VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. i was recently messing with my windows movie maker... found out that ffd show was causing my wmm to crash and so i uninstalled it...then i said screw wmm and didnt want to use it anymore. And When i tried to use the Converter this happened...look at the picture below =p
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/LiLNai/problem.png
    how can i fix this problem? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Install Xvid.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,

First of let me say this guide was extremly helpfull to me.
    But now i have about 150 episodes to convert.. and doing that this way would simply take to much time.
    I tried OGMDemuxer but it saves in ogg files instead of my desired mp3 even the mode to save it to wav simply doesnt work, and it doesnt support the wildcard "*" like you can use in DOS, so id have to type all the file names of 150 files to convert them all..
    Plus id have to put all the mp3 in the avi's using Vdub which again would take to much time.

So my question is.. isnt there a simple way to extract only the video(AVI) and audio files (MP3)
    And prefferably a fast way to put the mp3 in the avi's again aswell ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NiTeCr4Lr
    Hey,

First of let me say this guide was extremly helpfull to me.
    But now i have about 150 episodes to convert.. and doing that this way would simply take to much time.
    I tried OGMDemuxer but it saves in ogg files instead of my desired mp3 even the mode to save it to wav simply doesnt work, and it doesnt support the wildcard "*" like you can use in DOS, so id have to type all the file names of 150 files to convert them all..
    Plus id have to put all the mp3 in the avi's using Vdub which again would take to much time.

So my question is.. isnt there a simple way to extract only the video(AVI) and audio files (MP3)
    And prefferably a fast way to put the mp3 in the avi's again aswell ?
    Try AllToAvi: http://alltoavi.sourceforge.net/
    It's based on memcoder and MKvtoolnik and works fine with OGMs and most MKVs (though it does have some problems with H264 MKVs).
    It's also much faster.
    Think ahead,chance favors the prepared mind.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey nice ferryman, Though.. i need to set a codec while i dont want to since with virtualdubmod i can just use the compression allready used.. and compressing it again would be a bit strange eh? waste of quality to compress a compressed vid again, virtualdubmod just puts out the avi with the compression allready used in the ogm simply put.
    and a lot of the program's option descriptions are blacked out hence i cant see what im doing here :S, but a very close try though

Check the link for a screenshot of the program:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9994/weirdkf7.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NiTeCr4Lr
    and a lot of the program's option descriptions are blacked out hence i cant see what im doing here :S, but a very close try though
    I have the same issue and using that tool, I can get the audio, or the video, but not both in the same file and with the blacked out parts, I can see what I'm choosing.

Edit: I went to the site and found a screencap of a working program. If nothing else, you can see what you would be choosing now.

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ...?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Matroska .MKV file and .OGM are new container formats similiar to .AVI. They can contain DivX, Xvid video, OGG audio, several audio tracks, switchable subtitles. But if you want it to play it on a standalone dvd player with divx/xvid support you must convert it to AVI with MP3 audio and text subtitles(if any). No reencoding of the video is required, the audio will be reencoded to mp3.
    ----clip-----clip-----clip-----clip-----clip-----clip---------------------------------------------------------
    Hello.Thanks for your tutorial.I got my
    Matroska file successfully recoded to
    avi-file and can see it on my computer screen.
    However when I play it on my standalone DVD-player
    to watch it on TV the picture starts to scramble.
    It fills with these rectangular boxes.Sound is ok
    and text too but the picture gets screwed.

Matroska file had AAC-audio and I made it lame-mp3.

I used MKVEGUI to extract those files from the .mkv
    and then dBPowerAMP 11.5 for the AAC to mp3 -conversion.
    Then VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2.b2542 to rebuild the
    package again.

I really would like to see my movies on my TV-screen
    too so plz help me here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try reconvert it using avi recomp. It will make it more divx dvd player compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Try reconvert it using avi recomp. It will make it more divx dvd player compliant.
    Unbeliavable! Your my man definitely!
    Worked like a charm.Thank you thank you thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Recently I lost all my codecs and when I try and reinstall them all again my virtualdub wont import my OGM files it says that it cant read the decompressor or something and I need a Directshow Codec but when I try and download what I need nothing seems to work..think you can give a girl a hand please....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have .avi files with .xvid video and .ogg audio
    I used the given tutorial to convert my files to .avi (with .xvid video and .mp3 audio)
    I have lots of these files.

1. Is it necessary for me to save separate audio, video files, and then recombine.
    Is it possible in virtualdubmod to directly use SAVE AS to do 'direct copy' on video, and 'full processing (ogg to mp3 conversion) on audio, from the input .avi file, and save the output directly to a new .avi file (with both audio and video)?

2. Apart from 'job handler', is it easy to write a generic script for virtualdubmod to accomplish my task?

thanks,
    Ftp
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the guide!
    i just have a small problem
    i start with something that is 250 megabytes, and when i save the AVI file, it ends up being something that is 30 gigs!
    What should i do?
    thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    scienceboy: select video->direct stream copy in virtualdubmod.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you!
    that worked!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i have a mkv with a rmvb two ogg and one srt, i can extract the ogg and srt but when i want extract the rmvb mkvextract tell me that
    L:\programas\mkv>mkvextract tracks dai01.mkv 1:video.rmvb
    Warning: Extraction of video tracks with a CodecId other than V_MS/VFW/FOURCC is
    not supported at the moment. Skipping track 1.
    Nothing to do. Exiting.

what i can do? :S
    thx
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    kaitokun,

Re-encoding may be your only option. Open the clip in Virtualdubmod or Tmpgenc or any other encoder for which the following work around fits: https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=284288&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Set your encoding paramaters and re-encode the video. There may be a way to extract the .rmvb without re-encoding, but I have no clue.
    Quote Quote  
  18. the mkvextractgui on your post is good keep it

because it downloads mkvextract 1.5

the 1.6 doesnt work it keeps looking for its .exe

your guides are easy to understand

Thank you

LM

P.S Anyone has a good free avi splitter tool?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed some people had the same problem as me, the vobsub can't open the video.srt file.
    I didn't notice any reply to that problem, but I figured it out myself.
    When you demux the text stream you have to change to ascii format.
    The vobsub mux program apparently can't open utf8 text format.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im having a different problem. when i use mkv extractgui. it work fine all the other time except for these other files.
    when i extract the audio file and video files the program said that it was successful. when i check it the audio and video file was there at the usually sizes but i cant open the video file enen though the audio one works fine?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    small question. when I extracted the LAME AC3 file I can't find the .inf file thus I can't install it. Plz help.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would really appreciate some help with a problem I have. I'm trying to demux some audio commentary files from a mkv video file, but can't seem to do it. I tried using VirtualDubMod and after reading this thread I also tried MKVExtract (I used the command line version to see what is going on because the GUI does not provide any information). It seems the audio is encoded as AAC, but MKVExtract doesn't recognize it and therefore will not extract it. Any tips?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crow32
    small question. when I extracted the LAME AC3 file I can't find the .inf file thus I can't install it. Plz help.
    Download LAME ACM MP3 Codec 3.98 beta 6 here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/LAME_ACM_Codec.htm
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right, my first post here. I've been following this guide for the most part and some other guides and they've been extremely usefull so far, but now I'm stuck and clueless on how to continue.

I was trying to convert a MKV to AVI, to play it on a standalone. However, early in the guide it went wrong.
    VirtualDubMod wouldn't open the file, something about a TEXT error, so I used thed MKVExtractGUI.

This resulted in a .h264 file and a .AAC audio track.

I used Free MP3 Wma Audio Converter to code the AAC track to Lame MP3.
    Then I used AVC2AVI to convert the .H264 file to AVI, but thats where things go wrong.

The AVI I end up with is 7 seconds shorter than the original file, causing the audio to slowly drift out of synch as the movie goes along.

How do I make the Audio and Video track match up again?

Also, I'm getting the idea that there has to be an easier way to do this, cause its really a lot of long work, especially for a rookie like me.
    Quote Quote  
  25. @Raziel 665

My understading is that AVC2AVI doesn't re-encode the .h264 video stream (and thus you are left with h.264 in AVI container)

99.999% of standalone players will not play AVC - before you continue, you should check to see if it does, or if it supports DIVX/XVID. You might have to re-encode the video stream. While you are at it, check to see if your standalone supports AAC audio, because you might have to re-encode that too
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @poisondeathray

The Standalone players I want to play it on are the PS3 and/or Xbox360.
    I looked up if they could play it, and from what I could see, they should. But to be sure, I though I'd try to see if the induvidiual stream I had could be played on either of them.

I wasn't able to play the raw .h264 file that I converted to Avi using AVC2AVIgui on either of the machines.
    I wasn't able to play the .AAC file either.
    However, I was able to play the .AAC file that I converted to MP3. So the Audio re-encodeing isn't a problem.

So I guess, after I find out how to produce a valid playable file of the raw .h264 file, I'll have to convert it to something else again, before joining the Audio and Video stream, if I want to ever play it on either machine?

(I must say, this is proving to take much more time than I imagined when I first started, but I really want to learn how to do it right now.)
    Quote Quote  
  27. You might want to check these out:

gotsent
    mkv2vob
    tversity

There has been a few threads covering this recently, and many problems stem from the Xbox360 or PS3's not recognizing the output file, they seem to be very picky

Make sure you comply with supported specifications http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/digitalmedia/videoplaybackfaq.htm

Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, those programs seem like just what I need. I have the entire day off tomorrow so I'll start trying those programs first thing in the morning.

As for Tversity... I've been using Nero Media Home to stream content to my console's before they got their DivX updates, but TVersity seems to support a great deal more media fomats than Nero did, so I'll be sure to replace that aswell.

Thank you very much Poisondeathray, you've been a great help.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I used MKV Wizard to extract three files from an mkv file: aac, ass and h264. How can I combine these into an avi or mpg?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  30. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    marknyc5: Use instead alltoavi. avi with h264 with aac doesn't go well together.
    Quote Quote