VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I´m sorry if you have already answered my question, but 19 pages of questions are a lot to read.

What if the subtitles I have are only in .txt? They don´t even have the timing, I gotta do it myself. Can I follow this guide too?

Thanks!

PS: sorry for my english, i don´t have the time to practice anymore....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chiririn
    What if the subtitles I have are only in .txt? They don´t even have the timing, I gotta do it myself. Can I follow this guide too?

Sure,
    after you've spent your life timing subs to the subrib format (.srt),
    preferably using the aid of subtitle workshop, or somthing similar,
    you can then follow this guide

or this one:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html

gl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chiririn
    Look at http://www.opensubtitles.org
    They may have a timed set there.
    If they don't have the language you want, you may find another language and be able sync yours with that, using Subtitle Workshop, for instance. See its help files for details.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all for the answers, i´ll try to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, thanks a lot for this guide, it really worked but i got a problem now, all my dvd is 7G size and i tried to compress it with clone dvd but doesn't keep its menu.

What can i do to compress all this 7G DVD to a 4G DVD?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    I added my subtitle to the movie which is "The Darjeeling Limited" This movie Is consisted of two parts, and in the menu there's 3 options to play the movie:
    1. is to play both parts together
    2. is to play part one
    3. is to play part two
    after I did all the steps everything is ok except one things, when I play Part one only it's ok
    and when I play part two also it's ok the subtitle i added appears in white as i chose, BUT the problem is that when I play option one"part one + part two" the part one subtitle appears in black and when the movie continued the part two then the subtitle returns to white.....SO what should I do, I want the whole subtitle to be white
    thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ehh...There are a couple of things I don't get from this tutorial:

1)Does DVD Decrypt demux Audio, Video and subtitles?

2)When I try to put all these together again in DVD LAB PRO, DVD LAB ignores the subtitles, so I cannot preserve the original subtitles. I can ONLY add a new pair of subtitles that MUST be in TEXT format!!!

3)What is the subtitles format DVD LAB PRO generates with extension .SP1, SP2, etc ?. Are these bitmaps?
    Greetings,
    Fede
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi,
    1) No, not by default, and any subs it gives you when you do set it up to demux, will be unusable.
    2) That's right. You can't use the original DVD subtitles, although I believe it does accept some image-based format, SON, maybe (I forget).
    3) Someone else will have to answer as I don't use DLP Pro.

That guide is way out of date anyway. Try this one:

I usually follow some variation of the second method.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    edit: I fixed this problem below by using VobBanker instead of IFOUpdate to update the IFOs, but after VobBlanker the subtitles turned green and i had to use IFOEdit to turn them back to yellow, but that was easy

I used the SubtitleCreator (with muxman, vobblanker) method a few times but i thought was more difficult to sync the subs, sometimes subs that were with perfect sync in DVDLab ended up out of syn with this other method, also i think dvdlab is much more faster

I only knew SUbtitleCreator guide to keep the original menu, so this is the first time i did with dvdlab.

Ok, everything seems to work fine on the PC, im using media player classic

The only thing is, in media player classic, when i start the movie from the menu it runs fine if i didnt touch the lenght marker. If i move it forward the program freezes, i have to use ctrl_alt+del to close it. But i CAN use the chapter selection and the movie starts fine from each chapter, but it still freezes if i touch the movie position marker.

And when i try to open it in DVDShrink theres an error with the first .vob and it doesnt even open.

I was about to burn it with Nero, but before i loose a dvd midia i would like to know if anyone have clue if it will work fine in the DVD Player ??

Oh and when you replace the original VOBs, are you supposed to replace the VIDEO_TS.VOB too ?? Cause DVDLab creates that one too

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but i had a proplem i have an ntsc dvd and after i do all the steps u sead i burn the dvd and it,s cool now the proplem is with the subtitle color it,s appers whit
    and i did chous the color but it,s didnt apper as i wont it,s just apper as whit as snow all the subtitls can u help me bro
    Quote Quote  
  11. Fix the colors in DVDSubEdit or in PGCEdit. Here's a guide to using DVDSubEdit for the job:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/Guides/ChangingColors/Guide.htm

You're in the US, it says. Is English not your first language? Because you write horribly. Maybe you should take some care to proofread what you write before posting. Or have someone that actually knows the language fix it before you post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I need help please anwer my topic:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic351103.html
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    may be my dvd decrypter is a newer version than yours, but it doesnt featrure the same options. for instance, in the IFO mode of the general settings it also asks for removing structure protection. anyway, I only set the parameters the way you said and also with the other settings. At the end, I always get an almost never-ending list of messages saying 'failed to set data for" or 'failed to set data for DVDDecrypterPlayDVDMovieOnArrival'. Where's the mistake? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Where's the mistake?
    Perhaps in using DVD Decrypter. That guide's obsolete anyway. Use DVDFab HD Decrypter, especially if you have a newer DVD with newer copy protection, and then follow this guide. I prefer the 2nd method:

Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this has been answered before but please help me here:
    Is there a way to put subtitles to a dvd with many different episodes, a tv series like Babylon 5, and thus several different subtitles to a different episode each and with the right timing.
    I am trying to put greek subtitles to season 2 and 3 of B5 (original dvds with no greek subs).
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used for my dvdmux project a title NTSC: IfoEdit and IfoUpdate.
    All correctly works, subtitles and inclusive menu. !!!

My suggestion is, you allow to lose DvdLad and other tools. They serve only to waste useless time.

Ciaooooooooooooooooo

Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i folowed the guide, works perfect.. just a minor thing:

about the subtitles. In my language we have diacritics, and the subtitle i'm planning to use, have diacritics also, wich in subtitle worksop are viewed as they shoud (if i select east europe in this program). The problem is that in dvd-lab these fonts with diacritics are mashed and replaced with lots of squares, and other symbols.

(Note: in subtitle workshop i converted the .txt I had, and saved them as other formats - .sub, .srt, .sst, but none of this preservs the good aspect of the diacritics, and as far as i found out, dvd-lab cannot put .bmp subtitles, so i have to somehow arange this problem in dvd-lab, not outside of it, since dvd-lab is the culprit in this thingie)

How can i change in dvd-lab pro the encoding of the text subtitles? so that the subtitles are showed properly ?

I'm new to such problems, because only 3day's ago I bumped into vorbis format, and in these 3 days from the simple task to save image dvd's and large movies (in .mkv, .hd and other hi quality formats) to dvd5 (so i can play them with stand alone player), I now have a major headacke.. i installed lots of programs, lots of experiments demuxing, remuxing, converting from a mkv containers to vob's (that's another story), etc.
    So i'm a bit overwhelmed but i'm a quick learner and somehow managed so far to multiplex a movie as it should, with subtitles/menus/etc..

now i try to find a way to show the corect subtitles(without squares and symbols), so please help!

(sorry for my english - not my everyday language)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i have a problem

after i finished the dvd edit i played it on a dvd video and it,s work but in the 30min it,s jumps to the last chapter
    can any one help me

Note : My Dvd Is NTSC
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi mates. The only problem that i'm having is this, when i found some DVD with An Unrated and Rated version and i do the authoring to add the subtitles, when i'm gonna see the unrated version i only get black subs :S i tried change the color and i only get black subs in the unrated version.. any ideas ? Hug.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for this complete guide.

I followed it exactly as you wrote it, and it worked just fine.

Congratulations, this guide is very straightforward, the other guides I found on the net were very cumbersome!

Rafael Soteldo
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi

First of all, thanks for a very nice guide!

But i have one problem, how do you use Rejig to multiplex NTSC DVD's? Coud you make a picture or a small guide?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Don't use ReJig (or IFOEdit). Muxman is way better. This guide is more than 4 years old and parts of it are way out-of-date.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Ok.

So how do i use Muxman?
    Quote Quote  
  24. This guide is for using DVDLab Pro anyway. Baldrick has some Muxman instructions listed in his guide (which is more up-to-date and doesn't rely on DVDLab Pro):

Quote Quote  
  25. Dear TheMatrixx,

First I want to thank you very much for your very useful guide.
    I used your guide many times successfully to add subtitle in my language to DVD movies that do not have one and play it on my PC. Lately I faced a problem with one movie, I would be appreciated very much if you help me to solve it. My problem is as follows:-
    A) I have a DVD image and mounted by the use of Daemon Tools, when I play this DVD it works fine
    B) However when I tried to add my own subtitle flowing the your instruction (using DVD Decrypter and DVD-lab PRO step 1 & 2) I found that resulting video and audio got out of synchronization.
    It worth saying that subtitle in the output DVD is perfectly synchronized to the sound, but both start earlier than the video.
    Please find hereinafter DVD Lab Pro Verification Log.
    I would be very appreciated if you can help to solve this problem.
    Best regards,

** DVD Lab Pro Verification Log ***
    9 - 23 - 2008 -- 20:47:54
    Number of VTS - 1
    Number of Menus: 1

Menu 01 - Type - Dummy

Number of imported VTS: 0

* VTS Verification *

<<< VTS Number 1 >>>
    Number of Titles: 1

Title 01 - Type - ES or PES
    Segment 1, Video File M:\DVD CD'S\The.Mummy.Tomb.of.the.Dragon.Emperor\1\VTS_01 _1 - 0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 - 720x480 (NTSC) - 16~9 - Pan-Scan & Letterboxed.M2V
    Frame Size: 720 X 480
    Frame Rate 4 [1--23.976, 2--24, 4--29.97, 3--25, 5--30]
    Aspect Ratio: 169 [43--4:3, 169--16:9]
    MPEG Video Type: 2 [1--MPEG 1, 2--MPEG 2]
    Chroma: 1 [1--4:2:0, 2--4:2:2, 3--4:4:4]
    GOP 1, size - 60970
    GOP 2, size - 91130
    GOP 3, size - 95431
    Segment 1, Audio File M:\DVD CD'S\The.Mummy.Tomb.of.the.Dragon.Emperor\1\VTS_01 _1 - 0x80 - Audio - AC3 - 2ch - 48kHz - 16bit - English - DELAY 0ms.AC3
    Audio type: AC3_Mot, Channel: 2, Sampling: 48000, Bitrate: 256000
    Segment 1, Subtitle File M:\DVD CD'S\The.Mummy.Tomb.of.the.Dragon.Emperor\1\ARA.sp 1

Number of Menus: 1

Menu 01 - Type - Dummy

* Status Messages *
    Start building Video Title Set ( VTS ) ... - 2001
    Title - 1
    Start building VOB streams - 2210
    Muxing elementary streams is in process ... - 2220
    Initializing audio packets ... - 3005
    Initializing AC3 (MOT) audio packet ... - 3030
    Verifying Closed Caption file is in process ... - 3750
    Muxing is in process ... - 2300
    Audio packetizing ends - 3025
    Creating PGC for the title is in process ... - 2500
    Creating dummy menu is in process ... - 2790
    Building VTS IFO stream is in process ... - 2800
    Start building Video Manager (VMG) ... - 2005
    Creating dummy menu is in process ... - 2790
    Creating still menu is in process ... - 2700
    Start encoding bitmap ... - 2750
    Reading bitmap is in process ... - 2740
    [INFO] - No audio stream is provided - 3019
    Encoding bitmap and building VOBU is in process ... - 2450
    Building VMG IFO stream is in process ... - 2850

*** Post Verification ***

No error was found in the post verification process

Authoring is successfully completed - 3900
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have done everything until the end,
    but in the last step with ifoupdate, it doesnt do it because it says:

WARNING: Source to destination mismatch
    Original File has 38 Chapters
    Newly authored File has 39 Chapters
    Aborted. Original file restored.

I dont know exactly why. The only thing i've done different in the guide is not demuxing the existing subtitles on the dvd while ripping with DVDencrypter at the first step, because I wouldnt need them later on.

Thx for help if you have an idea
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi. I know this guide is a bit old. But it works great. Every time. I have a doubt though... This guide SUPOSSEDLY helps you create an exact replica of your original DVD. And to my understanding, that includes the original subtitles right? Well, i haven't been able to keep the original subtitles so far... And I was wondering if it is in fact possible or was just a typo... And if it is, could somebody please help me out? Where am I failing? Is it in the demuxing? remuxing? Replacing?
    I think the problem is in the demuxing step, because matrixx doesn't especify if one should demux the subtitles or not... maybe hats what Im doing wrong. In any case, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "ERROR: The original IFO`s PGC area is not large enough to hold the new PGC. ABORTING"

Reason:
    Source and destination mismatch. Original file has XX chapters, newly authored file has YY chapters.

Means:
    You have one or more chapters surplus comparing to original file.

Why:
    Because the original file has two or more cells inside one chapter.

Example:

Consequence:
    You get the annoying message that brought you here in the first place :
    "ERROR: The original IFO`s PGC area is not large enough to hold the new PGC."

Solution:
    Delete adequate number of chapters in authored file to get the equal number of chapters with the original file. (XX = YY)

Q: Which one?
    A: You can probably delete any of them, as long as you maintain ratio equal . (XX = YY)
    Or You can open the original VTS_0X_0.IFO in “IfoEdit” (see above example), and see which one has multiple cells inside one chapter and delete corresponding one while authoring new file.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ sideskroll

In the newly authored file you’ll have, ONLY, subtitles you imported during authoring in DVD Lab, regardless of demuxing them from the original file.

In a process of demuxing you’ll get *.sup files for subtitles that you can’t import in DVD Lab, so if you want to keep them in the newly authored file you’ll have to use SUB Rip on the original file and, through process of OCR recognition, acquire usable *.srt files that you can use with DVD Lab.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.. the tutorial is awesome.. thanks for this.. I managed to insert the subtitles I wanted.. It works perfectly..

But..
    I wanted to ask if it is possible to insert the subtitles I want, without losing the original subtitles? Because, I'm inserting Croatian subtitles, but also want to keep the English ones.. And I only end up with Croatian subs in the end..

and also.. can someone help me with this? it happens when I'm inserting the subs using my laptop.. my local disk is (E: ) and I don't have a (C: ) at all.. where can i change this? so that the "temp" folder would be created in (E: ) not in (C: )?

Thnx
    Quote Quote