VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Help!! Amateur needs help!

I'm trying to convert DVD back to MPEG/AVI to put foreign language subtitles and burn it back to DVD. I'm very amateur and have little ideas.

I currently have Vegas and also installed Womble Video Wizard. I want to keep the original quality without drop in its video quality.

Should I use DVD decrypter to convert to MPEG and bring the files in Womble and do the edit and burn it on DVD??

Doesn't quality drop when I decrypt and do the editing in Womble VIdeo Wizard?? How do I achieve above without drop in the video quality?

If I convert to AVI and edit in Vegas, would video quality drop further?

Honestly, I don't even know what's IFO, VOB, etc..

Please help!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I tried using TmpgenDVD Author to re-author DVD images that were created by DivxtoDVD (TV shows). DivxtoDVD creates no menus and has chapter breaks every 10 minutes or so in the video.

Problem is when I select Add DVD Video just get an error message popping up with random characters in the message text. I think DivxtoDVD must be creating some strange format DVD video that DVD Author cannot handle.

Also tried to import the vob files into MPEG Wizard. That works okay and I can import two vobs that make up one video and join them and preview them but when I try export it says the video is empty

Have had some success using MPEG2VCR to open the vob file up and append the smaller second part of the vob file and then outputting a MPEG2 files

Larry
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM

Search for Batchdemux , its free and demux's both mpegs and vobs too elementary streams
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I have a dvd with subtitles but no menu and no chapters. I want to make a simple menu, and some chapters. This guide says nothing about subtitles. AFAIK TmpG DVD Author throws away the subs.

/jim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ulead DVD Workshop 2 is the DVD authoring program I use for subtitle support.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey there,

you also might find a very nice little tool helpful, called "VOB2MPEG", find it on this forum, this thread:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=252033

Does exactly what it states, thanks to ChrissyBoy!
    8)
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have used DVDDecrypter, when the file is created, i try to edit it in TMPGEnc Mpeg Editor, i also tried to put it in TMPGEnc 3.0 XPRESS but both times the output file has no sound. so im really confused? any suggestions, email me..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you trying to input the VOBs into these programs, or MPEGs ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Are you trying to input the VOBs into these programs, or MPEGs ?
    This is what the generated text file reads:
    0x80 - Audio - AC3 / 2ch / 48kHz / DRC / LBA: 118 / PTS: 00:00:00.224 / Delay: -66ms
    0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 / 704x480 (NTSC) / 4:3 / LBA: 1 / PTS: 00:00:00.291 / Delay: 0ms
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OK ... I'd say that TMPGEnc isn't outputting AC3 since you need the optional AC3 plugin to decode/encode AC3 with it.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well, I read several reviews on the LG GSA-5163D so I bought one at Sam's
    for $100 and have it hooked up on my computer via firewire (decided to go
    external rather than internal).

I put in a DVD-RAM disc from my stand-alone Panasonic DMR-E80H and when I
    click on the DVD_RTAV folder on the disc it tells me DVD_RTAV is not
    accessible...access is denied. I want to get the files from the DVD-RAM
    disc and convert to .MPG and edit.

Do I have a defective drive or is there something like "finalize" that I
    need to do to the DVD-RAM disc?

I put in a DVD-RW disc that I had copied on my computer and it plays.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I just use VideoRedo to edit an mpeg from the VOB created by the DVD Recorder and then import the mpeg files into DVD Movie Factory. Neither program will re-encode the mpg file that was created by the DVD Recorder. So It is a quick and payless process.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Originally Posted by ronhale
    The audio is Liner PCM 48000 2ch.

Ron
    Then you can not make a mpg, you must demultiplex to a mpv and wav file. Because mpg do not suppport multiplexed mpeg video and wav/pcm audio.
    my audio is PCM as well. What program can I use to do this? Does both the video and audio have to be .wav or just the audio part? DVDDecrypter decrypted my video as .m2v and the audio is VTS_01_1 - 0xA0 - Audio - LPCM - 2ch - 48kHz - 16bit - DELAY 0ms. What does DELAY mean? Also how do I merge both the audio and video to make an .mpg. Very confused here
    Quote Quote  
  14. I've been transferring videos to DVD for sometime now and have had varied results.

I've got a MiniDV camera with DV (firewire) output.

Until recently, I've transferred from the tapes to the PC at DV quality (creating AVI files). I then use Roxio DVD creator to make MPG's and DVD's with titles, effects, edits,etc.

I recently bought a DVR with a DV input and went directly from the MiniDV tape to the DVD (creating .VOB files). The quality difference was remarkable.

I'm considering foregoing the titles and edits to retain the video quality (and live with the DVR's basic titling).

I tried converting the VOB files to MPeg (with DVD2MPG), but the resulting MPeg file looked no better than the MPeg created by going from tape to PC.

Is this a function of my software? my PC? my firewire card? the cost of encoding via PC?

I'm trying to figure our how to get my remaining tapes to DVD. I prefer nice menus and titles, but want the best quality video possible.

Any input you can provide is much appreciated.
    Bitsurfer
    Quote Quote  
  15. How do I combine all the clips in the video_ts folder using tmpgenc dvd author when re-authoring to mpeg-2?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Add all the titles to the same track.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I am making a dvd with Sony dvd architect 4
    Is there a way to somehow use .dts files in dvd architect?
    And maybe you know what to do with the problem about mv2 or mpeg files larger then 4070 mb for use in dvd architect(In Sony dvd architect 3 this was no problem!?)

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK So apologies up front this is my first ever post so If i am in the wrong place or this question has been asked before SORRY:

I'm trying to convert Music DVDs into *.avi s so that I can ceate Video music playlists in WMP11. using DVD Decryptor and AVS Media I suceeded however I am coming across levellig problems due to the record levels on the original DVD. I was hoping using this guide, creating AC3 files I could use Cool Edit pro to adjust the levels of the audio to a consistent level and group the files back together then split as above. however for some reason when I open the AC3 file in Cool Edit pro all i get is static (ie hiss). this forum is my last resort - can any one either
    A) suggest the 'proper' way to do what I am tryignto achieve or
    B) help me resolve my static issues in Cool Edit pro

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cool guide,very clever and simple to follow...bookmarked.
    thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pyscrow
    I use TPvr Converter to convert VOB files to Mpeg2, very quick very simple. 3 or 4 minutes a VOB on my box. It Will do all vob's in the series at once!
    I'm aware that this is an old post in an old thread, but does anyone have a current download URL for this tool ? The prior site in Italy ain't there no mo', and a Google search did not prove helpful. Or is this tool hopelessly outdated ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Haven't seen TPvr for a while. Video Redo works well for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldric that was really useful.
    Live lightly, think deeply.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zakman
    Originally Posted by DoubleACL
    Yes, however most recordings are split across multiple VOBs where in Mpeg Video Wizard you have to figure out which ones you need, trim into clips, and piece them back together on the timeline. A lot of work, plus I get momentary audio drops as it plays across one clip to the other.
    I also get momentary audio drops between my VOB clips in Womble's Mpeg Video Wizard, and for the same reason as you, decided to use a single big VOB. You can use smartripper as suggested by gshelley61, or DVD Decrypter has the same functionality. I used DVD Decrypter last time I did this and it worked great. I then make my edits, save the mpg, demux with MVW's demux tool into audio and video stream files, then use DVDAuthorGUI to author. Works great.
    Joining VOBs can cause problems. The easiest way to make one large VOB is to use DVD Decrypter. Set it to IFO mode, then under Tools/Settings/IFO Mode and set File Splitting to "None". One VOB, the convert to .mpg, or DIVX, or XVid using Womble if you want. No file joining hassles. Speedy too.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please show me, what is the best software so that can convert to a mpeg file with the quality like the dvd? And why do some software work in VOB file, some software work in IFO file, so which one is better!? Please help me, thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Dear friends,
    I am not able to understand which version of tmpg enc dvd author you have used. kindly tell me the version in whcih i can find out the window for converting vob to mpg.
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  26. What am I missing here? Why don't you just rip the DVD to the hard drive and change the file extension from .vob to .mpg? Am I misunderstanding the intent of this guide?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Captain Satellite
    What am I missing here? Why don't you just rip the DVD to the hard drive and change the file extension from .vob to .mpg? Am I misunderstanding the intent of this guide?
    A VOB is not an MPG.
    It can contain subtitles, multiple soundtracks, and is split into 1 GB chunks. While you might get away with treating like an MPEG in some cases, (small files, one soundtrack, no subtitles) in the general case it's not guaranteed to work.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Thanks. It should work for the purpose of making a video compilation of various clips though, right? A short clip set to a song of special moments, about four minutes long.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Captain Satellite
    Thanks. It should work for the purpose of making a video compilation of various clips though, right? A short clip set to a song of special moments, about four minutes long.
    Maybe. That's why I said "not guaranteed". In any case, the tools to do it properly are free and pretty fast (extracting is about as fast as copying), so why not try them?
    Quote Quote  
  30. You don't need any tools, I've already tried it. What's faster than typing three letters? Like I said, that must not have been the original intent of this thread. I say 'copy' so that you don't tamper with the original. I'm not telling, Alan, I'm asking. As far as I can see there is no need for a tool for what I want to do. Change the file extension then load that into my editing program. I'm not disagreeing with you, I believe we're talking about two different goals here.
    Quote Quote