VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video on my computer that has a box of text in the lower left hand corner. It shows up fairly well throughout the two minutes it is displayed. I am wondering if I can remove this using Adobe Premiere Pro. I already know about the filters for VirtualDub - DeLogo and LogoAway. I would like to skip the step encoding the video in VirtualDub and just blur the warermark in Premiere. I used to use this one plug-in that worked very similarly to Logaway but I forget the name of it. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone have a plug-in for Premiere? I know that there is one out there but I can't remeber what it is called! Please help me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no easy solution. The VirtualDub filter "logoaway" only does a mask and blur, so you can use existing Premiere filters that are built in to do the same thing. You will end up with a fuzzy greyish, translucent box where the logo was.

IMO, that approach is only slightly better than just having a black box over where the logo was.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There was a program called Icarus, that used to be available free from a university research site. It was originally designed to do 3d motion tracking and 3d reconstruction from photographs. The final version included a neat trick whereby it could reconstruct a background behind an object, provided the entire background was visible at some point during the clip. It did not have to visible all at once, but all the parts needed to be visible at some point. It was possible to use this to remove a person or object from a clip, even if they were moving. Even cleverer was the fact that this data could be used to composite the person/object into a different clip (you even got the alpha masks, if I remember correctly). Unfortunately all the Icarus technology was sold to an outfit called PixelBarn, who broke it down into several different products to be sold as several grand a piece.

DO a google for Icarus and you might still find a mirror around where you can download it and give it a try. I beleve the final version was 2.3x.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If anyone is looking, I found Icarus version 2.07 here.

has anyone used this prog? it looks pretty cool.
    Quote Quote