FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    I just use
    Code:
    DirectShowSource("D:\stuff.mkv")
    save the statement as stuff.avs)and open it with virtualdub or cinema craft encoder or whatever program you want
    Can you explain your reply? I don't know what DirectShowSource is or how to use it, and it doesn't seem to be documented in the mkvtoolnix notes. I'm on OS X, and it looks like DirectShowSource is a Windows command/program? I can extract the files from the .mkv just fine using mkvextract; I just need to know what extensions to give them so that they can be read & packaged into another format, or is there a optional command to have the extensions given automatically?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is the loading statement for an avisynth script. Avisynth is a powerful script driven frameserver that is available in the windows environment, although I believe it can be made to function using Wine or similar.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did convert MKV 2 Xvid which would be able to play in my divx player with just using MeGUI.
    Its fantastic stuff
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I run mkvextract_gui, it gives me this
    "The extraction of video tracks is only supported for RealVideo (CodecID: V_REAL/RVxx) and AVI compatibility tracks (CodecID: V_MS/VFW/FOURCC). The track 1 will be skipped.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi all

I have been away from the hardcore conversions some years now. I'm an oldie from the heydays when you did SVCD's and VCD's from DVD's to play on your standalone player. Because you couldn't afford a DVD burner
    I have lately seen this Matroska (MKV) container and I don't like it
    I will be able to use my standalone DVD/DIVX player for my scattered downloaded stuff.

I started with this thread and have come to the conclution that I only need two tools.
    MKVextractGUI with MKVtoolnix and AVIMux_GUI to be able to convert my mkv files so that they will be playable on my standalone player. The avi file inside the MKV container was allready a Four CC Xvid and the audio is 192kb AC3 which AVIMux apparently takes care of.
    Maybe I get into trouble with some other MKV files but so far I have good and fast results with just these two GUI softwares. No sync problems with audio.
    Your milage may vary but this was my 2cents.
    Cheers // Radioman
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im having a problem when i extract the subtitles video and audio all i get is a .ass file instead of 3 icons can u help me?
    Quote Quote  
  7. 26th Jan 2010 21:10

Search Comp PM
    removed due to old thread.
    Last edited by JeetDivX; 17th Mar 2010 at 16:46. Reason: compliance with moderator
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't dig up old threads. One more and bye bye.
    Quote Quote