VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well, its simple. I finally figured out how to link my buttons on my main page to the markers in my TRACK. Its a simple performance dvd of a gig of mine. Well, I burned and made a coaster of my first self authored DVD. Why a coaster you ask? Well, lets say I select song two, during the transition to song three it slows down and glitches slightly before song 3. It does this during every chapter change! WHY? I want a seamless flow from song to song. If I select song one on my main menu, I want the program or TRACK to play through all the way with no glitches. If I select song 4 I want it to do the same thing. The only thing I might have done wrong is tell each chapter to JUMP to the next one. I thought that I had to do that or else each song would "dead end" after it was done. NO? As well, I told the last chapter to jump to the main menu at the end of the track, but that last song wont even PLAY! It stops one sec in and freezes there as well. What have I done wrong? This is so frustraiting cause I am almost home free but not quite. Am I almost out of the woods? Please help me. I would rather talk on the phone about this to tell you the truth.
    "Im gonna give ya every inch of my love" R.P.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If chapter two follows chapter 1 in the video, then there is no need to set the end jump property. If you play chapter 1 it will naturally follow with track 2. Same if you start on chapter 2, it'll eventually follow with chapter 3. No need to set an end jump of chapter 2 with chapter 3.

Am I reading your question right?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or he just needs to trash his DVDSP prefs (that helps a lot of stuff)
    "What's a matter Colonel Sanders???? CHICKEN???!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FCPguy
    Or he just needs to trash his DVDSP prefs (that helps a lot of stuff)
    It doesn't sound like that type of error. If he is setting the jump point of chapter 1 to chapter 2 this could cause the error he is having.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, that's it. I just did a test with it and the jump point of chapter 1 set to chapter 2 causes a "glitch" sound with the audio and the video to freeze for a moment.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You guys rock. I belive that fixed my main problem. Now for one of my two last main ones. I placed a marker at the end of the performance and this is the last chapter. Well, when I get my dvd burned and click the last track it plays for half a second and freezes! This doent seem to show in my TESTS all the time. Its just after I have burned and try to play it in my DVD player or computer. I am certain that there is something tha I am doing wrong in my autyhroring. What am i doing wrong and possible solutions. Is this a commom problem. And the last problem that I had was that when i went to the pull down menu to tell the program what chapter marker to use for a button that I am on, it will sometimes keep putting the selection to a certain track say i select Chapter 2 for button 2, it will keep reseting to Chapter 1 or chapter 4 or something. Is this a glitch? Anyway, I am almost home free here. Please help me and you will recieve some cool praise for your help. Thanks a bunch guys.
    JASON.
    "Im gonna give ya every inch of my love" R.P.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One request. Please space out your questions instead of typing a paragraph. It makes it hard to see the questions your asking.

Question 1:
    What brand of media are you burning to? Most crappy media fails at the end of the disc.

Question 2:
    What dropdown menu are you refering to? Is it the menu you get when you Ctrl+Click(Right Click) on the button?
    Quote Quote