VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. now it does
    [img]vba02cbbfe6.gif[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  2. but dafreak, the weird thing is, Ive dl'ed that before. I tried to dl it again from the link you gave me, and it installed in under a second. When I went to details, it seems to have skipped things. Here is the pic:

p.s.
    Hope you like my sweet desktop =P
    Quote Quote  
  3. hmm, well from your first pic, gspot said that you didn't have ogg vorbis installed. try running the ogm file in tmpgenc again and see what happens.

PS. what server do you play COH on?
    Quote Quote  
  4. same problem =(

i play on freedom server lvl 11 blaster
    name: Jaime Lannister

p.s. thanks for help dafreak! ill get it fixed sooner or later
    Quote Quote  
  5. have you tried raising directshow priority up to lvl2 in tmpgenc?
    Quote Quote  
  6. just did, and same problem -(
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok, i think i got it.

acm is audio compression manager. try installing this codec.
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/index.html
    Quote Quote  
  8. well I dled that, and installed it, then restarted my computer, and it STILL wont work...I dont knwo what the problem could be. Im not doing anything different from my first comptuer, and its just not working.
    Quote Quote  
  9. try this codec dammit.
    if this doesn't work, i have no clue.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/1/9/11-1-9-2.shtml
    Quote Quote  
  10. 1 question, im installing these thigns, but theres always a file with .acm after it, do I put that anywhere or do anything with it? or just right click and install and thats it?
    Quote Quote  
  11. then its not working. I am completely clueless as to whats wrong...I think im going to uninstall all my codecs, then reinstall everything...thanks for tryin dafreak, if you get any other ideas post em here plz!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Someone named ultra_immortal had the same problem
    "I reformatted my PC and I installed TMPGEnc. I tried to open up my .ogm file and the following error occured: " The error occurred when ACM was initialized. " I tried renaming the .ogm to .avi and the same problem occurred. "

now, I asked him on aim what he did and he said he reinstalled his sound card or something, does any of this ring a bell to you?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I actually had this problem before as well. I can't remember what i did to resolve it though. you might as well try installing updated drivers for your sound card. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything.
    Quote Quote  
  14. yeaa i installed that lame thing to and its not working =(

Ive come to the conclusion that its gotta be either my soundcard, or xp or something....cuz I have EVERYTHING and more that I had before when it worked on my old computer.

does windows xp come with an audio player? Im using the one on my motherboard called soundmaxx, but is it possible that I could use a different one (like if xp gave one to use) and maybe that would solve it?
    Quote Quote  
  15. yeah...hmm, trying updating your sound card drivers.
    god, i'm going to cry if that resolves the problem.
    try updating windows media player.
    Quote Quote  
  16. well, seeing as I how I got a bran new computer that might solve it...lemme go try =P
    Quote Quote  
  17. well, I went to the soundmax site, and they sent me to asus homepage for drivers, I then went there and dl'ed the latest driver. It STILL doesnt work, is there something im missing when im supposed to "upgrade" sound card?
    Quote Quote  
  18. nope, if you have a onboard sound card, which it sounds like you have, i believe the sound card drivers are provided by asus.

try this. dl and install avi codec and run the ogm file through there. let's see what type of acm is required.

also,

I think this has something to windows. you might try dling updating new windows media player. it might have the proper windows audio compression manager.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I installed the new wmp, and it didnt work =( But heres the pics for the program u told me to dl

Quote Quote  
  20. Hey dafreak, this is gonna be hilarious...I found the solution. I emailed microsoft for the solution, thinking that it was something wrong from xp...so heres what he said

In your case log, you've indicated that the TMPGENC code cannot work properly. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

Based on my research, the issue can be caused by the corrupt components. I suggest you reinstall the codec from the link below to resolve the issue:

Based on the current situation, I believe the problem can be resolved. At this time, I will go ahead and close this issue. If you have further concerns, please feel free to write to v-willli@mssupport.microsoft.com . I'll follow up with you as soon as possible.

If you have additional technical questions or concerns not related to this specific issue, it is best if you open up a new case so that the right Microsoft engineer can help you resolve the problem in a more timely and efficient manner. For your convenience I have included the link:
    <>

Meanwhile, I always strive to provide high level support to customers and hope you are happy with the overall experience with this particular case. If there is anything you are not very satisfied with, please don't hesitate to let me know as your feedback is very valuable to help me improve my service process and quality. My goal is to provide first class customer service to you.

Again, thank you for choosing Microsoft.

Best Regards,

SO basically, I reinstalled TMPGENC from their site, and it WORKED....WTF!!!?!?!?!?!?!!! I tried that earlier by dl'ing from MIRC and it didnt work, but from off the site it did....SO SIMPLE

well thanks microsoft....
    and dafreak, I greatly appreciate your help and assistance in trying to fix this problem, your comment about it being windows got it fixed for me =) Thanks and: CASE CLOSED!
    Quote Quote  
  21. it figures that i would be that easy. anyway, glad you got it fixed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm following the guide in this thread and I'm converted my ogm to m2v in TMPGEnc. The source video was 23.976 fps (NTSC film) and I chose NTSC (which is 29,97 fps) output for my m2v. It looks like I am going to have to re-sync my subtitles so I opened the file in Subtitle Workshop but I can't seem to get it right. I know NTSC video and film have different frame rates so I want to make I'm doing the right thing here. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  23. it would probably be easier to just re-encode the video to 23.97 with 3:2 pulldown. That way you don't have to do anything with the subs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well it seems TMPGEnc did it for me because my subtitles were fine. I didn't have to modify anything. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll try that next time just to see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  25. ok i've been reading up on this, and im sorry to say i cannot get past the step where you load the renamed .ogm file (afer demuxing the .srt subtitle track) into TMPGEnc... this is the .ogm file that is renamed to a .avi file.

The error meessage I receive when attempting to load the renamed file is here:

**File: "lod21.avi" can not open, or unsupported.**

I tried upping the priority of the Directshow multimedia file reader to 2, but that didn't work.

Also, I notived that you said that the renamed .ogm file (as an .avi file) should be viewable by media player...this is not the case with my media player (MS Media player 10 is what I use). I have the latest DivX/Xvid codecs installed, and it still won't play the renamed .ogm file (lod21.avi)

Any thoughts? heh I know I didn't get far, but I am determined to tackle this task.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote