VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I finally bought a dvd writer, a LG 4040B to burn my home-videos, and, of course, my first DVD went to the trash. I burned two: one with Nero 6 and other using the TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR, both of then play well on my computer but not in my dvd-player, a Philco 2100. My dvd-player works OK with this DVD-R media (Princo) because I cloned some DVD and it always works.
    Some ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I dont have an answer but I have the same problem. It seems movies that I clone are totally fine when I burn making them an ISO....however not ok otherwise..
    Quote Quote  
  3. What media and programs do you use?
    Quote Quote  
  4. i have the same problem and i don't have any idea what to test next, i need some help badly, when i burn DVD to DVD it works perfect in my DVD Player and in other DVD Player's but when i make a avi2dvd and when i test the VOB files that i made with DVD Author in PowerDVD they work perfect but when i record them all the movies stop in certian place like in 6th chapter, i tried 2 diverent dvd recording softwere i tried DVD Author one and Adobe Encore but i have the same problem and i tried it with both DVD-R + and - and i get the same problem...thanx a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had a similar problem. I have two Panasonic CP67 and A110 players. I used LiteOn 451, DVD-R Ritek G03 and G04, Nero 6 and RecordNow Max 4.5. Burning at 4x then 2x, I realized the burned 2x disks still have problems but play better. I can not set to burn at 1x.

Using Panasonic LF-D311 burner, which burns at 1x only, all burned 1x DVD-R disks play well on my CP67 and A110 players as well as on PC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. so are you sugesting that i burn all the DVD's in 2x speed with nero? i just tried nero with 4x and i had no success...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Tip: make sure the final size of the dvdr is at least 4.0G. some settop players don't like dvdrs that are too small. PCs will play these small DVDRs without any problem. small (< 4.0G) commercial dvds play well though, on both PC and settop.
    Quote Quote  
  8. i have an image file of 4.3gb and i still have the same problem as i described before...
    Quote Quote  
  9. me too, and I've tried burn another media brand in 1X with Nero 6 and with no joilet parameters and it failed again in the stand-alone-dvd.
    Where are the experts in this forum????
    Quote Quote  
  10. Richard.moreno you say that you use princos these are notoriously bad discs (however many people including myself have great results with these). You say that the disc plays fine in your pc but not on the player. This means that the problem must be one of two things.

1. Bad Media
    2. Player does not support the disc created

However you state that it plays dvd's you backup SO the problem must be with your conversion method.

What was it ?, please post details including your source file.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  11. my conversion method is:
    Windows movie maker (.AVI)
    TMPGENC (.m2v and .wav)
    TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR (DVD files)
    Nero 6 (using DVD-film) or TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR to burn.

Thanks for your attention.
    Quote Quote  
  12. So did you capture this file through Windows movie maker ?
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  13. yes! but now I use Pinnacle Studio 8.10.4.
    I also tried to import the Windows Movie Maker .avi files to Studio but it didn't work.
    Any idea?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I am sorry capturing is not my forte, I would wait for a capturing expert. Don't get impatient someone will help.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  15. ok, no problem, but do you know some other conversion method using .avi files to get a DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Let's try again.

What are the options when you burn with Nero ? (plaese post all of them)

Which version of Nero do you have ?

What speed do you burn at ?

Have you tried another media ?

Test with rewritable so you don't make more coasters.

Have you ever burned DVD-R that can be played on your palyer ?

If yes, what was the method ? Sofware, setup ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. hi
    donpedro i use Nero 6.3.0.0
    i burn the DVD at 4x and 2x
    i tried it with TDK DVD-R and TDK DVD+R and with some noname DVD's but i never tried it with RW DVD's and the one's that i have as image file they will freeze in standalone DVD player and the ones that i record DVD to DVD they work fine...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by dudumania
    the one's that i have as image file they will freeze in standalone DVD player and the ones that i record DVD to DVD they work fine...
    I am trying to understand what you are doing so please be patient with me. Could you please explain this quote in more details ? I am not sure what is difference between two methods. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Let´s see my problem:

my conversion method is:
    1)Windows movie maker (.AVI)
    2)TMPGENC (.m2v and .wav)
    3)TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR (DVD files)
    4)Burn with Nero 6 (using DVD-film) or TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR.

I´ve been burning in 1X (yes, one X) with a LG 4040B using two kinds of DVD-R medias.
    when I use Nero I follow exactly the instructions on the link:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php
    Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by donpedro
    Originally Posted by dudumania
    the one's that i have as image file they will freeze in standalone DVD player and the ones that i record DVD to DVD they work fine...
    I am trying to understand what you are doing so please be patient with me. Could you please explain this quote in more details ? I am not sure what is difference between two methods. Thank you.
    ok, thanx for the reply, now i'm going to try and explain this...

for e.g. i have a DVD movie and when i try to burn it from my DVD Player to my DVD Recorder it works perfect in computer DVD player and in standalone DVD player,,,now i have an image file from the movie (e.g. openrange.img) and when i burn it with nero or with dvd decrypter it burn ok and it plays ok in PC DVD player but when i try to play it in standalone DVD player it freeze's in some chapters...now i don't know what's the problem with this one....thanx
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by dudumania
    ok, thanx for the reply, now i'm going to try and explain this...

for e.g. i have a DVD movie and when i try to burn it from my DVD Player to my DVD Recorder it works perfect in computer DVD player and in standalone DVD player,,,now i have an image file from the movie (e.g. openrange.img) and when i burn it with nero or with dvd decrypter it burn ok and it plays ok in PC DVD player but when i try to play it in standalone DVD player it freeze's in some chapters...now i don't know what's the problem with this one....thanx
    Just now I realized that there are two different people with this issue in this post. I was not paying attantion very much. Sorry.

So dudumania,

Maybe you answered some of these but, let me try to write it down if I understand what you are saying.

1. Record from DVD Player connected through audio/video cables to DVD Recorder and result works fine on DVD Player.

2. Image burned to DVD on PC and result is freezing on DVD Player.

Now more questions....

A. Are you using exactly same media ? (some media might have compatibility issues)

B. What is your burning speed when recording image ? (sometimes burning in lower speed helps, try 1x)

C. How did you get image ? Where does it come frome ? What tools are used ? (maybe image is wrong, try creating all the DVD files (not image) and using DVD-Video template to burn DVD)
    Quote Quote  
  22. Now richard.moreno,

You are using 2 methods to make DVD.

1. Home made DVD authored with TMPGEnc DVD Author and burned with Nero 6 (using DVD-film) or directly with TMPGEnc DVD Author.

This one does not play in DVD Player.

2. You are making copy of commercial DVD by using DVD-Clone.

This one work fine all the time.

Now questions and same here... sorry if I am asking same thing again...

A. Is burning speed same in both methods ? (lowering speed to 1x can help)

B. Are media same in both methods ? (maye compatibility issue)

C. Do you have by any chance anothe burning sofware ? (who knows... maybe bug in Nero)
    Quote Quote  
  23. The 2 posibilities that come to mind are:-

1. Bad Media (usually shows up at the end of the disk).
    2. The MPEG files are not fully complient or have errors.

PC's are far more forgiving than DVD Players both on reading media and ignoring errors.

Is it true to say that these are home movies that are captured and won't work, but DVD (Movie) backups will. Because if that's the case it sounds like its the authoring process you need to look at.

If you're saying that discs with the same content work when written in one way but not another then that's a different issue.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by tim6661234
    1. Bad Media (usually shows up at the end of the disk).
    Just an sugestion... to check this... you can use function in DVDInfoPro. It has some kind of error scan function (don't remember exact name).
    Quote Quote  
  25. thanx a lot guys, it was the Bad Media, now everything works perfect...thanx for all your help
    Quote Quote  
  26. In my case, I tried with another media and it failed again.
    I'll try to use another method to burn my DVD from .AVI (DVD2SVCD)
    Does anybody knows the method I describe before with TMPGENC?
    Quote Quote  
  27. richard.moreno,

I have to respond... Let me clarify some terms on example. Each step cen be done with different tool but it doesn't have to.

1. Capture - usualy in AVI but doesn't have to be. In your case I assume it is Win Movie Maker
    2. Edit - cut / re-order / delete / add titles / add or modify sound and lots of different edit functions. Can save to file on the end. In your case again Win Movie Maker.
    3. Conversion - converting from whatevr came out from editing to DVD Compliant MPEG2 video file and audio file (can be sparate or part of video). In your case TMPGEnc Plus. (not DVD files)
    4. DVD Authoring - creates menu and programing (how video is played) structure, plus transcode DVD Comliant video, audio, subtitle, e.t.c files into DVD-Video format (VOB files). In your case TMPGEns DVD Author.
    5. Burning - transfer (burn) DVD-Video files/structure to physical DVD Recordable media. In your case Nero 6.

It just that I was not sure based on this "burn my DVD from .AVI" that you knew all that.
    Quote Quote  
  28. So, explain better:

pass 1 and 2: I use the Windows Movie maker
    pass 3: TMPGENC to transform the .avi files to .m2v and .wav files
    pass 4: TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR to transform the .m2v and .wav in DVD files (VOB, INF, etc.) in the directory VIDEO_TS
    pass 5: Burn with Nero 6 using dvd film format

clear now?
    Quote Quote  
  29. It was clear already

Read this and answer in you can.
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=782476#782476

the other post was just ment to correct term that you used. "burn my DVD from .AVI". It more than just burn. Burn is only last part of the process. But that is not what you need now, right ? So let's go back to another post and see if we can make progress.

BTW: Did you test your media for errors ?
    Quote Quote  
  30. I test the media for errors using DVDINFOPRO as you sad and there were no problems on my RITEK media.
    Quote Quote