VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Very simple question. Did a search but found nothing, so...

I want to cut off the beginning and end of one of my tracks in Maestro, which has sync audio. To edit the video I can just click and drag to make the clip shorter, but how do I edit the audio? It seems locked. I don't know why, it seems obvious. If they let you drag in the video, why not the audio the same way???

Anyway, lil help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's in the manual. look for "create sync audio" or something similar.

Note: it'll work with AC3 with time-code, haven't tried it with anything else and all the rest don't support time-code, so there could be some difficulty. Just make sure you follow similar naming conventions for your media.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I actually tried that, but I was doing it backwards. I synced them before I edited instead of after. I always thought that tool was just for syncing them up to begin with.

But, is there a way to do it manually? I want to use the mp2 file I made (it's smaller than the ac3, and of course wav), and it doesn't work with mp2.

ps, wav, aif and a couple others work with "create sync audio"
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can change your choice of encoder in the preferences dialog. If you use a software encoder (such as CCE, Mainconcept, or TMPGEnc) it might allow you, where the hardware encoder might not...not sure about this though.

Good luck,
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just slide the audio on the time line -

audio can not start before video -- so if you need it to .. just add a little bit of blank black mpeg to beginning of video time line allowing you to start audio before main picture ..

the end of the audio will automatic get trimmed if it runs longer than the video ..

UNcheck sync ac3 time code to video though if doing this ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Isn't the encoder just for exporting? I need to edit it before that.

2 BJ_M:
    I'm trying to cut an equal amount off the front (and back) of audio and video. I can slide the video. Can't slide the audio.

Can you? What version do you have? I have 2915a.

And I couldn't find a checkbox for sync audio.
    What I was talking about was the "create sync file" option when you right-click on the audio track. Where is this box?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i have 2915c -- its a later version than the 'common' version seen around these parts on this forum ..

you can't trim the begining of the audio .. i see what your trying to do ..

you will have to cut the ac3 before importing or see below...

there are a few ac3 editors (will not-reencode) , i use one by vitec but there is another somewhere ..

this is dificult to do and still maintain sync .. it is better to trim the video using a mpeg editor (to avoid re-encoding the whole thing (or you can ue maestro for this and export the new mepg)) and making a new audio sync track outside of maestro and bringing it all back in (vegas is perfect for this and nothing else at any price comes close).. you wlll find your project is more in sync, as if you have noticed - while the trim function in maestro is good -- it is really only cutting on the nearest I frame .. which isnt always what you want..

timecode stamps on ac3 files are made using the dolby hardware encoder ..

the sync audio check box is in the create sync audio track dialog and also in the project/global properties i believe ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote