VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using MainConcept to convert a video. But after I do, on panning scenes, you see alot of blurry/shaky video when the camera moves. Is this because of my bitrate? I set it to Max: 9,000kbps Min: 0 kbps Avg: 8,000 kbps.

I am editing in Sony Vegas 4, Frameserving using PluginPac's Vegas Frameserver, Encoding in MainConcept.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using CBR? If so, try switching to a 2-pass VBR. This has much better motion-search estimation (me thinks that's what it be called, arrr), as it reads thru the whole file first, comparing the differences between frames, and plans out how best to encode. CBR doesn't do this, it just goes from frame to frame, with no comparison.
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1 pass VBR. d'oh! lol, i'll try that. and i think it is called motion search...if its when theres movement and the parts which are different than other parts (white tee shirt with a green grass background) gets blinking all green & white (going from shirt to grass) around the area of the shirt.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here's an image of the phenomenon. the frame is a t-shirt sleeve from a guy walking right in front of the camcorder. why everyone with a white tshirt? ...family reunion...

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/simplystuff/wtf.jpg
    ^copy and paste into URL bar...angelfire doesn't let members direct file link.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are converting a capture, then your problem may be with frame order (A or B first). Try changing it.
    Quote Quote