VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi I just authored my mpeg2 file to dvd and it created a folder. So i went and tried to burn using nero 6 and whenever it starts burning, the message comes up: DVD-Video files reallocation failed.
    it also said if i continue , the dvd wont be playable on dvd player. Any suggestions on how 2 fix this problem. The bunrer is Nec ND-2500a running win xp.

btw i authored the file to mpeg2 dvd using winavi in about 50 minutes. Is that short? Earlier i tried tmgenc and it was going to take 10 hours. So i tried winavi and it took under an hour. I was thinking since it did the job so quickly, maybe there were errors?
    Quote Quote  
  2. might want to try to create new ifo and bup files with ifoedit or you could run them though a transcoder that will make you new ifo and bup files and its faster than ifoedit. if you have a rw dvd burn it anyways because it might play just fine.
    How Big A Boy Are Ya?
    Quote Quote  
  3. can you explain how to run it through transcorder to create new files, its pretty confusing because it has many options. you mean run the already authored dvd folder through the transcorder ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. the files i have in my dvd folder are
    Video_TS
    VTS_01_0
    VTS_01_1
    VTS_01_2
    VTS_01_3
    VTS_01_4
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.BUP

are these the files i need or am i misssing something
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ironically I just got this message a few days ago when backing up one of my DVDs (in this case, one that came out of DVD Shrink 3.1.7). I am using Nero 6.3.1.15.

Nero gave me the same 'cannot reallocate files' error blah blah, but the files played fine in PowerDVD.

I ignored the error and burned anyway, testing it on a -RW disc. The disc played perfectly in both the PC and my set-top DVD player.

I'm not sure what this error really means. Anyone else have more info on this?

-W
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just ignore the error.
    from my experiences, it has no effect on the final result.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is there any way to test the files before i burn them on dvd. I wanted to open them individually with my media player but they dont seem to open. Or aree they only viewable when they are on a single dvd disk.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Spetznaz24
    the files i have in my dvd folder are
    Video_TS
    VTS_01_0
    VTS_01_1
    VTS_01_2
    VTS_01_3
    VTS_01_4
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.BUP

are these the files i need or am i misssing something
    Did you omit the extentions on these files for a reason?
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  9. Video_TS == IFO File
    VTS_01_0 == IFO File
    VTS_01_1 == MPEG File
    VTS_01_2 == MPEG File
    VTS_01_3 == MPEG File
    VTS_01_4 == MPEG File
    VIDEO_TS.BUP == BUP File
    VTS_01_0.BUP == BUP File
    Quote Quote  
  10. are these the files that are required?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are there no .VOB extensions?
    I think your authoring software does not work correctly.
    It should look like this.

This from a DVD a I made with just one track/clip on it.

Directory of Y:\VIDEO_TS

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB

10 File(s) 4.649.959.424 bytes
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He probably has Windows set to hide extensions of known file types. Just about the biggest UI mistake Microsoft have ever made, in my opinion, it confuses so many people...

I have a related question. I'm getting the same error message from Nero, and in the information it's saying "Required file VTS_01_0.VOB is not present". It's right: I don't have a VTS_01_0.VOB, I only have .IFO and .BUP with that name. I have VIDEO_TS.{all 3} and VTS_01_{1,2,3,4}.VOB.

The directory plays OK in PowerDVD. Do you think it knows what its talking about, or has my authoring software (DVDStyer + dvdauthor) screwed something up?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm. I notice yours doesn't have a *_0.VOB, either. I'll just burn it and see what happens. The disks were only 30p each, anyway! :)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Spetznaz24
    So i went and tried to burn using nero 6 and whenever it starts burning, the message comes up: DVD-Video files reallocation failed.
    Use ImgTool to burn.
    It will correctly re-allocate the files.
    http://www.coujo.de/

Greetings,
    Baf
    - Snake Lover! -
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The disk worked fine having burned it with Nero (tried it in two difference standalone players, perfect results in both). I think it's just complaining for no reason, to be honest!
    Quote Quote  
  16. A good way to see if your DVD is athored correctly is to run it trough dvd shrink and see if the first check gets trough!

If it doesn't, there is something wrong with the DVD, many times it works great anyway on most players, but i would sugest reauthoring anyway! if you dont have a menu, you do this very easily in ifo edit by moving all your vob-files to a seperate folder! open ifoedit att choose create ifo files!

many other errors may be fixed by doing the things suggested in this thread
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74712&highlight=ifoupdate

the only problem that nero complains about that cant be fixed (that i know of) is if any of your ~0.vob files are 0kb and they still are nessesary for the DVD structure.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys

D/l image files from newsgroups and images burn fine using DVDDecrypter.

They will not play on any dvd player and will only play on DVD Writer they were burnt on.

I have opened using DVDDecrypter and tried to re-burn to a disc, says "DVD-Video Files Reallocation failed".

Tried using "IMPTool" says cannot repair IFO help. Wife is driving me mad to watch this bleeding TV serial and cannot.

Colin
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have got this error when I tried to author a DVD with a source demuxed from existing DVD (I wanted to remove excessive sound tracks).

I have got the subj error when burning the DVD (Nero). DVDshrink says navigation is wrong. I have burned it anyway on DVD-RW, an it plays well on my player. However, I wanted to please Nero and DVDshrink

Usually I do not use frame-index option in DVD-lab, because generic user does not need frame-precise navigation, but in the described case I found that using frame index when authoring in DVD-lab removes the problem.
    Quote Quote