VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    I've ripped a movie with autogk with external subtitles. Now i see that there are two files: a .idx and .sub. The .sub file has a big filesize (6mb), and my stand-alone dvd-player doesn't accept the disc when i burn it.
    I've downloaded a .srt subtitle file from internet, but the subtitles aren't syncronised. Now i want to convert the sub file that i've ripped on my own, to a .srt but how do i have to do this?

regards,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Adopt, adapt and improve!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    use subrip.

subtitle workshop doesn't support the .sub/.idx image subtitle format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for the program, but it doesn't work. Everytime i try to open a .sub file, it says that the file is corrupt. But can i syncronise the subtitles on an easy way with this prog?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sonicboy
    Hi all,
    Now i want to convert the sub file that i've ripped on my own, to a .srt but how do i have to do this?
    Sonicboy,

What you have are VobSub files. I assume VobSub is part of the GK package (I don't use GK, so I'm not sure), so it should be on your computer.

You will need to look in the directory where VobSub is installed for an .exe file which I believe is called "Subresync." Double-click that to run the program, and you can use Subresync to convert your sub-idx files to srt format. I have just done this recently myself.

This is the only way I think this can be done.

-abs
    "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." --Glenn Gould
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In subrip select Open VOB, Open IFO and select the .idx. You can also use subresync as absinthecarolinas says.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    In subrip select Open VOB, Open IFO and select the .idx. You can also use subresync as absinthecarolinas says.
    Well, son of a gun. I never knew that would work.

-abs
    "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." --Glenn Gould
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ive syncronised the subtitles with the program subtitle workshop.
    Guess i'll rip the subtitles on the movie in the future, instead of using seperate files.
    But isn't there any option to make augoGK write the subtitles directly to the .srt file, instead of the .sub format?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think so. Remember that converting dvd subtitles to text subtitles requires manual identification of all characters(only once per character) cause they are images and not text.
    Quote Quote