Page 51 of 63
FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1873
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    Originally Posted by george84 View Post
    I zoom out of a view of a building. Zoom duration 20 seconds. In the end, when much of the building is almost completely visible, you get the visual impression that it zooms much faster than in the beginning. Why?
    Probably because the scale (or 'zoom factor') is changing linearly with time.
    To represent a constant motion of the camera (towards or away from the scene), the scale should change reciprocally, or to put it another way, 1/scale should change linearly.

@tin2tin

Would that be a challenge for you?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bug in IPTC subtitle (Sub Location)

Problem: When using IPTC data as subtitle I select "sub Location", but the Subtitle remains empty.
    Analysis: The DSG generated file Jheadinfo.txt has a line beginning with "Sub Location" but DSG program searches for "sub location".
    Solution: Modify DSG to search for (upper case) Sub Location.

Additional Remark: IPTC info "State" will never be displayed because it doesn't exist in Jheadinfo.txt. My proposal would be to replace State with City.

Additional Remark: The generated subtitles have always a leading space, would be nice to eliminate this.

Background:

I want to generate a subtitles file with captions and a subtitles file with city, maybe one with country. These 3 files I will mux into an mkv. On playback I will be able to select these subtitles.

I find very good, that DSG allows to select all pictures and then changing subtitle in "Slide Settings" will apply to all pictures.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bug in Export of subtitle ssa containing double apostroph

Problem: I have loaded subtitles from IPTC data. One text contains "Nilpferd". Doing a ssa export will not create a file.
    Analysis: When entering the text "Nilpferd" manually, then DSG will convert it to 'Nilpferd', and the export works.

Solution: Would be nice if " works. If this is not possible, then there should at least be displayed an error message.
    Quote Quote  
  4. While I've been away I see george84 have been buzy finding bugs

I'll not comment on everything now.

I do not think " is allowed in ssa subtitles - that must have been the reason why I made DSG change them. A quick google didn't bring up a list of what characters are ok for ssa subtitles.

My IDE changed the the way words are written capital/non-capital letters - even in strings - that's the reason some of them are wrong - thanks for finding them.

The animation code is allready far beyond my capabilities, so I'm rather reluctant to tinker with it again. I might break it. But if anyone comes up with a way to do that in code I'll add it to DSG.
    Quote Quote  
  5. A few more bugs fixed:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG_0946_Patch2.zip
    (Unzip into the DVD slideshow GUI folder and overwrite the old file)

Bugfix:
    - Ssa and srt export.
    - MemMax *3.9.
    - No leading space on import of Exif data.
    - Srt on/off button.
    - Capital letters on EXIF.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The import/animation bug is solved:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG_0946_Patch3.zip

I'm not too confident about the MemMax *3.9, because it seems to make the system unstable. In this patch I'm using MemMax *3.5, and that doesn't seem too stable either. I remember reading somewhere over at doom9, that if more than 50% of the mem would be used for Avisynth the system would become unstable.

Btw. using animations the mem will be used up much faster. The animation export quality setting also have a big influence on how much mem is used to render the slideshow.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm redesigning the 'Slide Settings' window, which adds a preview current slide button and allows more space for editing subtitles. What do you guys think about this interface?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideSettings.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	9788

If anyone feels up for testing it, the patch can be downloaded here:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG_0946_Patch4.zip

A new feature is that multiline subtitles pasted into the textcontrol will automatically be added '\N' for new line breaks. Some new 'Style Tags' have been added too.

I also rendered a new slideshow too(National Geographic Photo Contest 2011):

View it in 720p to read the captions proberly.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 26th Nov 2011 at 20:21.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DVD slideshow GUI 0.9.4.7 is out!
    New:
    - Slide Settings redesigned
    - Preview in Slide Settings
    - 9 new style tags
    - Paste multiline subtitle > add '\N' automatically
    - Remove tags button
    - SetMemMax *3.3.
    Bugfix:
    - Ssa and srt export
    - No leading space on Exif data
    - Import causing animation error
    - No border on transparent slides
    (Thanks george84 for hunting down those bugs!)

The new Slide Settings Menu, with a much improved subtitle interface, a preview and a remove tags button:

Name:	New Slidesettings.png
Views:	2492
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	9795

The new style tags(most of them are for SD resolutions):

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2256
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	9794

Get it at the homepage.

Have fun!
    Tin2tin
    Last edited by tin2tin; 27th Nov 2011 at 09:37.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Looks great man. Will try this immediately.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I hope you guys will find the new subtitle interface easier to work with. If you want to make you own tags you'll find the manual here: http://docs.aegisub.org/manual/ASS_Tags

And another tutorial here: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2...om%2Findex.php
    (google translation to english from italian)

If you come up with with some nice ones please share them here so others can benefit and I can add them to DSG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjFcbCS-hAc
    Last edited by tin2tin; 28th Nov 2011 at 00:28.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Two nice subtitle tags for slideshows in SD with a slide lenth of 4 sec(= 100 frames in PAL).
    Just copy & paste each of them into two subtitle lines:

{\frx90\t(0,500,0.5,\frx360)\t(3500,4000,1.5,\frx6 50)}Rotate X In & Out

{\fry90\t(0,500,0.5,\fry360)\t(3500,4000,1.5,\fry6 50)}Rotate Y In & Out
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Problem with UTF-8

Photoshop CS5 writes ITPC in UTF8 coding. This can give some problems when using this info as subtitles. I modified Jhead for a workaround so that Latin-1 characterset should still display correctly.

Just in case anybody had this problem too.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I don't know much about those things. What kind of problems does this cause and what is the solution? Is it a different command line or build needed for Jhead?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    UTF8 Problem, cntd.

The problem is for example that Zürich will be spelled differently.

The solution will be a new version of jhead (I already sent my solution to its developer) or maybe you should use exiv2 in the future. exiv2 is coming out in new versions quite often, while the jhead development is dead.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Let's give the Jhead dev a few days to resond on your request or have you build your own binary of it(in that case I could include that instead)? Alternatively changing DSG to use exiv2 wouldn't be too difficult - I just don't know how stable it is?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    I haven't been using DSG for very long and I'm a bit stuck on how to achieve the effect I'm after.

I have some wide photos of cars and I've split each one into 2 images - rear end and front end (720x576 PAL).

I want to 'pan' from the rear end (left hand image) to the front end.

I've been trying to use the Push_Left transition but I always get a black vertical bar between the images as they push to the left (see Virtualdub screenshot below). I really wanted there to be no visible 'join' as the image scrolled across the tv screen.

I've tried playing with negative transitions and changing some settings, but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Stef

Name:  carsplit.png
Views: 1299
Size:  47.8 KB
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    Let's give the Jhead dev a few days to resond on your request or have you build your own binary of it(in that case I could include that instead)? Alternatively changing DSG to use exiv2 wouldn't be too difficult - I just don't know how stable it is?
    jhead 2.93 is available and solves my problems. Incredible how fast you freeware developers work.

But I see some problems in future. Lets assume somebody wants to place chinese subtitles or hindi subtitles. SSA does support UTF-8, but what about DSG? Does your Basic support UTF-8? If yes (just an idea) it would be enough to have a switch (checkbox), which defines the subtitle coding as it is read from jhead.

It seems that Matroska encodes subtitles as UTF-8 and there are TVs which play these subtitles.

For the moment I see no need to change anything.
    Quote Quote  
  18. @ stefanj
    Take a look at this tutorial on how to use the animation tool(at the 7 min. mark):

And in the manual page 27:
    http://http://objavi.booki.cc/books/dvdslideshowgui-en-2011.12.03-17.41.10.pdf

@george84
    jhead 2.93 is available and solves my problems.
    Great, I'll include that one in the next release and hope you'll be around to help me out if someone needs subtitles in hindi.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks tin2tin for your quick reply and all the work and time you put in to developing DSG.

I must be missing something as I've seen that tutorial and cannot figure out if you use Push_Left as a transition and how negative duration transitions play a part.

Unfortunately, the link to your manual appears broken.

Stef
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry tin2tin, I've just tried your link again and removed the duplicated 'http//' and it works okay!

Stef
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jhead

Ok, I rolled back the whole change, though I left the version at 2.93.
    It was a half done thing anyay.
    If I handle conversion from UTF8 for IPTC, then I should handle it for other parts too.
    Sorry, I just received above reply from jhead developer. No problem for me, because I already changed jhead to suite my taste.

I think the whole problem needs more analysis.

I tend to use exiftool. It will need the following command line:

exiftool -charset cp1252 -1IPTC:All test.jpg > file

All you would have to do is change the names of IPTC fields.
    Last edited by george84; 3rd Dec 2011 at 17:40.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitles

Hi tin2tin

I really like the subtitles. I like that with select all, right mouse click, and then selecting some IPTC data I can change subtitles for all the slides in my slideshow.

I have a small wish.

I would like to make a 2 line subtitle with
    <IPTC Caption>\N
    <IPTC SubLocation>,<IPTC City>,<IPTC Country>

I could possibly have different styles for all the elements. I agree than I can do that by working every single slide. I think it would easy to change DSG so that I could get these results by working on a single slide.

There are 3 problems:

1. There is a bug with Add Style Tag
    If I select all slides (wich have already a caption), do right mous click, and then position cursor at end of subtitle and do Add Style Tag italics, then the line break is added at end of line in first slide, but at beginning of line in following slides. The style tag should always be added at beginning or end of line, depending on cursor position, at the time of add command.

2. There is no "Style Tag" comma
    If I had a comma Style Tag, then I could create above subtitle for all slides by working on a single slide. Other people might like to add always a dot at end, or just to add a give constant text at beginning or end of line.

3. Remove Tags doesn't remove line break
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitles in Hindi

I have some excellent news. I was able to create subtitles in Hindi. I used standard DSG (with jhead 2.90). What I did:

1. In Photoshop Adobe CS5 I filled in IPTC Captions. I filled in the Hindi text by doing a copy/paste from an indian web site. The copied text is not legible, there appear some small squares. Then I save the info.

2. In DSG I add given slide, Set Photo Data to IPTC Caption. This gives me also some text that is not legible.

3. I export mp4 and ssa.

4. I make a mkv from mp4 and ssa.

5. I playback in VLC and everything is correct. It displays Hindi

Consequence:

There is no need for a new jhead. DSG will not display exotic characters but the end result will be correct. I can live with this restriction.

By the way: My BluRay player handles correctly öäü... but doesn't display hindi.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Screenshot of Hindi subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Screenshot of Hindi subtitles in VLC
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2011-12-04-07h58m15s219.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	9933  

Quote Quote  
  26. New DVD slideshow GUI patch here(new Jhead included):
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG_0947A_patch.zip
    - with more style tags and an updated Jhead.
    - the "--- EXIF Data: ---" and "--- IPTC Data: ---" settings will add all data readable in that format from the image into the subtitle.

@stafanj
    In the Animation Tool you can zoom and pan over a wide image - no need to use transitions for that.

@george84
    Your needs are very speciffic. Do you know that .dsg files can be opened in Notepad and edited by hand?
    1. There is a bug with Add Style Tag
    If I select all slides (wich have already a caption), do right mous click, and then position cursor at end of subtitle and do Add Style Tag italics, then the line break is added at end of line in first slide, but at beginning of line in following slides. The style tag should always be added at beginning or end of line, depending on cursor position, at the time of add command.
    I've added this, however the jhead texts will always be added to the right of the Style Tags.

If I had a comma Style Tag, then I could create above subtitle for all slides by working on a single slide. Other people might like to add always a dot at end, or just to add a give constant text at beginning or end of line.
    That was the reason for the space infront of added EXIF data. Now the space will only be added if there allready is some text in the subtitle.

3. Remove Tags doesn't remove line break
    I don't consider line break a style tag. Line breaks are added for a purpose, where as style tags can be added for testing, and then removed to test other tags. Maybe I should remove \N from the styletags instead - now they are added automatically when return button is hit.

When I paste hindi characters into DSG they come out wrong(and also when importing those with jhead and export to ssa) - so it seems that wxBasic doesn't support those characters(at least on my computer w. western setting).
    Last edited by tin2tin; 4th Dec 2011 at 11:23.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @tin2tin

Thank you for your changes.

I've added this, however the jhead texts will always be added to the right of the Style Tags.
    I tested this and it works for me.

I will use the following workaround. Instead of a comma I add a certain style tag, for example italics. After export I will go to Wordpad and replace all these styles with a comma.

When I paste hindi characters into DSG they come out wrong
    Yes on my computer too. If I paste them I get question marks. But when imported from IPTC they just look wrong. DSG doesn't change the byte values it imported. If you look at the export with WordPad then it looks wrong, but if you look at it with LibreOffice, and specified UTF-8 when opening the file, then it looks right. So finally they look right in the video, as you could see in my screenshot.

So my advice if you want to change the subtitles to something exotic with an editor just use LibreOffice.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @tin2tin

Thank you for your changes.

I tested this and it works for me.

I will use the following workaround. Instead of a comma I add a certain style tag, for example italics. After export I will go to Wordpad and replace all these styles with a comma.

When I paste hindi characters into DSG they come out wrong
    Yes on my computer too. If I paste them I get question marks. But when imported from IPTC they just look wrong. DSG doesn't change the byte values it imported. If you look at the export with WordPad then it looks wrong, but if you look at it with LibreOffice, and specified UTF-8 when opening the file, then it looks right. So finally they look right in the video, as you could see in my screenshot.

So my advice if you want to change the subtitles to something exotic with an editor just use LibreOffice.
    Quote Quote  
  29. New patch with the option to add mp3 tags as subtitles(Slide Settings > No Data > Audio Data):
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG_0947_patch2.zip

Name:	audiotags.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	9942

NB - only works with mp3 files in the audio list control so far.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 5th Dec 2011 at 02:04.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Now the add audio data as subtitle function should be ready for some testing

Grab the patch here:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/DSG_0947_patch3.zip
    (All the included files must be added to the DVD slideshow GUI folder)

[Attachment 9964 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDsGUItemp.avs_snapshot_00.03_[2011.12.06_08.17.16].jpg
Views:	300
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	9963  

Last edited by tin2tin; 6th Dec 2011 at 02:32.
    Quote Quote