VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.

Info:
    Burner: NEC ND-1300A (OEM) rev. 1.07
    Media: TDK DVD-R 2X
    Apps: dvdauthor 0.5.3
    mkisofs 2.0+a19
    K3B 0.10.1
    growisofs (dvd+rw-tools 5.13.4.7)
    dvdrecord (dvdrtools 0.1.5)

I captured a home movie with Kino, and created a DVD iso with mkisofs. I burned it to DVD-R with K3B 0.10.1. It plays fine on my computer in Xine or Mplayer, but when played on my standalone (Sony DVP-S500D), it is accelerated (with slightly jerky motion and audio pitch high). I then tried command-line with growisofs (growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0=/path/to/dvd.iso), but it does the same thing. I tried playing it on my father-in-law's player (Sony - don't remember the model), and the same thing. I then tried burning the iso with dvdrecord (dvdrecord -v -dao -dev=0,0,0 -driveropts=burnproof /path/to/dvd.iso), but no change (other than it doesn't play on my computer!?!?). I can loop mount the iso image and play it fine in Xine.

I'm at a loss and don't feel like making any more coasters. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated. If any other info is needed, let me know.

TIA,
    Kevin
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kruml
    Apps: dvdauthor 0.5.3

I captured a home movie with Kino, and created a DVD iso with mkisofs. I burned it to DVD-R with K3B 0.10.1. It plays fine on my computer in Xine or Mplayer, but when played on my standalone (Sony DVP-S500D), it is accelerated (with slightly jerky motion and audio pitch high).
    I had the exact same issue once with my Sony DVD player. The issue is that your audio is encoded at the wrong samplerate. All DVD audio MUST be 48kHz (unlike CD audio which is 44.1kHz). Simply resample the audio at 48kHz and it'll solve your problem. You can either recapture it with Kino, or use transcode to resample.

oh, and upgrade dvdauthor. it's at 0.6.8 now!
    Quote Quote