VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys I have a Mpeg VCD file that I am trying to convert to DVD yet Tmpg says that it does not support I have already changed the Direct show settings with no luck any suggestions guys
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a vcd mpeg file that you are trying to put on a DVD then don't bother trying to convert it, you will only make it look worse. VCD video is fully dvd compliant, just drop it into TMPGEnc DVD Author and author and burn it that way. TDA will resample the audio to 48 KHz to make it compliant. One step, no conversion...simple.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah thanks for the reply yet I have done that and that DVD works on my stand alone DVD player yet my girlfiends DVD player wont play SVCD's so I was gonna try to convert it in Tmpg. Is this possible or is there any other steps that I could take once again thanks i've been searching the forums with no luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you converting a VCD or an SVCD? Makes a difference as one is mpeg1, the other mpeg2.

Usually with an mpeg2 I will frameserve to TMPGEnc, either with Virtualdub-mpeg2 or DVD2Avi.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well AVI Codec Says that its a VCD Mpeg 1 so is there something that I need to do in Virtual Dub and thanks again for your reply
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have an mpeg1 as indicated then it is a VCD, and the video is DVD compliant as I indicated in my first post. Drop it into TMPGEnc DVD Author and burn. All DVD players will play it, it is completely and fully DVD compliant.

You might want to check out the "what is DVD" section over there <-<-< which explains all the DVD resolutions.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Zippy when I drop it straight to Tmpg DVD Author it says
    The video resolution of 480X586 cannot be used for a standard DVD
    Use one of the standardf DVD resolutions
    Yet im not sure how to do this
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    480x576 is a PAL SVCD resolution. For SVCD you can use SVCD2DVD which will put it on a DVD and keep the non-compliant resolution, it's fast and it works for some players. To be full compliant for all players then you must re-encode with something like TMPGEnc. Lots of guides right here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks Zip but yet again Tmpg says that it does not support the particular file when I attempt to load it to re-encode
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgreen300
    Tmpg says that it does not support the particular file when I attempt to load it to re-encode
    To re-encode an mpeg2 with TMPGEnc you need to frameserve the video using something like DVD2Avi. It creates an intermediate D2V file that TMPGEnc will open, here's a guide.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks alot Zippy I can now load the file in Tmpg yet when when I author and burn a disc it still will not play on her dvd player im not sure what it could be do i need to convert the audio or something to that nature
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hey Zip actually i was working off the file that i had used from svcd2dvd so thats probably why it was incompatible so I extracted again fom the bin and coded in tmpg and it palys just no audio now any help is greatly appreciated and Zip i'll be checking the guides and forums as well thanks a lot buddy
    Quote Quote  
  13. Does the disc play on your pc with sound before you try it on your girls?
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote