- AddGrain Post Effect
    - Cinestyle LUT correction for Canon EOS

Download and unzip in the the DVD slideshow GUI folder:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DVDslideshowGUI_addons.zip

Flicker Transition Example:

Cut Up Post Effect & Flicker Transition Example:
    Quote Quote  
  2. A new dark and scary slideshow with flicker transitions:

Music: Conspiracy Isn't Simple by Lovvarion http://soundcloud.com/lovvarion/conspiracyisntthatsimple
    License: Creative Commons License
    Voice: Terence McKenna

Slideshow(freeware): http://www.dvdslideshowgui.tk

Photos: Flickr.com
    License: Creative Commons License
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm creating a slideshow that I need to get done by tomorrow. I have it set up as a 720p (1280x720) project. When I render it to a file (MP4 or AVI) the render seems to work ok. But when I view the output, 6 or 7 slides appear correctly, then the rest of the video is a black screen with a message:

"GetFrameBuffer: Returned a VFB with a 0 data pointer! size=161428864, max=1610612726, used=19326699072 I think we have run out of memory!"

But, we haven't. I have 16GB on my system, and watching the system resource monitor when rendering, nothing is using more than 1.5GB or so (which is ffmpeg), and the total RAM usage is less than 4GB.

I do have some fairly large images in this slideshow (on the order of 5000x5000), but I don't think that is totally outrageous, given that a lot of the slideshow consists of zooming in from the entire picture to focus on an area in the image (i.e. zooming into a group photo to focus on a single face). All slides use Dissolve.avs for a transition, and there are some captions that are set to fade in and out.

Any idea what is going on?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Been offline a couple of days. Try to lower Project Settings > Animation Quality > Render value in order to use less memory.

Or as an alternative save as .avs open it in Notepad and set the 'setmemorymax' value in the beginning of the script to fit your system better and use ex. WinFF to render the .avs file to mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here's a new feature I've been working on:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SelectRandomTransitions.png
Views:	2574
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	11488
    It's for choosing the array of transitions the Random function should choose from. It very nice to add a "family" of transitions like all the wipes to the first 20 slides and a different "family" for the next 20...
    Quote Quote  
  6. A new rough riot slideshow(720p) with Split Transition & Cut Up Post Effect:

Music: Dreaming Of Sirens (A Journey To Zeforas Voice)
    Artist: Lovvarion
    Slideshow: www.dvdslideshowgui.tk
    Last edited by tin2tin; 20th Mar 2012 at 02:12.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here is the DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.5.1 Release Candidate 1 for testing.

The two new features to test:

- Import of all files which succesfully wraps in an avisynth script using ffmpegsource2 as importer. This means that that files like mpg, mp4, flv, tif, tga and many more now can be imported in DVD slideshow GUI, however imported files that are unseekable will cause playback errors when previewing, but rendering should be all right. Images will get a duration set in the Project Settings menu, and can only be changed in AvsP.

- Select the array of transitions the random function should pick transitions from.

Download here: http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DVDslideshowGUI0951_Release_Candidate_1.zip
    Unzip and add/overwrite the files to an installed DSG v. 0.9.5.0 main folder.
    Quote Quote  
  8. A teaser video for an imaginary ebook created in DVD slideshow GUI:

Photos by Leslie Jones
    Music by MFTU with samples of 'New Orleans' by Bobby Hackett
    http://soundcloud.com/a-smile/jazz
    Quote Quote  
  9. This is absolutely the most hilarious way to review software I've ever seen! DVD Slideshow GUI vs. DVD Photo Slideshow in a boxing match - for real!

Go for the 1 h 20 min. mark. I have no idear what they are saying, but they have a really good time.
    Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fdlG6IPRdA&t=1h19m36s
    (BTW. DVD Photo Slideshow is payware. DVD slideshow GUI isn't - as you know)

And here's a nice Tortoise slideshow:

A few post above this you'll find the DSG 0.9.5.1 RC1 for testing. Check it out.

A tutorial in russian(?)
    Last edited by tin2tin; 26th Mar 2012 at 16:27.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I've found a bug, which wasn't in v0.9.3.0, but happend with v0.9.4.0, v0.9.5.0 and also v0.9.5.1RC1 (haven't tested other).

After a few tests, I assume the reson could be using negotiate values for slide duration.

Best thing is to show an example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kncFD11lEi8

During the third picture (around position 8seconds), there is a small jump backward.

Also it could be confirmed, exporting such a slideshow as avs and load it for example in virtual dub: there are more frames then it should be.
    I can reproduce this bug: always during third picture (even when I add only 3, but also adding maybe 5, changing order, using other images ...).

With v0.9.3.0 it's working fine, but not with others (from v0.9.4.0) I've tested.

I hope you understand.
    If not, I could explain it further and also upload examplefiles.

Thanks,

Bernhard
    Quote Quote  
  11. Damn. That was the one bug that I know of and I hoped that no one would find, because when I work with the exporter code I tend to break more things than I fix(it's a mess). But now you found it, I guess I can't procrastinate it any longer - though it will take me some time to hunt it down.

Does the new features in 0.9.5.1RC1 work all right for you?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    Damn. That was the one bug that I know of and I hoped that no one would find,
    Oh, shame about me.
    because when I work with the exporter code I tend to break more things than I fix(it's a mess). But now you found it, I guess I can't procrastinate it any longer - though it will take me some time to hunt it down.
    I believe, this bug happens using negotiate numbers only (positve are working fine), but mostly it's not recognized for example if the picture is not moving.
    Does the new features in 0.9.5.1RC1 work all right for you?
    I haven't used your great program for a long, long time (maybe you remember me: I'd posted here a long time ago, about aspect ratio).
    Having a new televisor with USB-support, I thought again it would be a good idea to present photos in a slideshow on it. And this zooming+blending feature is my prefered one, so I firstly tested it and ... you see.
    So I can't say anything about the new features in 0.9.5.1RC1, also not about a lot of other earlier versions.
    ---
    Still next things I have to do:
    my televisor is 16:9, but my photos are 4:3 (and I still prefere making photos in 4:3). So I'm thinking about videos in 16:9 with nice effects, but for example images in 4:3 are moving without background. Still I've got a little bit experience in Avisynth (for example adding a mask - maybe the sollution!!!), but I'm afraid, it could be beyond my experience (and beyond the time to get it).
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Berni314 View Post
    Still next things I have to do:
    my televisor is 16:9, but my photos are 4:3 (and I still prefere making photos in 4:3). So I'm thinking about videos in 16:9 with nice effects, but for example images in 4:3 are moving without background. Still I've got a little bit experience in Avisynth (for example adding a mask - maybe the sollution!!!), but I'm afraid, it could be beyond my experience (and beyond the time to get it).
    Having some experience more ...
    But getting sad result.

I've tested it with "SlideIn_West.avs", means using: "TransSlideIn(at, bt,ft,"west")"

My tests getting the following result:
    1) this function "TransSlideIn" needs YV12-Color, not accepting RGB => no alpha-use possible
    2) bt must be of the SAME size like at => no smaller image possible

=> I have no more ideas about solving this problem.

Oh, again one example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cov9nGUvi0E

The second image (ratio 4:3) should be moved without the frame on left and right side.
    And ideas about it?

Thanks,

Bernhard

---
    edit:
    reading (http://avisynth.org/vcmohan/TransAll/docs/index.html) RGB32 IS (!!!) supported. Tested it converting both at and bt to RGB32, applying mask, but still not working ...
    ---
    edit: (last one for today )
    I was able to add an alpha-channel to bt.
    Putting "bt" on "at" with the layer-command is working (!!!), BUT TransSlideIn is NOT (!!!) taking attention of the alpha channel.
    Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zdnacsHHH0
    Last edited by Berni314; 27th Mar 2012 at 17:22.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I think I've solved that bug between slide #2 #3, but then I started tinkering with some other things which turned out to be a bag of worms.

If you want to add a new slide on top of the previous one you could use the Overlay transition and the animate the 2. image to move into the frame.

Maybe this tutorial could be helpful:
    http://blip.tv/dvdslideshowgui/falling-postcards-tutorial-dvd-slideshow-gui-3955517
    Quote Quote  
  15. New DSG patch 0.9.5.1RC2 now with a FFmpeg conversion feature(will add a lot of new formats to convert slideshows to - NB only for testing!):

Name:  DSG_Conv.png
Views: 1410
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:	conv3.png
Views:	885
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	11643

Name:	conv2.png
Views:	852
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	11644

Download here:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG0951RC2_Patch.zip
    Unzip and add/overwrite the files to an installed DSG v. 0.9.5.0 main folder.

[EDIT: I would just like to add that now DSG with this patch is it can import anything ffmpegsource can import(with an automatic Avisynth wrapper) and it can convert to anything ffmpeg supports.]
    Last edited by tin2tin; 28th Mar 2012 at 11:15.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I've solved that bug between slide #2 #3,
    Yes, seems working!
    If you want to add a new slide on top of the previous one you could use the Overlay transition and the animate the 2. image to move into the frame.

Maybe this tutorial could be helpful:
    http://blip.tv/dvdslideshowgui/falling-postcards-tutorial-dvd-slideshow-gui-3955517
    Yes, this helps.
    With this way I can do a lot of nice slideshows I like to do.

But one thing is missing to make it perfect: it would be nice, if in the animate-window, also ALPHA values could be set at the key-positions - of course different alpha values for blending in and out.
    (I also took a short look at the cvs and found, that "AddAlphaBackNoLev" is doing the job. There is a parameter for alpha, but this is only a constant for the whole part => no blending possible in this way => probably more work to do).

---

But at the moment I have a much, much bigger problem: DVD slideshow GUI is not working proberly on my Windows 7
    I get the error message shown in attachment.
    I've tried many things, reinstalled k-lite codepack and even liked to deinstall the Media Player (I don't like it, don't use it), but couldn't find an uninstall function.

I needed a lot of time to figure out the following:
    1) the error message says something like "it's avs extension, but not avs-content."
    2) the window shows "Windows Media Player"

My thinking:
    yes, it seems it's Windows Media Player and of course, this player can't play avs.

So my questions:
    is DVD slideshow GUI realy using Media Player, or should be used Media Player Classic (which can play avs) instead?
    why the Media Player is used, or better: how could I make it, that the MPC is used?

Maybe (hopefully) this is enough info for giving the sollution, so I'll stop writing here.
    Onlay like to say: I haven't such problems anywhere else, avs is working (with VirtualDub and also MPC), I could also export slideshows with DVD slideshow GUI. But the preview is not working, opening "Project Settings" also not and most terrible, the main window is always loosing focus.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	903
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	11651  

Quote Quote  
  17. I think that animating the the opacity too sounds like a fun idea, but it will be too complicated for me to code.

My German is limited, but what happens if you click the checkbox and then 'Ja'? (To allow WMP to attempt to play the avs file and remember that choice)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think that animating the the opacity too sounds like a fun idea,

but it will be too complicated for me to code.
    At first, I thought the same.
    Specialy because being a beginner in avs-coding - nevertheless like to learn more about it, I looked at this part.
    And finaly I believe, it isn't such hard.
    I even was able to create a demonstration slideshow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzR1WSRitc

Each slide is 100 frames, where started with zoom 75%, growing in the first 25 frames and stay 100% till end.
    Exporting as avs.

In the script, add after every "img = img.loop(Length)" the following lines:
    Code:
    alpha= BlankClip(length=img.FrameCount , width=img.width(), height=img.height(), fps=img.FrameRate(), color=$ffffff)
    alpha = alpha.FadeIn(25)
    img = img.mask(alpha)
    So the "only" thing left to do, is creating the alpha-video with the spline settings. I hope you'll have experience in knowing how to do it.
    If you don't know, maybe I could at least try to manage creating it by script, but than only linear- and not spline-lines.
    ---
    Other thing: okay, one frame more or less is not important, but nevertheless I like to say.
    1) when using "Overlay.avs", there is no duration necessary. Nevertheless it is set to 3 (=minimum)
    2) setting duration of animation to 99 and duration of transition to 3 give a result in 100 frames/slide, instead of expected 102
    ---
    My German is limited, but what happens if you click the checkbox and then 'Ja'? (To allow WMP to attempt to play the avs file and remember that choice)
    Sorry, I thought I was close to the sollution and no detailed translation would be needed.

The translation (googled - should be shown on an english windows) is this:
    "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.abs) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior. Do you want the Player to try to play this content?"

Of course I've tried it (saying yes) and unfortunately I've checked the box from the first time. So this box never shows again (for the screenshoot I used an other user-account) and I can't figure out, where this info is saved.
    Using "always try it" is the most worst situation, because the following:
    1) opening "slide settings" => simple no animation
    2) opening "Project settings" => showing "opening media", and do this again and again => every second the focus is lost, so if I push any pull-down button, the pull-down-menu is gone away very soon (faster than I can click any menuitem)
    3) being in main window (don't know exactly when this will start - probably after going into "Project settings" and left it), the same behavor as in 2, says: selecting anything, opening pull-down-menu - very fast selection, menu, ... is gone => not usable

In the meantime I've tested an other windows 7 computer (mostly clean installed, it's a simple test-pc, same windows media player than on my pc: 12.0.7601.17514)
    have installed only DVDslideshow and avisynth, I was wondering:
    1) the preview in slide settings is working
    2) but entering "project settings", same problems
    3) opening avs work neither with MPC, nor with WMP (but as told: it's only a simple test-pc, not even k-lite codepack or any other video-software installed)

Strange.
    At least I would like to get the message-dialog back for my main-user, so I could select "never try it again".
    Need help, don't know what to try more!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Berni314 View Post
    Code:
    alpha= BlankClip(length=img.FrameCount , width=img.width(), height=img.height(), fps=img.FrameRate(), color=$ffffff)
    This could be written more simply as
    Code:
    alpha= BlankClip(img, color=$ffffff)
    Quote Quote  
  20. If you want overlay and dissolve then download this transition: http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/Overlay_Dissolve.avs
    Add it to the Transitions folder and restart DSG to be able to use it. (The trick is that it is a traditional dissolve transition, but when Overlay_ is added to the file name, then the transition will be overlayed.)
    [EDIT: I realise that this is not fully tested, and this functionality is not really ready yet. Only the first transition work as expected. This is part of the very complicated exporter code...]

I don't have any computer with Windows 7, so I have now way of reproducing that error. What I don't understand is that you write the the player in Slide Settings(the transition preview) works okay, but the one in Project Settings does not - because there are both WMP running an Avisynth script. DSG is coded in wxBasic which is limited in functions, and therefore MPC can't be embedded instead.

I wonder if there are any other DSG users on Windows 7 who can enlighten us with the fact if this is a local problem or if this happens on all computers with Windows 7.

@Garvino
    True, amen.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 29th Mar 2012 at 12:12.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want overlay and dissolve ...
    Oh, this was only an EXAMPLE to demonstrate how alphachannel in animations could be realized.
    Of course this was a very simple one, which could be done with dissolve the same ... but also other effects are possible.

But now, it's your part to add the textboxes for setting the values to the key-points ...
    ... and bring them somehow into the avs-script.
    I don't have any computer with Windows 7, so I have now way of reproducing that error. What I don't understand is that you write the the player in Slide Settings(the transition preview) works okay, but the one in Project Settings does not
    Yes.

Also I don't understand, why animation is working in preview (on the other computer), but playing avs directly in WMP not.
    You can play avs also in WMP? Ohhh, I should test it also on the XP computer, I'm also using ... and I can do it on a virtual machine, now: yes, XP and WMP 9.00.00.4510 can play avs (also with the same message, but saying "yes" is working here)

I wonder if there are any other DSG users on Windows 7 who can enlighten us with the fact if this is a local problem or if this happens on all computers with Windows 7.
    Yes - any other Windows 7 user here???
    Anybody using Windows 7 + WMP 12.0.7601.17514?
    Quote Quote  
  22. But now, it's your part to add the textboxes for setting the values to the key-points ...
    ... and bring them somehow into the avs-script.
    Well, it's not a trivial thing to add to the wxBasic code, and there are several other things which needs my attention. Take a look in the DVD slideshow GUI/Source folder for a look into the messy wxbasic code...

Maybe Win 7 already have some other avs decoder installed(which is not decoding Avisynth scripts), just a guess...

[I've go the Overlay_Dissolve.avs to work now except for with both animation and negative transition duration. Overlay with negative transition duration is a PITA. Too tired now. Gotta get some sleep. ]
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it's not a trivial thing to add to the wxBasic code, and there are several other things which needs my attention. Take a look in the DVD slideshow GUI/Source folder for a look into the messy wxbasic code...
    Yes, I thought so.

Nevertheless, (as seen in my example slideshow) I have the knowledge and ability to create it "by hand" and fadein and fadeout seems the most important thing, which both is no problem for me.
    Maybe Win 7 already have some other avs decoder installed(which is not decoding Avisynth scripts), just a guess...
    I don't believe so.
    I belive much more, that Win 7 and WMP 12 is not at all able to play avs.

Nevertheless a LIIIIIIIIIIITLE success:
    bringing the box back is written in the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\P layer\Extensions\.avs
    (But using the "project settings" window still not realy possible.)

Good night.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I´m a beginner with DVD Slideshow Gui.

I have the following problem (Windows 7 64bit): when the Media Player Classic starts (for example doubleclick a inserted picture, to look the transitions ...) appears this error:

Code:
    No D3DX9 dll found. To enable stats, shaders and complex resizers,  please make sure to install the latest DirectX End-User Runtime
    What can I do?

By the way: the MPCH was installed from DVD Sliedshow, or?

Thx.
    Last edited by Drag0n; 2nd Apr 2012 at 04:02.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Googling that error gives a lot of results:
    http://www.google.dk/search?q=%22No+D3DX9+dll+found.%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org...ient=firefox-a

Sounds like you'l need to update your DirectX.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    i found this with googling, but it doesn´t solve my problem. this problem is only with DSG, respectively MHPC

I can´t find a installation folder from MPCH, where i can insert this file d3dx9.dll.
    Therefore my question: the MPCH was installed from DVD Sliedshow? Is there an installation folder? I copy this file in the DSG folder: inconclusive.

Besides I use WMP 12, wihout problems.

I don´t understand, that only I have this problem?

But ok, if it is not solvable, shame, I must look for alternative programs.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Drag0n View Post
    Therefore my question: the MPCH was installed from DVD Sliedshow? Is there an installation folder? I copy this file in the DSG folder: inconclusive.
    This is a DLL from DirectX and the correct place is in the windows-system directory.
    If you would like to do it manualy, you will become old till you are finished, because this is only ONE DLL and others will follow.

Simply install: DirectX V9 !!!

Look into the directory (if you used the default) "c:\windows\system32" and look for all files starting with "d3d".

Sounds like you'l need to update your DirectX.
    Or DOWNdate.

(No danger: there can be multiple versions installed, so - as told - look into your windows-system directory. There will be files D3DX9..., D3DX10..., D3DX11... - Do you like guess, what this 9, 10, 11 are meaning? )
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    thx for your reply.

ok, i will try so, .. install DX9, if it is not in the windows folder.

So i hope, like you said, there will be no problems with to many DX-Installations!

I´m not a friend of to much installations of codecs and so on.

I give information back later. I´m at present not at home.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Drag0n View Post
    I give information back later. I´m at present not at home.
    I'm currious to know the answer.

In the meantime, I guess the following:
    I managed to play avs with WMP12 on Windows 7 (as far - as good, ...), buuuuut it's Win7 32 bit.
    But on my computer at home, Win7 64 bit, WMP12 ...

So I'm happy that you also use 64bit and I'll be able to see, if my presumption is right or not.

(Nevertheless, the "project settings" dialog is also also NOT working with my tests on Win7 32bit.)
    Quote Quote  
  30. Had my brother test DSG on Windows 7 64bit + WMP12(12.0.7601.17514) and both Slide Settings and Project Settings worked after clicking "Yes" to the "Do you want to allow avs"-ish pop up.
    Quote Quote