VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After using DVDShrink3beta5 for 3 months and everything works perfectly. All of a sudden I upgraded to the new version DVDShrink3.1.2 I cannot ripped new DVD titles such as (Belly of the Beast, Holes) in it?? It keeps saying : DVDShrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read the file "G:\". Copy Protection error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted. If put in an old DVD title such as I-Spy it works fine, what is the problem??? Not even running Smartripper can rip the VOB, TS files????
    In the past everytime I reboot my computer I have to run the DVDShrink installation again to use it, even in the new version I have to re-run the installation to use the program everytime I reboot.
    What is the problem and how can it be fixed??? Does DVDShrink requires any add in such ASPI or VBruntime to run properly???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried DVD Decrypter?
    Adam

DVD Decrypter>DVDShrink>CopyToDVD
    Quote Quote  
  3. download ANYDVD from www.slysoft.com it will fix your problem
    Quote Quote  
  4. torex88,

In preferences under burn deselect Nero. See if that helps. I believe there is a problem on some DVD Roms that having Nero enabled resets them causing read errors.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If i have nero open at the same time I can get some weird messages with the old dvdshrink. Might check your nero version.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had the same problem. I installed Slysoft anydvd and it now works!

Thanks guys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AdamRA4
    Have you tried DVD Decrypter?
    That's what I use when DVDShrink has problems with certain DVD's,Dr.Shrink has noted DVDShrink has bugs.

BTW..I like your avatar AdamRA4,Milton Waddums is cool.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    BTW..I like your avatar AdamRA4,Milton Waddums is cool.
    Thanks man.
    Adam

DVD Decrypter>DVDShrink>CopyToDVD
    Quote Quote