VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by supergoku
    What is the best codec for video compression to avi(fast and good quality)? alparysoft? huffyuv? xvid? or other? any suggestion? Thanks
    I use Xvid in single pass Quantizer mode, Q=2 or 3.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oooooooh, it's fixed!

I can't wait to try it out.

--edit--

Yes indeed, it seems to work great now. Thanks Wilbert!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there a way to do this with Realvideo that is 24 fps? i am converting it to avi to play in the philips.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hddvd2
    is there a way to do this with Realvideo that is 24 fps? i am converting it to avi to play in the philips.
    Just set the fps= argument to 24, or more likely 23.976. I made separate templates for 23.976 and 29.97.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by gastorgrab
    It seems to work now. Updated (with help) - 10oct05
    I was just screwing around the other day with Gabest RealMedia Source / Splitter filter when i realized an easy way to open RealMedia files in VirtualDubMod.

I have (1)AviSynth 2.56 installed as well as the RealMedia Splitter filter that came with RealAlternative.

(1)edit - see below (Wilbert)

I made the template;

-----------------------
    #ASYNTHER RealMedia 30fps
    [DirectShowSource("%f",30)]
    -----------------------

and saved as "RealMedia_30fps.avst" and placed it in the VDubMod / Template folder. (as an experiment)

Works like a charm, provided you get the framerate right!

Whats needed:

1. AviSynth 2.56
    2. RealAlternative or the combination of RealPlayer and Gabest RealMedia Splitter
    3. VirtualDubMod
    4. AviCodec, or any application that can view the video properties of a *.RAM file
    5. Notepad
    Install AviSynth, and unpack VirtualDubMod to the directory of your choice.

Install RealAlternative, or if you have RealPlayer you'll need the RealMedia Source/Splitter DShow filter by Gabest (of Media Player Classic fame). The filter is available from SourceForge.net, without an installer, but InMatrix has an installer version of the same filter.

To my knowledge, there is only one file for both Win98-Me (non-Unicode), and Win2k-XP (Unicode), but InMatrix has two different installers????

This conversion relies on a built in function of VirtualDubMod, AviSynther. It's basically an AviSynth script generator, and works by using simple templates that make use of very basic AviSynth functions.

Inside the VirtualDubMod directory is a folder named "templates".

You can open them with notepad to view the contents;

(1)To create a new template simply open NotePad and past the text (without the dashes);
    --------------
    #ASYNTHER DirectShow_NTSC
    [DirectShowSource("%f", fps=29.97, convertfps=true)]
    --------------
    or
    --------------
    #ASYNTHER DirectShow_FILM
    [DirectShowSource("%f", fps=23.976, convertfps=true)]
    --------------
    or
    --------------
    #ASYNTHER DirectShow_PAL
    [DirectShowSource("%f", fps=25, convertfps=true)]
    --------------

and save to the VirtualDubMod / template directory (Assuming your source is NTSC. To be sure, use an application like AviCodec that determine the video properties) and give it a file extension of *.AVST.

I chose "DirectShow_NTSC.avst" so i could accomidate more than one framrate ("DirectShow_FILM.avst", or "DirectShow_PAL.avst").

(1)edit - see below (Wilbert)
    i don't get that part
    can i use this method to add the subs to the videos file at the same time too?[/quote]
    Quote Quote  
  6. can i use this method to add the subs to the videos file at the same time too?
    Yes, use the AVISynth template to open the file in VirtualDubMod. Use the regular sub filters to add the subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  7. junkmalle: yes, i did as what you you said(i converted a *.rmvb file into an *.avi file) but the file turns out to be really big that my harddisk can not handle, do you know why?
    Quote Quote  
  8. You probably saved as an uncompressed RGB AVI. Use Video -> Compresssion... to select a codec (Xvid?) and bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by junkmalle
    You probably saved as an uncompressed RGB AVI. Use Video -> Compresssion... to select a codec (Xvid?) and bitrate.
    oh , thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can anyone help me with this? everytime i try to make this rmvb to avi it ran out of space
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by annabutt
    can anyone help me with this? everytime i try to make this rmvb to avi it ran out of space
    It sounds like you didn't choose a video codec to compress your output video. (or you have a really small hard drive)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Some links for you guys!
    SPAM

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned for spamming.
    / Moderator mats.hogberg
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is the RealMedia Splitter supposed to work with video and audio, or just audio?
    Quote Quote  
  14. All of the above. Audio/Video, just Audio, or just Video.

RealMedia Splitter is a Directshow filter that allows your PC to play RealMedia (a source filter) AND to split a RealMedia package into two streams (Audio/Video) for playback.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, i tried out ur virtualdubmod guide and it worked out fine, except that it alwis hangs when i try to open a avs file.
    but i had this audio synth problem, i tried ur method and it cant work so i tried reinstalling all my codecs and programs, but now when i try to open a avs file, this error pops up:

Avisynth open failure:
    Script error: there is no function named "directshowsource"
    (C:\abc.avs, line 1)

this is wad i put in my avs file
    DirectShowSource("17.rmvb", fps=23.976, convertfps=true)

any idea whats causing the error??

to add on, i can open my avs file using the AuxSetup.exe, and click open virtualdubmod
    but when im into the steam list, i cant see any formats of the bitrats for MP3 lame and MPEG3

help~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quote Quote