VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been trying for hours to upgrade my Pioneer 107D (OEM) writer to the latest firmware. I am using Windows 98SE.

I have downloaded DVRFlash and the firmware upgrade, saved them all to the same folder and have tried running DVRFlash. Nothing happens except for what looks like a Dos screen poping up for a fraction of a second. These are the instructions that the DVRFlash help file provide:

1/ Download the latest version of DVRFlash and extract the executable you need (either for Windows, DOS or Linux) in the directory where you extracted the patched firmwares
    2/ READ THE DVRFLASH INSTRUCTIONS!!!
    3/ If you are flashing from windows, and E: is your DVR-107 drive, open a DOS window and type a command like: DVRFlash -v I: R7100007.105 R7100107.105

It seems my computer doesn't have DOS installed, so I can't do this. Has anyone upgraded firmware on a Pioneer 107D - or can anyone provide a method that actually works with Windows 98SE? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. try running the flash app from a DOS window. You are running Windows 98SE, which still has DOS in it. Look for a shortcut "MS-DOS Prompt." Or, create a DOS-bootable floppy and copy the flash files to that and flash from DOS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your reply. I have now manged to load MS-DOS and entered the informations as instructed. I get a Pioneer "disclaimer" come up asking if I agree. After entering Y for "Yes", I get a message "// sptxOpen.CreateFile: x2 (2) The system cannot find the file specified. Could not open device \\.\E: I have tried several times, same thing comes up. ANy ideas on what I should do to get this firmware to load?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you boot to a floppy or MS-DOS prompt?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I used MS-DOS Prompt via Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  6. have you changed the drive letter to the drive letter specific to your drive i.e. your 107 is drive d: so set the the drive to flash to drive d:

have you got a windows signed driver installed allthough im not sure this is really applicable to 98SE
    Welcome to the REAL world!
    Quote Quote  
  7. You really need a knowledable friend to do this for you
    as the way you are going about it could kill your drive
    and I'm not kidding! Using a dos window is the worst advice I've heard for ages

If you really want to do it then you will need a Win32
    app such as FUPW9X.exe from Pioneer themselves.
    I strongly suggest you get help though
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by offline
    Using a dos window is the worst advice I've heard for ages
    I have Windows XP Pro and I have flashed all my drives 100% successfully in a command prompt. :P
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have Windows XP Pro and I have flashed all my drives 100% successfully in a command prompt.
    ah huh.. well do not let the likes of me stop you
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by offline
    I have Windows XP Pro and I have flashed all my drives 100% successfully in a command prompt.
    ah huh.. well do not let the likes of me stop you
    You couldn't if you tried...
    Quote Quote