM than needed.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 4th Sep 2012 at 08:24.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Has your previews been okay all along?
    no problem with the previews that I've checked.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the mp4 has no chapters, as expected, and plays fine. Tsmuxer chokes on the file however.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	13769
    Quote Quote  
  19. I wonder if x264 as an alternative to HCenc can be used for making files tsmuxer will accept and what command lines to use for 1080p and 720p?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I upgraded Hcenc to the 026 beta and the slide problem seems to be solved on my system.

The samples error when putting an avi into a slide show persists, but the avi is in the slideshow thats produced.

thanks once again tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
    I upgraded Hcenc to the 026 beta and the slide problem seems to be solved on my system.
    That's good news. Let me know if you encounter any problems with this version of HCenc. I encountered problems in the newer versions, but I can't remember what problems, back then I concluded that staying with the old (and for me) working version.

Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
    The samples error when putting an avi into a slide show persists, but the avi is in the slideshow thats produced.
    Does it preview okay in DSG?

Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
    thanks once again tin2tin
    And thank you for finding a solution. It is hard to solve things I can't reproduce.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I may have found another kink. I created a slideshow with 30 png's. each set to run 300 frames. The resulting playlist should have 32 chapters (30 + start + end). The txt file created shows

00:00:00.000
    00:00:12.596
    00:00:25.192
    00:00:37.788
    00:00:50.384
    00:01:02.980
    00:01:15.576
    00:01:28.172
    00:01:40.767
    00:01:53.363
    00:02:05.959
    00:02:18.555
    00:02:31.151
    00:02:43.747
    00:02:56.343
    00:03:08.939
    00:03:21.535
    00:03:34.131
    00:03:46.727
    00:03:5

the start and the first 18 chapters are correct. the 19th is truncated, and the rest omitted. the resulting BR will allow the next button to skip to the next picture up to #18, the rest just play to #30. What ever process that creates the chapters is not finishing.

I can add the chapters manually for the omitted pictures, but with a large project that would consume a lot of time.

Is it DVD Slideshow creating the chapters file?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Make sure that you use Avisynth 2.6+ because 2.5.8 had a limitation of the length of strings which could result in a chapter-file like the one shown here. If you're using the latest Avisynth beta(better than 2.5.8), I'll have to investigate the chapter generation code, but unfortunately I'll be away from my computer the next four days.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks again tin2tin

2.6 is in alpha. would any older versions work?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FYI
    I tried v 2.6, it stops at 30 chapter points. The older 2.5.6 and back behave the same as 2.5.7.
    Quote Quote  
  26. If you have 30 images then all you need is 30 chapterpoints. In my eyes from what you write then 2.6 works correctly? Dsg can also export chapterpoints only.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    actually you need 32 if you are to navigate with the next / previous buttons on a blu-ray, the extras are 00:00:00.000, and the time a the end of the file. without these 2 extra chapters, going back you will not get to the 1st chapter, and going forward the loop feature will quit.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
    tin2tin, FYI, I was receiving the same memory errors as vega509 on both my Win7x64 machines. Following vega509's lead, replacing the packaged HCENC v23 with v26b solved the memory errors on both my computers.

Thank you for your many years developing and maintaining DSG.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry - I can't figure out where to ask a simple question about DVD slideshow GUI: How do I rotate a slide/photo? Taken "sideways," I want to turn it 90 degrees to have the top up.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  30. The simple way is to rotate the image before importing it in DSG. Right-click on the file and choose to rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise. In DSG the Slideshow > Animation can be used. The icon is a clapper board. Enter rotation 90 or -90 at the first frame and set a keyframe. Goto the last frame enter the same value again and set another keyframe.
    Quote Quote