VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualdubMOD doesn't work with all types of MKV and OGM video. But you can use:

MKVExtractGUI to extract video, audio and subtitle from MKV files.
    and
    OGMDemuxer tool to extract video, audio and subtitle. It is a command line tool but just drag and drop the .ogm file on the OGDemuxer.exe and it will separate all files automatically.

After that continue from the Multiplex/Join the video,audio in the guide above. But you must first convert the ogg audio to mp3, you can use for example dbpoweramp.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another nice guide, baldrick. Thanks!

LAME doesn't show up in my codec list in VDubMod, though I do have the codec. Would you happen to know how to register it with Windows without installing, or any other way to get VDubMod to see it?

-abs
    "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." --Glenn Gould
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must install the lame mp3 acm codec, right click on the LameACM.inf and select Install.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    You must install the lame mp3 acm codec, right click on the LameACM.inf and select Install.
    Got it! Thanks,

-abs
    "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." --Glenn Gould
    Quote Quote  
  5. hey baldrick, thats a very nice tutorial!

but, i just wanted to know... the subtitles that i saved from the .ogm file, how can i get them to be on me .avi file?
    when i tried to add it to the Stream List with the audio, it only saved the audio and not the subtitles.

any help would be great!
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Need help here........

When I go to save the mp3 it says

MPEG audio sync error: try disabling MPEG audio time correction

Is there any way to solve this?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ark: you can't include the switchable subs in the avi file, you can have separate avi and subs files. or you can add permanent subs by using the vobsub filter.
    Quote Quote  
  8. First of all tnx for making this tutorial. But at this moment it isnt really working for me. I installed all the tools i needed and oggvorbis. The anime is ogm. Videocodex is xvid (xvid mpeg-4,ffdshow mpeg-4 video decoder, xvid mpeg-4 video decoder) and audio: oggvorbis(no codex). When i do it with virtualdub everything is ok until i do save as: no avi.when i try with demux im not able to save to file because its used by something else(no idea what) and i also have no mp3files to select.heeeeelp
    Quote Quote  
  9. For my situation, I've succeeded in splitting the ogg files using OGMDemuxer, which contains the avi, 2 dubs and the srt. I use VirtualDubMod to get 1 of the dub and save into .mp3 and when I wanted to combine the .avi, .mp3 and the .srt file (tried on OGMDemuxer version and VirtualDubMod version). the .avi and .mp3 has no problem except the subtitles just does not show. I'm wondering what I had missed out and really need help in this. Thanks a lot and any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have a proglbem here...

1. Select the audio track you want to keep again
    2. Click Save WAV to convert it to mp3, ignore that it says WAV, save it as track2.mp3
    3. Select the subtitle track
    4. Click Demux to save it as video.srt/sub
    I get this error on #4 when I want to save the file as "video.srt/sub"

Pic:

What should I do to fix this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  11. i tried to download OGMdemuxer, but it doesnt work... along with the fact that i downloaded vobsub, which worked, but when i try to save the .avi file with the sub and sound, only the sound is saved.. help please.
    Quote Quote  
  12. it seems we all have the same probs.now all we need is someone who knows how this damn things works
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hey,

I've printed off your guide and am currently following it to the letter.
    I came to install Lame MP3 (in the manner described) and was confronted with the following message:

"The software you are installing for this hardware:

Sound, video and game controllers

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilise the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing."

Is this to be taken as a serious threat, or is it merely Microsoft attempting to restrict the movements of small companies who do not have the funds to pay for Microsoft's corporate blessing?

I noticed from your screen shot that you also use XP, and I assume you also came across this problem when installing Lame MP3. Do I continue or find another program to compress audio streams to MP3?
    Quote Quote  
  14. windows says pretty easely if it isnt 1 of there products m8.Just install it
    Quote Quote  
  15. i noticed that ogmdemuxer doesnt seems to work if the ogmfiles arent properly encoded.maybe thats youre prob shushi. Test it out with other ogmfiles from another anime(for example evangelion: thats the 1 i just converted 8)
    Quote Quote  
  16. youre probably right.. but i dont have other ogm files..

and when i try to install ogmdemuxer.. it says under show details:

output directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Skipped: ogg.dll
    Skipped: vorbis.dll
    Skipped: vorbisenc.dll
    Skipped: OggDS.dll
    Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OggDSuninst.exe
    Completed

so i dont think it actually installed if it skipped all of them..
    Quote Quote  
  17. i dont think oggvorbis is properly installed m8
    Quote Quote  
  18. i downloaded ogg vorbis... and now what do i do?! it still isnt working..
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hello!

Just wanted you to know that I love your guides! They are easy to understand (even for me here in germany).

thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  20. what if your trying to convert .VOB file to avi, and abstract the subs and such from it... I can't get this process to wrok because the subs don't show up in the process list.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I know this thread is quite some time old, but it needs to be mentioned that VirtualdubMod development has come to a halt since more than a year. As a result of this, it won't be able to handle most of the modern matroska files anymore, especially those with VFW ( Variable Framerate ), Realvideo, h.264 and vobsub subtitles.

The recommended tool to extract video/audio/subtitles streams from MKV files is therefore mkvextract from the mkvtoolnix package ( current version 1.4.0 ) from http://mkvmerge.matroska.org. While mkvmerge is an easy to use CLI tool ( command line ), there is an experimental GUI from a long-time supporter of the matroska project, more about it here : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73819&highlight=mkvextract
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi...
    Baldrick, i have a problem ...after i load my ogm file in vdobmode i cannot see the stream for subtitle...only the one for audio ....

But if i play the file with media player clasic i have subtitles....

Next to the ogm file i also have a idx file ...wich if is not next to ogm file i dont have anymore sub in clasic media player...

How come ...help pls...
    How can i get the demux the sub????
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow i have been lookin all over for a way to convert an ogm to avi and i at last have found it thanks a lot.. appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. how do u get the video.srt and the video.avi all in one?
    cause when im running video.avi WITHOUT the video.srt in the same folder, there are no subtitles . I need to convert files to .avi and have the subtitle in the avi it self because im trying to get it to dvd
    :D
    Quote Quote  
  25. ChristianHJW, i used mkv extract on my mkv file. How do i now join the avi and aac file together?
    Quote Quote  
  26. i have problem

the mkv file is 25 mins long
    i used mkvextractgui to extract the avi, aac, srt file. The avi file is only 19 mins long, but the aac files is 25 mins long how do i fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    VirtualdubMOD doesn't work with all types of MKV and OGM video. But you can use:

MKVExtractGUI to extract video, audio and subtitle from MKV files.
    Once again your tutorial and follow-up help me. In this case, VDubMod extracted an .srt subtitle file that Subtitle Workshop wouldn't open, saying it was invalid or broken. I finally found this thread and used MKVExtractGUI, then was able to open the .srt in Subtitle Workshop and convert it to the .txt format Ulead DVD Workshop requires, and now everything works fine. I have a DVD with selectable, in sync subtitles. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This worked great the first time... thanks!

However, the second time, I can't seem to extract either of the audio tracks. I get an ACM error at the start of each attempt. I tried a different OGM file, and it worked just fine. Any idea what is happening?

Steve
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What audio does the ogm that doesn't work use? Vorbis is not the only option. ogm also supports AC3, mp3 and aac.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You hit it on the money - it's audio is Lame MP3. Obviously can't be compressed can it
    Quote Quote