VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was thinking it would be really cool if I got a video monitor and hooked it up to a dvd player for my car to play dvds with MP3s on them. I'm looking for a program which can save MP3 visualizations as MPEG or movie files. Im looking to make a menu on a dvd with links to various songs and I want the MPEG or video visualization to play on the screen. I allready tried to capture an WINAMP visualization using a screen capture program but it simply can't keep up with the fps and the capture is choppy and low quality. Any ideas? please email me at mmacmu1@lsu.edu or just post a reply. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    look around for another audio-to-video visualization program - there are various screensaver-like programs that will react to sound, maybe one of them will be easier to screen-cap than a Winamp visual.

or get yourself a first-generation Playstation, and put in an audio disc. It will give you visualizations that you could capture with a capture card.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use Camstudio or Camtasia Studio to screen capture to AVI then use TMPGEnc to convert to MPEG.You need a fast CPU to capture fullscreen at >15fps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks alot, the program (CamStudio) worked. I was able to configure the screen cap at about 15 fps, I think before it was trying to capture at a higher lever which caused some major lag. Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  5. Don't know if you guys are still around but I am having trouble with this. I am trying to use Camstudio to capture visualizations to eventually burn on DVD. Every time I try either in WINAMP or MS Media Player, the AVI is choppy slow and just slowly jumps from frame to frame.

I've tried 15fps, 5milliseconds, etc.

Can you guys let me know exactly what your successful settings were?

We have a banquet with a DJ coming up and I'd like these visualizations running silently on the four big screens during the dance.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  6. paulb,
    Have you updated your videocard drivers lately?Also try capturing at a lower resolution(ie 352x240).
    Quote Quote