VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As it says, I'm ripping a DVD with DVD Shrink, but when it comes to burning the DVD, I'm told that the file is too big for the blank media (?)
    Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ummmm, have you perhaps shrunk it???
    Quote Quote  
  3. ......yes
    The overall file size, after shrinking is 4298MB - the blank disc is 4.7GB (of course) and my maximum file size is set to 4700MB in the DVD Shrink preferences
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in dvdshrink set your max size to 4.38 gigs, they use a different formula for the size of a gig
    Quote Quote  
  5. well max a dvd can hold is 4482 megs. must be reading it wrong because 4298 megs will fit on a dvd. so if it says it is to big then its to big. since you seem to think megs and GB equal to the same size (4700 megs 4700 gigs) i bet that is the problem...
    How Big A Boy Are Ya?
    Quote Quote  
  6. since you seem to think megs and GB equal to the same size (4700 megs 4700 gigs) i bet that is the problem...
    Do I?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Do you?

Originally Posted by andyrh68
    ...my maximum file size is set to 4700MB...
    Try setting this to 4464MB then see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ghoster
    well max a dvd can hold is 4482 megs. must be reading it wrong because 4298 megs will fit on a dvd. so if it says it is to big then its to big. since you seem to think megs and GB equal to the same size (4700 megs 4700 gigs) i bet that is the problem...

Hi, I see you use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter...

Im using right now DVD Shrink and works fine for me, but wondering can DVD Shrink burn the DVD on its own? I have also CopyTodvd but when I tried to burn for the first time it said

Type Error: Unable to start the write process - finalization skipped to preserve media

Type Error: WriteSector failed at sector 16(16): Code 00 24 00 (No sense information)

I already emailed VSO software as I checked out their forums and they have a patch, but waiting is the problem.. Can I use Nero instead? How do I set it to where DVD Shrink asks me if I want to burn after backing it up? Any suggestions on what dvd burning to use?

My burner is a HP Writer 300n
    "What It Do"
    Huh ?????
    Quote Quote  
  9. When shrink does that I just redo the dvd again & things are just fine & the right size.
    Quote Quote  
  10. please don't hijack topics, converting avis isn't the same as shrinking dvds. / Baldrick
    Quote Quote