VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there something similar to the ID3-Tag on MP3 files that can be changed on video files (avi files)? It seems like a simple question to answer but I can't seem to find one. Right clicking the file and clicking properties isn't doing much and I'd like to be able to edit the tag info.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Rather than make a new post, thought I'd just bump this one as i'm looking for same answer...
    Have trawled the usual places but cant seem to find a simple app that will let you edit those said ID's

... anyone ?

Cheers
    r-i-p
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried abcAVI Tag Editor?

http://abcavi.tk/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Back when I used CDex for labeling Mp3 files it would connect to some sort of CDDB site and get all the tag information automaticly. How can I do this same sort of thing with video files, getting information such as the year it was made, star actor etc....

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very interested to find out if there have been any recent advancements in this regard? This topic would be a great feature for indexing avi files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Me as well. I recently was able to get my computer to work as a media server for my PS3 and the video files, while name properly, are showing up as different on the PS3 as the properties which are often blank or Unknown.

On the computer I manage the files for the PS3 with the Windows Media Player but that only lets you change one thing.
    Quote Quote