VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Saw a posting asking about the R200, and did a little search. Seems Epson will be bringing a new disk printer to market sometime in the future. Based on the R300 but lacking the direct picture printing (maybe) and should be cheaper.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.druckerchannel.de/artik...8%26safe%3Doff

Nothing on the Epson USA or UK website yet.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Wow, I'm looking forward to this...Thanks for the info
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So when will it be available in US
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by troyvcd1
    Good question... Probably as soon as everyone is sold out of 900's.

Now if they did the same to the R800, so we had pigment ink and front loading CD tray
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now if they did the same to the R800, so we had pigment ink and front loading CD tray

I'm not sure what your point is. The R800 already has a front-loading CD tray and pigment (Hi-Gloss UltraChrome) ink.

The R200 should do a lot for CD printing. I know several people planning to purchase it entirely for this purpose.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a little more info - in english

http://a-digital-eye.com/Epson200.html
    You can't fool me, I'm a moron!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Count me in as one of those people that are looking forward to buying it just for this purpose. I was in Best Buy this weekend and Epson rep was standing in the printer department and I asked him when I could get it. He said he had not heard of it and tried to get me to buy the R900 but I told him that I was plenty happy with my HP2100 for primary printing purposes.

Glad to see I can get the skinny on when it will be available from this forum since Epson's & Best Buy's own employees had no clue 8)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Don't know about US availability, but it is now in PC World in the UK for Ł99.00 (compared to Ł129.00 for the R300).

Just bought one and am waiting for my first batch of printable DVDr's to arrive so I can test it out.

And yes, it is the R300 without the card reader etc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Comet online have the r300 for Ł114.98 with free delivery.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I spoke with Epson pre-sales support today and they told me that the US launch of the R200 had been pushed back a couple of weeks. He said that they would not be shipping the R200 to retailers until 3/14 and that it would probably be around 3/16 or 3/20 before they were showing up in local stores.

I'm still planning on picking one up for injet DVD-R printing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    kinda lame having the 800 and 200 come out around the same time. What were they thinking? Whats the 800 have over the 200 as far as disc printing? Nothing that I can see, unless the 800 can indeed seal the ink.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by troyvcd1

I have seen the printer already listed on web sites but showing not in stock. THis leads me to believe the first shipments are heading to the vendors.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Wow, this is good news. I have absolutely no need for a card reader on my printer and I did, I'd want the R300M (with the LCD screen).

Jaxxboss says
    kinda lame having the 800 and 200 come out around the same time. What were they thinking? Whats the 800 have over the 200 as far as disc printing? Nothing that I can see, unless the 800 can indeed seal the ink.
    I could see this marketing strategy. 4 printers, R200, R300, R300M, and the R800. If one wants printing from a card, then they have three to choose from. If they want the best quality and willing to spend the $200 extra $$'s they can get the R800. Personally, I know I won't see the difference in printing between a R800 and a R300... and if the R200 is a R300 without the card reader, I won't see the difference there either.

What I don't see is why they would have 4 different ones. If the R200 is a R300 without the card reader, I would only market the R200, R300M and the R800.

I have no idea about this, just specualting, but I would bet the R200 won't have the same stats as the R300 and might even use different ink cartridges. Stats meaning less ink nozzels, I think that's what I read was the big difference between the R300's and the R800. I think the R200 might have lower stats to seperate the line into budget, midrange, and premium. I think, the R300 and R800 have different inks because of their stats and also to make it more difficult for non OEM inkmakers to cash in. The R200 and R300 might be the same way. Like I said, I'm just speculating.

Thanks for the info, I'll hold off a bit on my printer purchase and see what comes to market this month 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm in the same boat. Waiting on the R200 before I make my decision. Almost got the 300 when I heard about the 200, so I held off. Then I hear someone mention the 800 and I'm thinking to myself "surely they meant the new r200". So I wait and look around. Sure enough, I find reviews on the r800, so now Im like "ok, there is No r200, must have been the r800 coming out all along". Finally I see the big picture now as there are 2 newer dvd printers coming out. Hmmmm, whats this talk of the cannon dvd printer..LOL,
    Just kidding. I know thats a Europe thingy.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I saw that thread about the Canon. I did a search on it and if it wasn't frm the UK it wasn't in English. I think these Epson printers will sell well and Canon will make theirs and HP will make some that are consumer priced. I think ultimately DVD inkjet printable dics will get better and be more water resistant as will the ink. But I wonder how long it will take to get them there, 6 months or 2 years or somewhere in between.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="TurboFool"]Now if they did the same to the R800, so we had pigment ink and front loading CD tray

I'm not sure what your point is. The R800 already has a front-loading CD tray and pigment (Hi-Gloss UltraChrome) ink.

I think what Village Idiot was saying was if Epson would release a "Budget" version of the R800 instead of having to pay nearly $400 for a R800.

As for jaxxboss's question, the R800 is an eight color ultra chrome printer as opposed to the R300's six color. Here is a list of the colors (List comes from the following review: http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20R800/page_1.htm)

Eight inks Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Red, Blue. Matte Black, Photo Black and Gloss Optimizer. Also, these inks are to be Ultra gloss inks. What does that mean to joe user? I haven't the foggiest. Epson claims that the prints will last 80 or so years, but who really knows.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I just found the Epson r200 for $99.00 on the Gateway website. It says it is in stock and available for shipping. I plan on calling Gateway tomorrow to check for sure. Here is the link: http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/PC+Accessories_316441/Printers_316848/Default.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's not a bad price for a brand new model. I bet it hits $80 by June. Don't forget to keep checking for rebates, sometimes Epson hides those on the web site.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I ordered my R200 about 5 hours ago off Gateway, and so far it says order status completed, will ship in 1-2 business days. So, we'll see if it's really there soon nuff....
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went out to Gateway's website and they are offering free shipping through 10PM PST tonight! 8)
    Quote Quote  
  22. Just as an update, to my previous post, my R200 has indeed been shipped, and on its way as I type...99 bucks
    Quote Quote  
  23. ah cool... I might be picking up one of these too now.. I have a canon BJC6000 and there are not words to go into how much I hate that printer!!! That's right you %$^$%^% don't feed the paper in, make me get up and hold the paper and jiggle the paper and "hope" you take it.. In other words, my printer likes to bitch slap me around. heh

$99 for a printer that can print on DVD sounds good to me.. I mean guess I could have build one but ya know, lazy..
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    See post about SureThing template for the Epson R210, 200, 300, 310

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=838394#838394

Good Luck

Oz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just ordered one as well. $99.00. Free shipping and i tried a coupon code too, but only one was offered. 15% off which is basically the amount of ground shipping, so it was a moot point. I guess if anyone can get shipping for under $15.00, then skip the free ship aspect and use coupon code 15Offprin.
    Quote Quote  
  26. CompUsa also has the R200 in stock in the retail stores. Just thought I would add that. I am waiting on more printable media before purchasing, but this looks like the printe for me.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Awesome!!! Right on time. I was really considering getting the R300 because I got a $30 off $150 coupon from Staples, but I'd rather not pay extra for the card reader since I would never use it.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the heads up.

I ordered this morning. Since I only live about 30 miles from the shipping location, I should receive it tomorrow!

I can't wait.

Except for the fact that I don't have any printable DVD-R media right now.

Gotta order something to try out.

Ted
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Might have to jump in on this too. Would this be a smarter purchase then the Casio EW-50?

BTW, use code NOSHIPA for free shipping at Gateway
    Quote Quote  
  30. Well, as an owner of the R300, and one who had been considering the Casio, yes it would be a "smarter" purchase than the Casio .. especially if you don't already have a good printer. The difference in quality and options is like comparing Barry Sanders to Cory Schlesinger.
    Not that Schelsinger is a bad back at all, just that Sanders gives you so many more options
    Price is right too!
    Quote Quote