VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dafreak
    24 fps is really close to 23.97 so set it to 23.97 and use 3:2 pulldown and it should come out fine.
    If I select it as 23.976 fps and use 3:2 pulldown, since I have AC3 sound, would the result end up out of sync? Since what was originally 24 fps has been reduced to 23.976...

Also, I did a test making one clip Full Screen (keep AR) and the other Center (keep AR). On the TV screen, the Center clip was small in the center of the screen with huge black bars on all sides and the quality is sharp. But for Full Screen, it's full screen and the quality degrades a bit. Is it possible to get that same amount of quality shown in the Center clip on the Full Screen (keep AR) clip?
    Quote Quote  
  2. you shouldn't have any problems with using 23.97 fps and 3:2 pulldown. i've done it before and the audio/video never went out of sync.

as far as the screen size goes, like i mentioned before, if you use the center (keep aspect ratio), you will get black bars around the video.
    you can use the center (custom size) and set the size to 640 x 440, it's not going to be the same quality as the keep ar, but it should be better than full screen (keep ar).

another thing that you can consider is using 1/2 d1 which is 352x480 but i don't know too much about 1/2 d1 so you will have to do your own research on this.

all the conversions that i've done in the past with 512x384 source ar, i've used center (custom size) and set the size to 640 x 440. they came out pretty good. I think I did this with azumanga daioh series (not sure if you're familiar with it) and it turned out pretty damn good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like we are both anime fans. :P Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  4. is it possible to cut a scene form the ogm file and if it is can u tell me how to do it

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. @dafreak

Thanks for the Howto.

It is refreashing to see a post discribing how to convert OGM->DVD instead of yet another post asking how to convert OGM->DVD.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Rikstron
    is it possible to cut a scene form the ogm file and if it is can u tell me how to do it

thanks

here's a great guide on how to cut join avi's.
    https://www.videohelp.com/virtualdubedit.htm
    Quote Quote  
  7. thats only for avi but what about ogm files?
    Quote Quote  
  8. should work for ogm as well.
    Quote Quote  
  9. k thanks for all ur help
    Quote Quote  
  10. no problem. let me know if you need more help. I'm always checking the boards.

@suntan,

that's the main reason i made the guide. I saw an awful lot of ogm->dvd threads and got tired of posting the same thing over and over again. heh.
    Quote Quote  
  11. dafreak do you know how to convert mkv files to dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  12. never tried it myself but it should be pretty straight forward.

here's a guide on how to decompress mkv files.
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184742&highlight=mkv

once decompressed, feed the avi through tmpgenc and convert to mpg2.
    i always do audio and video separately, so only do the elementary video stream.

-demux the audio from the avi using virtualdubmod.
    -save as wav
    -convert to ac3 if you want to
    -author and burn
    Quote Quote  
  13. sorry i didn't mention this earlier but i meant mkv files with dual audio
    Quote Quote  
  14. when you decompress the mkv file do you see two audio streams?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just like to thank dafreak for his tremendous help in the problems i had while trying his guide. Excellent guide and excellent guy. Really helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by dafreak
    when you decompress the mkv file do you see two audio streams?
    what if i do?
    Quote Quote  
  17. rikstrom,
    i'm not quite sure what you're trying to do.

after decompressing the mkv file, encode the video, demux each audio stream you want to use, and multiplex them together.

I'm not sure why having dual audio would change anything.
    Quote Quote  
  18. sorry to confuse you dafreak but thanks for your help i really needed it badly
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I reformatted my PC and I installed TMPGEnc. I tried to open up my .ogm file and the following error occured: " The error occurred when ACM was initialized. " I tried renaming the .ogm to .avi and the same problem occurred. Here is a picture of the error:

Quote Quote  
  20. that has to do with the audio portion of the video.

run it through gspot and make sure you have the proper codecs installed for the audio.

if you are able to load the ogm file, make sure the audio path is blank.
    just erase everything that is in the audio path. also make sure ES (video only) is selected.
    Quote Quote  
  21. whenever i try to save the the audio from the avi file i get the following error.

ACM reported error on audio decompress (b)

been trying for an hour but cant figure it out. any help would be appreciated. thx
    Quote Quote  
  22. do you get this error when you are demuxing the audio using virtualdub?
    Quote Quote  
  23. VirtualDubMod is crashing whenever I try to demux the AC3 audio from the .OGM file

Anyone else experience this and what other options are there for getting the AC3 audio stream demuxed from the OGM file?

C.
    Quote Quote  
  24. WOW!

I can't believe that NightScream hasn't hi-jacked this thread yet.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I have been converting ogm to mpg quite easily with your guide dafreak, but recently I got a new computer, and I transfered most of the codecs and programs I had on the old comp. SO I tried to convert ogm to mpg again, and I get to tmpgenc, and it will open the .ogm file, but when I hit start to begin converting it, an error comes up that says

"the error occurred when acm was initialized."

I know that If I left the audio blank, it'd probably work fine, but I never had to do that before on my old computer, it would convert .ogm files from the same site to mpg easily with both video and audio, so Im trying to figure out what happened when I changed computers?

all help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  26. sorry guys, i haven't checked this thread in a while.

@civuck
    you may have to install ac3 filter to get it to work.

@dains
    ACM error is due to audio codecs. I believe you might be having the same problem as civuck. try installing ac3 filter. I have a hunch the audio used in the ogm file is ac3.
    Quote Quote  
  27. hmm, the acm filter didnt work =( But now I know the audio codecs are whats wrong, do you have any more suggestions on other codecs I should go for? Or should i MAAAASS dl them all till it works?
    Quote Quote  
  28. I would actually use gspot to determine which codecs are needed.
    Quote Quote  

29. so from that what do I need?

p.s. can u see my pic? cuz I cant
    Quote Quote