VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The factory-installed DVD player in my new 2004 Honda Odyssey minivan cannot play the VCD which I burned using Nero5 Buring Rom software (version 5.5.4.3 bundled), but my CELERA DVD player can play that VCD. Also the Honda DVD player can play some other VCDs. Is there anything wrong with the Honda DVD player? Or how should I do to make it to play the VCD? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried burning to a different CDR media? It may be picky about the dye. Just an idea.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try another burning app or different type of media also that might help ,and finally can your player play vcds?. 8) 8)
    Quote Quote  
  4. The CD medium I used is CD-R, and this one doesn't work for the Honda DVD player. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try different media. Since I am not familiar to CD media, please advise what kind of CD I should try. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have always liked tdk and imation for cd apps because I like to use quality media because I used to use the cheap stuff and I ran into lots of problems. And finally good things are not cheap and cheap things are not good,but seriously why dont you burn dvds its much better quality and you can fit so much info on them...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello

Yeah I agree with Nolonemo - it is the cd-r dye that the Honda DVD player has trouble with. I found using cd-rw that has a grey dye works with VCD. You may want to try that. My Honda plays VCD fine with cd-rw
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    something about the way the laser reflects off of the cd i read somewhere. i was told the darker the better the cd. nero could be a prob too, had probs with pioneer in dash dvd/tv. never had a prob with roxio vidpak.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Definitely try a CD-RW.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Or you can try to lower the burning speed.
    Recommend for 4X, 2X (or 1X for worse)
    And YES, definitely try it on a CD-RW first
    /* Like It--Buy it */
    Quote Quote  
  10. Many thanks for folks' suggestions. I tried to burn on CD-RW with 2X, but it still could NOT be played on my Honda DVD player. Also I contact the Honda Dealership service. They said Honda DVD player won't play self-burned CD. But one thing bothering me is that my Honda DVD player did play some other VCDs. I guess I might try different media.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The 2004 Honda Odyssey will NOT Play VCD Disks... I have tried multiple CD_R's and CD-RW... No Go.

It will play DVD-R's (Memorex, TDK, Maxell) and DVD+R's (Verbatim, TDK)

TJ
    Quote Quote  
  12. Got to odyclub.com and search on VCD. One of the posts is a listing of DVD-R and CD-RW media which work in the stock Honda RES player.

Imation CD-RWs burned with VCDEasy and/or Nero worked in my 03 RES.
    NWF_Snake
    Quote Quote