VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi!
    Does I got a way to add subtitle and to kepp the italic.
    In my srt file i've got the Italic but when I import in dvd-lab I must manualy put the subtitile to Italic.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I folwed your guide and I riped the DVD with DVD Decrypter and got .sub files but DVD-Lab wont take them. what did I do wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  3. doron1958

The sub given from dvddecrypter are impossible to put in dvd-lab.
    you must convert it in srt (for ex.) with subrip.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi

I'm having a problem after demuxing and I hope that someone can help me

After demuxing DVD movie, I'm having a problem with audio delay
    I've tried to demux with a few tools (DVD decrypter, VOBedit,Rejig)
    But it didn't help.
    I've tried several AC3 correction tools, but still there is no sync between video and audio.

This problem occurs only in one movie I have (the usual suspect), in the other movies everything went smoothly.

If someone here knows how can I synchronize the AC3 file With the M2V file, I'll be glad to see a reply, cause I've burned a lot of hours and it just won't work

BTW, I've checked the m2v file along with the ac3 file in bsplayer and there was problem with the sync, which lead me to the conclusion that the problem is in the demuxed files and not in the DVD-lab or any other authoring tool

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm trying to create a srt file in dvdsubber but when I try to load up the VOB file I can see the video but can't hear the audio. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you have demux the video it's normal.
    You msut put the original dvd in your player (or an mounted iso file)
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm using a dvd in the drive but can't open it with subtitle editor (from dvdsubber) so I try opening the VOB files which aren't demuxed but no audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. hi good guide but can u explain what to do with Rejig?
    i dont know what to do there
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi, I'm having a problem with DVDMaestro.
    At the finish I get error and the program close.
    And creates only the VOB files and not the IFO files.
    I don't know what is the problem because I have make other movies with no problem.
    Please help me if you know the problem.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have had this happen, but I fear that there may be many causes for this error. I will tell you why it was happening for me:
    DVD Maestro seems to have a bug in it that affects chapter markers. Sometimes you can insert a chapter point, but then it "disappears" and you can no longer see or remove the chapter. The way you can tell if this has happenned is to insert a new chapter. If the number of this chapter is 1 more than what you expect, there is a glitchy chapter in your movie (eg. you think you have 12 chapters, then when you insert a new chapter it calls it "Chapter 14").
    The only way to fix this is to import a new chapter list, exit the program and restart your computer. I know this sounds weird, but if you don't restart your computer it will keep doing the same thing.
    This is probably not what is causing it for you. But basically I think it happens when you accidentally create a dvd with errors in it. Re-check everything is right, re-import your assets, and restart your computer. Make sure if you have a hyperthreading or dual-cpu computer, that the affinity is set to only ONE of the CPUs. The other option is to start over again.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by skeg64
    I have had this happen, but I fear that there may be many causes for this error. I will tell you why it was happening for me:
    DVD Maestro seems to have a bug in it that affects chapter markers. Sometimes you can insert a chapter point, but then it "disappears" and you can no longer see or remove the chapter. The way you can tell if this has happenned is to insert a new chapter. If the number of this chapter is 1 more than what you expect, there is a glitchy chapter in your movie (eg. you think you have 12 chapters, then when you insert a new chapter it calls it "Chapter 14").
    The only way to fix this is to import a new chapter list, exit the program and restart your computer. I know this sounds weird, but if you don't restart your computer it will keep doing the same thing.
    This is probably not what is causing it for you. But basically I think it happens when you accidentally create a dvd with errors in it. Re-check everything is right, re-import your assets, and restart your computer. Make sure if you have a hyperthreading or dual-cpu computer, that the affinity is set to only ONE of the CPUs. The other option is to start ov
    er again.
    Hi I try but nothing. I think the problem is on the subtitles but I don't know what is, because I do the same things with other movies and is ok.
    If you know anything else that will help please let me know.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  12. There is any program like DVDMaestro?
    Quote Quote  
  13. There is any way to modify the existing menu of the original movie. for e.x. I want to delete the graphic for french sub and add mine and link it with my sub.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi panoplos, did you saw the new guide with DVD-lab PRO ?
    And I have made a movie tutorial also, showing to all of you how easy is to insert subtitles to a DVD movie !

http://dvdromania.org/content/view/50/2/

P.S.: DVD Maestro is not that good as DVD-lab PRO is
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi liavm, what Rejig ?
    The guide posted here is with DVD-lab PRO now
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by TheMatrixx
    Hi panoplos, did you saw the new guide with DVD-lab PRO ?
    And I have made a movie tutorial also, showing to all of you how easy is to insert subtitles to a DVD movie !

http://dvdromania.org/content/view/50/2/

P.S.: DVD Maestro is not that good as DVD-lab PRO is
    Hi TheMatrixx, I try the new tutorial and works fine thank you.
    Is possible to add in original menu my subtitle so I can select it from the menu??
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have no ideea how to change the menu buttons....and i think is very hard
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have also posted this question here on a doom9 forum. It is a long post, so I will just summarize.

I have closely followed the DVDMaestro version of TheMatrix's guide. The resulting Nero burned disc will play fine in PowerDVD but freezes just before the main (root) menu on my Pioneer DV-333 standalone player.

I think it has something to do with IFOUpdate not updating the pointers properly in the IFO files, especially in VIDEO_TS.IFO, but I am just guessing. The movie is not complicated. It only has a single Title Set (PGC?).

From PGCEdit:

VMG, First-Play PGC:
    ********** pre commands:
    [30 06 00 00 00 42 00 00] 1 (JumpSS) Jump to VMGM Title menu
    ********** post commands:

VMGM, LU1(en),1 (0:15) 0b. TitleM: (here is the intro movie/VOB)
    ********** pre commands:
    ********** post commands:
    [30 06 00 01 01 83 00 00] 1 (JumpSS) Jump to VTSM 1, Root menu (TTN 1)

So, the First-Play PGC just jumps to the VMGM Title Menu which is the 15 second intro movie. At the end of this is a post command to JumpSS to the root menu. This is the menu that will not display on my Pioneer DV-333.

Isn't IFOUpdate supposed to fix all of the pointers in both .IFO files? I think I need to manually check these pointers somehow. I assume that IFOUpdate also updates VIDEO_TS.IFO even if only the _0.IFO file is selected since it is not listed in the guide as a seperate step, but I am not sure. I would like to try using IFOEdit instead of IFOUpdate but I don't know how. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I know that I could try to skip the intro movie (a possibility) or the entire root menu, but I would rather keep it the same as the original. I am willing to skip the intro movie though if that would help at all.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi tunguska, Open IfoEdit...then open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file of the authored DVD....and hit the Get VTS sectors button....some pop-up windows will appear..hit OK on all of them. Then close IfoEdit and see if the movie works fine.

If not...you may have problems with the blank DVD you are writing on...I had a NO-NAME blank DVD with Bruce Almighty movie, on PC all worked fine...but on my Standalone player....100 of errors....menu did't show up.....stupid errors
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  20. Im using the newest version of dvd decrypter, but under the settings>ifo mode tab there is no listing for dvd lab chapter information. What am i missing?
    "Just pretend that it's all pretend"
    Quote Quote  
  21. There it is !

Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  22. i see ur post but in the newest version of dvd decrypter which i just download, in between cce and dvd maestro there is no checkbox or entry for dvd lab chapter information. i have dvd lab pro installed. and the newest dvd decrypter. i dont know how 2 post my screenshot but its not there. did i 4get 2 activate something?
    "Just pretend that it's all pretend"
    Quote Quote  
  23. Look, I have the lastest DVD Decrypter 3.5.1.0...I just downloaded now again to make sure. It's the same thing. DVDlab Chapter Information is there...check your version !

Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  24. I tried to add my .sub files (demuxed with dvddecrypter) to dvdlab , but it replied: unsupported format. It doesn't import .sup(made with srt2sup) files either. Does dvdlab support only text based subs? that's worthless!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Matrixx ,
    great guide !!!
    I tried it & saw also your media player movie of how to add subs to DVD movie .
    But when i finished it & watch the movie with classic media player , there was no subtitles added .
    I try to add englisg subs & Hebrew that i download from internet .
    I did exactly this guide .
    the movie i try to compile was Saving Private ryan .
    Can U help me ?
    THX
    Quote Quote  
  26. I was doing the demuxing and @ the same point everytime while it was writing one of the .m2v file it would say I was out of space on disk, cept I would have like 12gb free. Any idea why. 1 thing though, I was doing this directly from disk, I had ripped anything to the HD, I didn't see that mentioned on the guide. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  27. abubar, the original DVD has any subtitles on it ?

meping please use an NTFS hdd and more space ....20 Gb or more.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi TheMatrixx, nice guide.
    But Iīve a problem. Iīm trying to put portuguese subtitles on Return of King movie. Itīs ok but after a begginning the movie have several slowndowns. Im Powerdvd (and others software players) goes fine, but in my player this happen. Some solution?

Thanks in advance. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi balrog, thanks

I had the same problems as you, the movie played very well on the PC but on the Standalone Player no way. It's from the DVD blank you used Try MEMOREX !
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  30. I donīt think that the problem is dvd media because I had used a Ridata media and a DVD-RW and the slowdowns occur in the same place in both. This only happen when the movie, which has beem modified, the menu and others play smoth.
    Quote Quote