VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hey fellas
    for the longest time i have been refilling my HP cartridges and have no problems. Generally speaking i get an error along the lines of Your ink is low, and you just push accept and it prints any way and looks great.

now, i update my HP drivers and the option to just say OK is no longer avaliable, instead its delete job, stop job, stop all jobs, each of which cancel any opportunity to print!

There has got to be some way to reset the "ink level" status of the cartridge....

anyone know?!

They are HP 45 *black
    and HP 78 * color

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not to be rude but a simple search would have yielded the answer (dont mean to sound like a smartass). Here is where I go as they have the best info on refill instructions.

for 45 and 78 BOTH use this meathod>>> http://www.stratitec.com/inkrefill/support/hplowink.html
    If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

No joke i searched for a good 20 min and found nothing!
    thanks for the link, ill give it a try
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try hell...IT WILL WORK! I am a hp printer man. LOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WORKED!

i have just had such bad luck with this printer i was about ready to toss it out the window!!!!!!!

hp man huh, what would you recommend as a replacement for this one. sure its nice, but it wont do borderless photos....

any good borderless HP printers? I have always had HP printer and fell like i should stay with the brand. what do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am a HP printer man....not a HP printer expert! I feel retarded now but I dont know what you mean by 'borderless'. I know I have software that will do anything that has to do with printing and I also print ALOT of photos. As for now I have a psc1210 all-in-one scanner/copier/printer from HP. I like it but it is not a 'photo' printer. As far as what to get all depends what you want it to do. I am glad I could help you out though. Keep that link I gave you because if you plan to refill...you WILL need that in the future. ~peace~
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    by borderless i mean just that

print a photo to go RIGHT TO THE EDGE of a 8.5/11 piece of paper. this printer maxes at a photo print size of 8x10 so you have .25 inch white border on sides and 1 in 3/4 inch white border on bottom.

thus the picutre has "borders"

i just wanted to know if HP had a photo ink jet printer that did borderless photos at 8.5x11

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    galactica,

What is the model number of your HP printer, I have the hp photosmart 7550 and a Epson Stylus Photo 900. I can print borderless with both printers. HP sells the 4x6 photo prints with the preforated tab that you have to tear away. Epson has borderless photos with no tab, I like these better because after you tear away the tab on the hp photo paper it leaves a ruff edge on it. And to add to that the Epson gives sharper quality prints IMHO. You might want to check out the Epson for those 8.5x11 photos. I have not printed a 8.5x11 on either one yet.

SLICK RICK
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Specifically..... Photosmart 1115

I have looked into the epson models, specifically this one

however, whats holding me back is i have had two epsons (900C and i700 series) they were nice when i just got them, but DIED on me!)
    so a friend recommended HP printers since he had never had a probelm with them. I got the one i have. It works great *(now that the ink problem is solved)* but it still wont do borderless 8.5x11 picutres.

ah well......... maybe my next one will be an epson again with the 4x6 paper holder!

EDIT:
    HAHAHAHAH All epson printers that say borderfree say this...

True BorderFree™ photo printing in popular photo sizes (4" x 6", 5" x 7" and 8" x 10)
    so what i need is 8x10 photopaper *which i didnt even know they made!
    i just got a 200 pack of "epson highgloss photopaper, which is 8.5x11!

ahhh well....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How long did you have those epson's before they died, I have only had mine for about 3 months.

SLICK RICK
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the 900c was from ink head/cartridge cleaning system problems.

apparntly what happened was there was some sort of problem with the origional epson cartridge for black and it would print out onto the cleaning mechanism. So that had ink on it. thus, ever time the cartridge returned to the standard position post printing it would wipe down and put ink all over the cartridge. thus next print would have black lines all over the paper. I cleaned the living daylights out of the thing and it just kept getting worse. got new cartridges, but wow the cleaning mechanism was destroyed. thank goodness for extended service plans - got me the HP printer for nothing! that was like 6-7 months into it.

the i700 series the paper loading mechanism looked like it was put together with playdoh. it was sooo cheap looking and eventually it just stopped taking the paper. that was perhaps 9months into it.

ive had this photosmart since this model came out. its well over a year old.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HP Photosmart 8000

Hi

i have refilled my printers cartridges hp 95 and hp 99 with success,however
    My ink status i can not reset with this model as i dont have any instructions on this

Yes io have seen the page for the other Hp models and
    it worked fine for one of my other Hp printers

http://www.stratitec.com/inkrefill/support/hplowink.html

but not the photosmart hat i have.

hp
    95,97 Tricolor
    96,98 Black
    99,100 Photo

i even have new cartridges that i pop in then pull them out when the unit is unplugged
    And put back in the ones i had refilled and the Printer knows and i just cant fool it.

How can i get around this

Also it would be a good idea for someone to come up with an idea to create a software program that estimates ink level (No Not Ink Saver) but a program that lets you select the model you are using and have it estimate how much ink you are using after you refilled it.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me
    Quote Quote  
  13. 28th Jun 2021 18:12

Reason
    Spam links???