VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys: does any one know that it is posible or not to fit a 2 hr lecture into one 80 min cd like VCDs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. ya as long as you are not interested in watching it because the video quality won't be very good..
    How Big A Boy Are Ya?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are you trying to fit 120mins of an audio file to a 80min CD ???? or is there video as well
    Quote Quote  
  4. the only way i know of, for a red-book audio CD, is this:

use an audio editor, and make a new file.

cut your 120 minute audio file into two pieces, and then paste the first 60 minutes into the left channel, and then the last 60 minutes into the right channel, of the new file.

save, burn as audio cd.

you can then adjust the balance on your speakers to left or right, which will let you select part one or two.

it's crappy, i know, but there really is no other way.
    Swim with me
    And we'll escape
    All the trouble
    Of the present age
    Finally free
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am sorry I didn't mention that I mean audio file only to play in a regular cd player (not a DVD or VCD or MP3 player). And I did use Cool Edit to make audio sound to right and left tracks, but this sounds funny when listening while driving. And I changed the Expert Feature in Nero to burn cd to 82 min in a 80 min cd, but my files now are about 83 min and 84 min. Thanks guys and please advise.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The only other way is to use compressed audio(eg.MP3,AAC,WMA).
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How about shrink the timeline from 120 to 80 minutes with a sound editor and save as wave.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would put it onto a 120min cassette tape
    Quote Quote  
  9. I did record from tapes to my pc. Johns0: can a wave file be played on a regular cd player?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I just did this with about 30 Bar review VHS tapes. I borrowed the tapes, ripped them, then seperated the audio (because I didn't need to see the guy behind the lecturn, just hear what he had to say!) Anyway, I was able to get about 75% of the 2 hour tapes down onto my 80 min CDRs. Basically I used Adobe Audition and went through the files and cut out all of the times the professor paused to turn pages, write something down, stop the tape for a break and then spend 3 or 4 minutes calming everyone down after the break, etc. I cut out anything I knew wasn't necessary to what I needed to learn (goofy jokes, etc.) The ones I couldn't cut enough I split in half around the 60 minute mark (those irritated me). Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A wav can be burned as audio onto cd and played in a cd player.
    Quote Quote  
  12. johns0: You said "shrink", does it mean cut off the parts don't want like 3L said to 80 min? or compress the files? I don't need good quality, I just like to fit a 120 min of audio to 80 min and be able to play on a regular cd player.
    Quote Quote  
  13. buy some 99 min cdr .. dont be a cheapskate..
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just means that the 120 minutes will play a little faster at 80 minutes with the same pitch.
    Quote Quote