VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i copy a dvd to dvdr i use dvd decrypter to tranfer the data to the computer. I then burn to dvdr using nero. I have experienced problems in that the film towards the end tends to start freezing frequently. Any information would be grateful.

Thanking you in advance

Krco
    4Million and a Penney
    Rather Dead Than Not Red!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What discs are you using? Freezing at the end of a disc, especially if it's burned right to the end may be a media problem...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by krco
    I have experienced problems in that the film towards the end tends to start freezing frequently.
    That usually means cheap/bad media.
    Fight spammers ghetto kung-fu style! Join the Unsolicited Commandos! or the Spam Vampires!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i use Bulkpaq 4x DVD-R discs they are fairly cheap. The reason you suggested is possible as the movies fill the entire disc whereas i have copied a different video which was only 2.7GB and works fine.

Krco
    4Million and a Penney
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    99% sure it's bad media. Try DVDINFO Pro and do a speed check on your disk...I bet it will start to barf out at the last 500-800 MB.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded the software and tested my cd and you are right it goes at an average of 7.6x (my rewriter being 8x) until it hits just after 4GB where the speed decreases drematically and grindes to a hualt about 0.2GB from the end of the disc.

Which discs does everyone else use anyones to avoid or buy? quality being more important than speed. Also where do you all purchase you cds from, is there a cheap website. I currently buy from Discount Computer Store where they sell lots of cheap computer accessories but the best quality ones, from peoples opinion such as TDK RITEK, are around £2.50-£3 per disc. is that fairly cheap or is there somewhere cheaper online?

Thanks

Krco
    4Million and a Penney
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just been testing my other copied dvds that are on the same dvdr. Seems to be only Training Day that has buggered up :S

Krco
    4Million and a Penney
    Quote Quote  
  8. In answer to your "Where do youi buy blanks from " I use this online shop a few times and has proved really good and cheap

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/

Kwack
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by kwack
    In answer to your "Where do youi buy blanks from " I use this online shop a few times and has proved really good and cheap

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/

Kwack
    An excellent shop
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote