VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
  1. I use Nero 6 on the PC, and burn standard ISO 9600 on DVD-R, but every time i pop the disk in my combo drive G4 powerbook (OS X 1.5 & 9.2) the dvd gets ejected like the mac doesnt read it ???!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. By the way, the burner i use is a brand new Pioneer DVR106 and the media is best quality (made in japan) 4X DVD-R. The burnt dvd plays fine on my 2 PC dvd drives. I've also tried a 1X DVD-R and still no go...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD data and DVD-Video should be burned using UDF settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    its my understanding there is no such thing as a non mac/pc compatible dvd if burned on the opposite platform
    dvd's i burn on my mac work on pc
    dvd's bunred on pc work on my mac.

i think its more important to make sure you burn them as proper dvd format as antnymd pointed out.

the other option is your powerbook may not actually have a dvd drive.
    are you sure the drive supports dvds
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, we have had these problems with Nero before. To the best of my knowledge, it allows you to burn as UDF+ISO9660 hybrid... The thing is, there is no such standard. While it may read on a PC, we've had problems getting those to read on a Mac.

The best best is to follow what all the others are saying, and just burn as a standard UDF disc. This can have video, data, whatever. There is NO advange to burning as ISO over UDF that i know of...

AV Industries - Divx-Enabled DVD Players
    Quote Quote