VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using the Dazzle DVC-80 capture device. I captured analog VHS source material (home videos) into windows movie maker 2 at the highest quality, saved the project as .wmv at the highest rate also. I then imported the movie into MyDVD4 and burned it to DVD. Everything worked flawlessly except the picture quality on the dvd is terrible. Its very blurry and jerky!

I then used VirtualDub to capture and burned a test dvd. The picture turned out a little better but still is a little jerky during playback. What is the best way to capture VHS material and burn a quality DVD?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see this is your first post and it's gone unanswered for 2 days now.

Have you read the Capture Guides? Most all info you seek is there.

https://www.videohelp.com/capture (from the left CAPTURE)

I would never capture to wmv format. That's really intended for streaming media online, not DVD.

It's always best to start with the Guides, Glossary and other resources, then post a specific question if you run into a specific problem.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm surprised Village Idiot hasn't addressed your question. He loves Dazzle capture devices, from what I hear.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    :cD LOL Yeah #1 Fan
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote