VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 63
FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1873
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.5.2 has been released with the bugfixes mentioned above.

Get it at the homepage.
    Thanks. That did the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by osixpegasus View Post
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.5.2 has been released with the bugfixes mentioned above.

Get it at the homepage.
    Thanks. That did the trick.
    Thank you too, DVD starts now and can be burned.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!
    I probably found a bug. When you use Central_In.avs transition it creates red and green artifacts in video. See picture. It worked perfectly a year ago I have similar slideshow with same trasition and it's flawless. Does any workaround for this problem exist? Thank you in advance.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	error_transcentral.png
Views:	379
Size:	861.9 KB
ID:	12567  

Quote Quote  
  4. There seems to be a colorspace bug in the TransAll plugin, so using rgb32 instead of yv12 solves the problem.

Download http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/Transfer/Central_In.avs and overwrite the old one with it in the DVD slideshow GUI/Transitions folder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    There seems to be a colorspace bug in the TransAll plugin, so using rgb32 instead of yv12 solves the problem.

Download http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/Transfer/Central_In.avs and overwrite the old one with it in the DVD slideshow GUI/Transitions folder.
    Thank you very much.. This solved my problem.:-]
    Quote Quote  
  6. A narrated DVD slideshow GUI tutorial on all the basic functions:
    Last edited by tin2tin; 3rd Jun 2012 at 14:24.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the latest version of DVD Slidehshow GUI and I have an issue that I can't seem to resolve. When I insert photos larger than about 800x600 pixels, the DVD created by DVD Slideshow GUI shows a blank screen on the TV. When the photos are below 800x600, the DVD is generated fine and the photos show on the DVD when played on the TV. I think it has something to do the codecs. I have the same issue with my desktop that runs Vista and my laptop that runs Windows 7 (2 different PCs). Any ideas or suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  8. i have no problem using images larger than 800x600 here, so there must be something different with those images. Could you upload one of them somewhere and PM me a link?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tin2tin,

I sent you a PM with the photo links
    Quote Quote  
  10. tin2tin, I am having a similar problem. I am getting dropouts in the encoding, where the transition just goes spacky & overwrites the next few photos with weird psychedelic breakups... lol, hard to explain... here's a snapshot of when it starts going to fuzz. I am pretty sure it starts when there are high-res pics (ie 1200x1600 jpgs) - as opposed to the other picks which are all ~600.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	samplepic.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	12954
    Looks very pretty, but not what I want heh! I am using BackSpiralWave background and Timewarp transition, 94 photos.

Difficult to pin down what is going wrong. I guess I should resize all the higher-res pics down & see if that works. I'll try that.

BTW I have used a couple of other transitions too to see if it was "Timewarp"s fault, but same breakups, only differently, ie photos might go all white, or all green.

I'm hopeless at troubleshooting. But I want to get this nailed with your software because it is the BEST, and I mean that sincerely.
    Quote Quote  
  11. It is not the size of the images causing problems. We narrowed Rufus23's problems down to jpgs saved in Arcsoft Photostudio 5.5 would make Avisynth and there by DVD slideshow GUI choke. The solution was to update to Arcsoft Photostudio 6.0.

In your case my guess is that the background running several external FreeFrame plugins might cause memory problems since it seems to be both the background and the foreground affected. So what happens if you use an image as background?

If you still got a problem you could try to batch convert all your images with this program to jpg or png:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/imgconvert/

If it is a specific image causing the problem, you can double left click on that image in the list control to see if it previews okay. In that case I would like you to PM me that image so I can send it to the Avisynth dev so they could have a look.

[EDIT: I've tried to render a slideshow with 100+ slides with timewarp and BackSpiralWave in SD as mpg and avi, and it came out fine except the background became more and more saturated, which it apparently does... So this seems like one of those odd glitzes you've run into. I'll be away for vacation the coming week.]
    Last edited by tin2tin; 1st Jul 2012 at 14:10.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Click image for larger version

Name:	translations.png
Views:	1751
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	13430Before the next release of DSG I could use some help on the translations.
    Many languages only need a few more translations to be complete.

You can see the translation statuses on the image(click on image to enlarge it)

If you want to help out then go to and sign up at: http://launchpad.net

Under you new profile you need to set 'Your preferred languages' to your language.

Go to this site: https://translations.launchpad.net/dvdslideshowgui/trunk

Now your language should be among the languages available for translation and you can start translating or update an existing translation online.
    Quote Quote  
  13. 31 Women in Art Photography:
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tin2tin,
    Just downloaded 0.9.5.2 yesterday to try instead of ProShow Producer which I've been using for four + years. Immediately having a problem similar to those reported on this forum in 2009 etal: The bottom of the Project Settings panel is cut off at Export, so that the "OK" button does not appear, and thus it's impossible to change project settings. Suggestions in 2009 of changing resolution don't seem to help. I'm running Vista on 22" at 1440 x 900, changed to 1600 x 1200, same cut-off of the bottom of the Project Settings panel. The panel ought to be able to be stretched with mouse, but that doesn't work.

Please advise, and possibly correct, as time spent searching and reading forum messages about the problem, finding no specific way to display the entire Project Settings panel, then having to register, and posting just to set NTSC vs PAL is a real turn-off.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi,

I'm not sure if anbody is monitoring this thread but here goes!

Is there a way to have the video that I created continually loop to the start everytime it finishes?

I want to create a video of 200 jpg's and play it on a TV during my wifes 50th birthday party...

Thanks
    Regards
    Greg
    Quote Quote  
  16. It can be done if you export as dvd folders and use PgcEdit by following this tutorial: http://www.wireshome.com/Geoff_Pell/Looping_%20DVD_using_PgcEdit.pdf

After the files has been corrected with PgcEdit you just burn a dvd with the two folders Video_TS and Audio_TS then it should work.

Let me know how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thanks for the quick reply TinTin.

I downloaded the latest version of Pgcedit (9.3) and followed the instructions BUT...when I got to the section that required me to go into the Command Editor, the "form" that was displayed did not match what was printed in the instructions. For example, the instructions say the there is a menu called "Jump and Call" but on my "form" the menu is called "Jump to ..." and the sub menus do not match....so I can't continue....

Any ideas?

Regards
    Greg
    Quote Quote  
  18. @ lateraltech - I'm sorry I don't know anything about Pgcedit - only what I could find on Google...

DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.5.3 is out.
    - DPI 120 friendly Project Settings menu
    - TransAll by V.C. Mohan updated.
    - Arabic translation added.
    - All translations updated.
    - Right-click to import slides.

And here is a new video created in DSG with music by the great Lovvarion:
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having 2 issues with DVD Slideshow GUI v.0.9.5.3.

1. when exporting to a BR, if there are more than 10 1080p png pictures, Hcenc gives an error "can't allocate memory". I have 16gb ram on the system, and if I remove 1 of the pictures, all works well, but I do see Hcenc is only using 364mb of the ram. I put 20 800*600 jpg's into a project and all processed well, it used 257mb. It seems there is not enough RAM being given to Hcenc, is there a way to allocate more RAM for Hcenc?

2. I installed everything as instructed. When I look in external programs, I don't see an place for "GUI for dvd author", is there supposed to be one? If not, what does the tutorial mean when it say properly in stalled in external programs?. Also when I point to mspaint for the paint program, its place is lost once the program closes.

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

vega
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
    I'm having 2 issues with DVD Slideshow GUI v.0.9.5.3.

1. when exporting to a BR, if there are more than 10 1080p png pictures, Hcenc gives an error "can't allocate memory". I have 16gb ram on the system, and if I remove 1 of the pictures, all works well, but I do see Hcenc is only using 364mb of the ram. I put 20 800*600 jpg's into a project and all processed well, it used 257mb. It seems there is not enough RAM being given to Hcenc, is there a way to allocate more RAM for Hcenc?
    The low size of allocated RAM sounds quite odd. I only have 3 GB RAM on my system and HCenc allocates 1 GB. The amount of images which can be rendered are conneted to the RAM. You could try to export as .avs(avisynth script) and use WinFF, Super or any other videoconverter which supports avs files and author Blu-Ray with tsmuxer - until I get time to investigate.

In the DVD slideshow GUI there is a file called HCBD.ini which contains the settings used in HCenc for encoding BD compliant files. Here they are:
    Code:
    *BITRATE     20000
    *MAXBITRATE     25000
    *AUTOGOP    15
    *DC_PREC    10
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *PRIORITY    HIGH
    *PROFILE       BEST
    *WAIT          0
    You could try to add:

Code:
    *AVSMEMORY     3024
    or what ever value you would like to try.

Originally Posted by vega509 View Post
    2. I installed everything as instructed. When I look in external programs, I don't see an place for "GUI for dvd author", is there supposed to be one? If not, what does the tutorial mean when it say properly in stalled in external programs?. Also when I point to mspaint for the paint program, its place is lost once the program closes.
    True there is no path for GFD, but if both DSG and GFD are installed in "Program Files" DSG will find GFD, but GFD is included in the DSG installer and will be installed that way to the correct path.

Just tested with adding mspaint.exe, opening a slide in it and save image and restart DSG and the path was still mspaint.exe. But I'll take a look at the code if the ini file is updated correctly when the External App menu is closed.

It makes me happy that you're trying out those functions.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 31st Aug 2012 at 16:58.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply tin2tin.

DSG does not find GFD when following the tutorial.

DSG will not keep the paths for Paint, and AvsP, they have to be found if they are called from GSD after each restart of the program.

I tried going back one version of GSD, and the same Hcenc error occurs.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit if that makes any difference.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. Ive added some more info on how you can state the max memory of hcenc in my post above this one. It is likely that if dsg is not installed in the default location that it cant find those programs. Thank you for mentioning it. Ill have to investigate when im at my computer.

For now you can export as .gfd and open that file manually in gfd.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Adding the line *AVSMEMORY 3024 had no effect. I tried at 8500, and 16000 and still no effect.

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	13712

Limiting it to 8 1080P pictures works, anything over and the error recurs.

Where is the option to export as .gfd? here are the choices I have

Name:	export.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	13720

thanks
    Last edited by vega509; 31st Aug 2012 at 23:30.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Now is only 8 pictures? Do you have plenty of free space on all you drives?

If you export to file - DVD menus it will ask you where to save the. gfd file.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    c drive 45gb free
    d drive 175gb free
    e drive 1.8tb free

there is not an option to export to dvd see the post above for what is available to me.

[Attachment 13722 - Click to enlarge]

thanks
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	menu.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	13721  

Quote Quote  
  26. It is in the drop down file menu in the top left corner. Its early morning here. Im still not at my computer and cant look into the code. Good to know that it isnt a free hd space problem.
    Btw. You must use a dvd resolution to be able to export to dvd menus.
    Quote Quote