VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Thread
  1. Thanks for the guide. Found it to be really helpful working my way through the software to add subtitles.
    Adding them worked fine, the only thing was that when I played the new DVD with the new subs there was no sound in the main movie. Any idea's what went wrong?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am going crazy cause I am stuck at last step and I don't know how to solve it!Please help me!!

Quote Quote  
  3. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 13:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    plz lTUTORIAL how to add subtitles to a DVD ..a VIDEO youtube
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by krrish View Post
    plz lTUTORIAL how to add subtitles to a DVD ..a VIDEO youtube
    It'll never happen. I don't think the author even comes around any more. This guide is over 6 years old and obsolete. Follow Baldrick's guide to add subs to a DVD:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you very much for making such a great guide, you've helped me a lot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    pls manono guide, video plz
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi the Matrix, i just found your thread, very helpful, although I am having problems. I am getting the 1 second play/one second freeze thing happening?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, i love the guide!
    But i have som problemes.

I follow every step and every thing works,
    I get a dvd output folder with working vobs with my subtitle and all.

But i cant use it! if i try to make an img or iso file of it it does not play.
    I try to play it in vlc and all that hapens is it start to play but no sound and no video.
    Same if i burn the disc.

But the vobs work if i play them one by one,
    So i am thinking that there is some problemes with the ifo files mayby?
    But i have edit them with IFOUpdate as in the guide.

It is a ntsc movie with 29fps and 1h18m play time if that help.
    Any one know what the problem is?
    Quote Quote  
  10. The guide is great, and my problems come from something else...
    But I want to ask if I can make a double-layer DVD with this method, because DVD-lab keeps writing: file size is over the buffer limit. (For the ~7gb decoded file.)
    What should I do?
    Regards,
    Weini
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wazup View Post
    Hello, i love the guide!
    But i have som problemes.

I follow every step and every thing works,
    I get a dvd output folder with working vobs with my subtitle and all.

But i cant use it! if i try to make an img or iso file of it it does not play.
    I try to play it in vlc and all that hapens is it start to play but no sound and no video.
    Same if i burn the disc.

But the vobs work if i play them one by one,
    So i am thinking that there is some problemes with the ifo files mayby?
    But i have edit them with IFOUpdate as in the guide.

It is a ntsc movie with 29fps and 1h18m play time if that help.
    Any one know what the problem is?

Tnx anyway but it works, it works when i burn it so it seams like it is my cpu that is the problem.

Tnx for the guide!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    What I do if I get multiple .m2v video files in Demuxed DVD folder?

EDIT: Fixed! DVD Decrypter settings was in splitting into 1GB fles. X)
    Last edited by nicke184; 4th Jan 2011 at 19:02.
    Quote Quote  
  13. This didn't worked for me at all! Please help there isnt "sub line"option and nothing happens after importing chapters.Plus i read the whole thing ,and never saw the part where a subtitle is added to the dvd.There isnt any adding.It justs demuxes the movie and then puts it back together.Please HELP ME! i Can't understand this solution very well.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Jovica View Post
    Please HELP ME!
    This guide is over six years old and was obsolete years ago. Follow Method 2 of Baldrick's guide here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Jovica View Post
    Please HELP ME!
    This guide is over six years old and was obsolete years ago. Follow Method 2 of Baldrick's guide here:

You have no idea how much i love you right now! Thank you very much.you saved me.I even had subtitle creator.How silly of me for not trying with it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, thanks for tyhe great guide. There is only one link missing: how do i do to check I have the correct downloaded subtitles for this movie??? And could you add a link to a guide to move the subtitles forward or backwards?

THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by goblino View Post
    There is only one link missing: how do i do to check I have the correct downloaded subtitles for this movie???
    I don't see how anyone can know if you downloaded the right subtitles. Except you. The main problem might come if you have an NTSC movie and you got PAL subs. Or vice-versa. Then you'll have to stretch them to fit. A couple of programs can do that. I usually use SubtitleCreator for this sort of thing.

And could you add a link to a guide to move the subtitles forward or backwards?
    If the subs are already in the DVD and are off by the same amount all the way through, you use DVDSubEdit to move them forward or back. If you can't figure it out yourself, it's all thoroughly explained in the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for youre reply.
    whhat i meant is: shoulds i checl the subs with the muxzed main movie? they will fit latewr if they fit then?

THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
  19. I still didn't quite understand the question, but if you don't know whether or not they'll 'fit' or are in synch, just mux them in and then play back the Muxman authored DVD (don't worry about the colors just yet) and check.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Aegisub is an excellent free tool to synchronise subtitles (and to edit them in a variety of ways). You can visually sync individual subtitles over the audio waveform, and verify them directly by playing the part of the video you are editing. Very handy.

It uses by default its own subtitle format (.ASS), so be sure to use File -> Export Subtitles to save them in SRT format.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I am new to the things mentioned on this guide but I find this guide to be very clear, I have one question concerning adding extra subtitles in Dutch to a movie; I found these subs on the Czech site in SRT format, so far so good, but they are in two parts for two cd's; meangirls_cd1.srt and meangirls_cd2.srt, how can I add these two files to the DVD I have decrypted so that everything works in good order? It would be a great help for me if someone knew the answer.......
    Quote Quote  
  22. You have to find when exactly the first subtitle of the second part should be shown, and compute the time offset (offset = time in video - time of subtitle is SRT file). Then use a program to add the time offset to the second part. Finally, you can join the two parts with a text editor.

I highly recommend Aegisub to edit and synchronize the subtitles. (You can perhaps join the two parts with Aegisub as well, but I'm not sure.)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi, This may seem like a really stupid question but I'm a little computer illiterate. I tried to add the subtitles to the movie (there were in "sub" form. Unfortunately, the program said that it did not support this type of file. Where did I go wrong? I thought that this format was supported by the program? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Brandon
    Quote Quote  
  24. There are two kinds of SUB files, the IDX/SUB (also called VobSubs, image or BMP-based subtitles), and the text-based SUB. Apparently you have the wrong kind. I don't use this guide or DVDLab for authoring so I can't tell you more than that. Perhaps some that does know will come along soon.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I have downloaded sutitles for my movie but the DVD has 18 chapters and the subtitles i have downloaded are separate for each chapter how do i combine the subtitles or add different subtitles for each chapter in dvd lab pro ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. I don't know a program that can do that, but it is possible, with some work, to do it manually.

You should load each subtitle file in a program that can add an offset to the timings, and apply the correct offset (that should be equal to the total duration of the previous chapters). SubRip can do that, but there are certainly many other programs. Check out AegiSub, for example.

When you have finished, load the first subtitle file in a text editor, and append the other files in the correct order (with copy/paste operations).

Verify carefully if the timings are correct. (Again, I like AegiSub for that kind of work.)
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When compiling DVD project i'm getting this error in DVD Lab Pro

The menu "Menu 1" has no buttons and infinite timeout.

How do i solve this or what have i done wrong???

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Narayan View Post
    When compiling DVD project i'm getting this error in DVD Lab Pro

The menu "Menu 1" has no buttons and infinite timeout.

How do i solve this or what have i done wrong???

Cheers
    I've managed to solve this...

But another problem came in...

Someone told me that any subtitle would work but i've already tryied twice with two different subtitles and they are out of sync...

Why is this???
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, and Thnaks for the guide "How To Backup a DVD and Add new Subtitles to the DVD using DVD-Lab Pro"

Its a great guide and I have just a anoying poblem. after I do the demuxing, then do the project on the DVD-Lab Pro I add the video from the demuxed dvd, then the 2 audio streams, as the dvd has 1 subtitle I dont want and I whish to replace with one ssrt sub made by me. I import my srt sub file generate the subtitle stream (after I select the desire font, color (Yellow), and the font size (22) I still. can see the only movie (no menus and extras) I just made and the subs are great!, but after I rename the vob files and move them to the Original DVD folder and do the "IFOUpdate" step then the original DVD when I use a dvd player program to vew the dvd files or made and iso with them and mount and try to watch, the subtitles are awful, a mix of yellow and white, a wrong outline and/or style than makes them imposible to read.

I have tryed many fonts, many sizes, the 2 avaliable colors, and is the same, looks like after do the IFOUpdate it overwrite my sub styles with the originals from the original dvd.

How can I after seen my movie only subs work great, rename and copy the vob files to the original dvd and do the IFOUpdate and keep the subs as I like and dont screw up?

Please help.
    Quote Quote