VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I apologize for lenthy post..
    Please help..I'm facing some weired problem..I don't know what's going on?? Here it is:

My PC SPEC:
    Pentium Dual Xeon 2.0GHz
    1.5GB Rambus RAM
    ATI Fire GL4 Pro Video Card (128MB DDR)
    (3) 17GB SCSI Drives (one for OS & two for storage/Data drives)
    (1) 200GB IDE drive..
    Running under Windows XP Pro..

Here is the Problem:
    The PC works great except when I render the project in Sony vegas4.0e (to NTSC DV Format) [and encode the NTSC DV avi file in Canopus Proceder..]
    The PC stalls temporarily for a minute or two..and then renders for a minute or two and this cycle goes on and off until it finishes rendering the project. When the rendering pauses, the computer freezes up the rendering timer as well as the system time clock in the bottom right corner of the screen.

During my observations, I found out that the PC freezes up on & off ..Again this happens only when I render in Vegas 4.0e and encode the avi files in Canopus Encoder 1.5 ...and my rendering/encoding time increases by double...
    P.S. I am using the one of the SCSI data drive as temp/pre rendered drive ..

Please help me what is going on???

Thanks in advance for your suggestions....
    Voodoo!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by matrix_voodoo
    I apologize for lenthy post..
    Please help..I'm facing some weired problem..I don't know what's going on?? Here it is:

My PC SPEC:
    Pentium Dual Xeon 2.0GHz
    1.5GB Rambus RAM
    ATI Fire GL4 Pro Video Card (128MB DDR)
    (3) 17GB SCSI Drives (one for OS & two for storage/Data drives)
    (1) 200GB IDE drive..
    Running under Windows XP Pro..

Here is the Problem:
    The PC works great except when I render the project in Sony vegas4.0e (to NTSC DV Format) [and encode the NTSC DV avi file in Canopus Proceder..]
    The PC stalls temporarily for a minute or two..and then renders for a minute or two and this cycle goes on and off until it finishes rendering the project. When the rendering pauses, the computer freezes up the rendering timer as well as the system time clock in the bottom right corner of the screen.

During my observations, I found out that the PC freezes up on & off ..Again this happens only when I render in Vegas 4.0e and encode the avi files in Canopus Encoder 1.5 ...and my rendering/encoding time increases by double...
    P.S. I am using the one of the SCSI data drive as temp/pre rendered drive ..

Please help me what is going on???

Thanks in advance for your suggestions....
    Voodoo!!!
    First of all, I'm salivating a bit over your PC description I had a similar experience running Procoder in Win2K, but mine wouldn't recover ...just lock up. I never did get it working right.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Heat.

It sounds like something is reaching a critical temperature and stops working until it cools down slightly. You're putting a mighty good strain on your system when you're encoding. How satisfied are you that heat is being properly managed in your system?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thats a nice "Judgment Day" post count there indolikaa.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by freestyler
    Thats a nice "Judgment Day" post count there indolikaa.
    I'm working on a 2000th post special thread right now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks guys for the replies..

I have total of 4 fans (1) front, (2) rear and (1) on side and it takes care of the PC's temprature..Of course, the rear fans shoot out hot air but well around the room temparature..I have checked in BIOS after leaving computer on for more that 30 minutes and the temperature was well below
    the worst case...Well, I noticed there one thing though..The voltage level were staying little lower (about .3 to .6V) than normal..Do you guys think that might be the problem???

Computer does it jobs but takes almost double time unncesserily. Any suggestions or advice still welcome you veterans...

Thanks,
    Voodoo!!!
    Quote Quote