I use DVDlab for my authoring needs and id like to ask:
1. Clicking with ctrl on each item does not make a multiple selection, why is this happening?
2. How can i order a video to play continuesly (loop) on the background of the main menu
3. Some tools are missing from the version i have 1.1, like the 3d tool, the cardinal shape etc.
cananyone help me out plz?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: DVD lab bizzare!!!
Yes we can help you!
1) If you want to make multiple selections, you'll have to rubber band select all the items you want or use the SHIFT key instead of CTRL.
2) I'm assuming that you mean you want a motion menu. If you go to the MediaChance website and look at the tutorials for DVD-Lab, they have step by step guides there on motion menus and motion thumbnails. Check them out for a step by step.
As a quick answer, all you should have to do is drag and drop a video and audio clip from the ASSETS window onto a menu. When you do that you should get 2 bars at the bottom of the menu display that show what video and what audio are there. They will loop automatically by default.
3) If you want all the functionality, you should update from version 1.1 to version 1.3 beta 7. You can get this from the MediaChance website as well. Go to the DVD-Lab section and on the right side of the page, click the "history" link. You'll find the upgrades there.
1. what do u mean by "you'll have to rubber band select all the items you want or use the SHIFT key instead of CTRL" Shift wont work either. I cant find this rubber band option anywhere!!!!
2. i hate static images, i want for example in the select scenes section instead of having still images on the dif scenes to have a clip playing, also on the Menu 1 i want to have a looping clip as well. Thats what i ask!
3. What are the disadvantages of using a beta version? will i be unstable? After all its is a beta version right?
Originally Posted by zoranb
2. Motion menus by default play continously or "loop".
3. To get the latest tools, upgrade to the latest version from the "History" page.
Originally Posted by zoranb
3. Disadvantages could be bugs (that can be worked out). Advantages are you get the latest and greatest tools. There is a forum over there as well. You'll get more replys over there about certain problems, ect.
Ok, my bad for using my compuer geek speak. When I was referring to rubber banding, that is a term meaning that you click and drag around multiple items, and the box that is created that encompasses the selected item is a rubber band box. I also made an assumption that you were referring to multiple selections of items on a menu. If so, my advice still stands. If you were talking about items in the ASSETS window, then BRI_SMIT's advice is valid.
Don't worry too much on the beta versions of DVD-Lab, I've never had a problem with any of them.
Bets advice for creating motion menus is to go to the MediaChance website and read through the DVD-Lab tutorials and "tips and trick" section. I create a nice motion background and motion thumbnails just the other night, and it did not take long at all.
Why cant i create a line with the pen tool??? This final beta version of DVDlab is so inadequate!!!! Nor can i make a circle!!!! i mean this is getting to be rediculous!!! do i have to use more than one app to do the job????? Can anyone tell me? i think im missing something here!!!!
Sorry for bumping old old thread, but I'm stuck in exact same situation & it seems it was never resolved here. What is this "rubber band" thing? I am trying to make a custom "combo button". Click & drag around the buttons doesn't work.