VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This guide will walk you step by step on how to create an Audio DVD with 400+ MP3’s. This Guide is for people whose DVD players will only play DVD Video disks and not DVD Data disks. The following tools will be required:

MP3 Splitter & Joiner
    Adobe Encore DVD

MP3 Splitter & Joiner
    You can skip this part if you wish to just import the audio directly to Adobe Encore. However, please note, for each imported asset a new DVD Title set will be created. DVD standards will only allow 99 title sets and 9 VOB’s per title set. MP3 Splitter & Joiner will allow us to make a single MP3 out of as many MP3’s as you want.

1. Launch MP3 Splitter & Joiner and select the MP3 Joiner tab.

2. Select Add and select all the MP3’s that you want in the first title set.

3. Select Start Merge and save the new MP3 file.

4. Repeat for each title set.

Adobe Encore DVD
    1. Select --> File --> New Project

2. Select --> File --> Import Assets

3. Select up to 99 MP3 Assets (remember each asset will be its own title set)

4. Right click on an Asset and select --> New Timeline

5. If you don’t want to add chapters to this timeline then just close the window that pop up. I am going to put chapters at the end of each song (99 chapters max). Simply press the play button to preview the asset.

6. Select the insert chapter button where desired.

7. You can use this scroll tab to move quickly through an asset. Then go back to step 5 to preview and step 6 to insert a chapter.

8. Continues this for every Asset. Even if you don’t want chapters, you still must create a time line for every Asset or it won’t be included when the DVD is created.

9. From here you can either create a menu or you can skip right to step 16.

10. To create a menu Select --> Menu --> New Menu. I will only be creating a simple text menu for this exercise.

11. Select --> Text Tool and place the cursor where you want the text.

12. Select --> Selection Tool and move over the text.

13. Right click over the text and Select --> Convert to Button.

14. Right click again over the text and Select --> Link to. Then select the desired Asset and Chapter you want this linked to and hit ok.

15. You can set the end link of a title set to jump to the next title, go back to the menu, repeat the current title set, ect… The default is for the DVD to stop. If you wish to change the end link then make sure the Properties Window is on, select the timeline that you want and in the Properties Window select the End Link.

16. Now Select --> File --> Build DVD --> Make DVD Folder or Make DVD Disk. I prefer to create a DVD folder and burn with a separate program.

BY DEFAULT ADOBE ENCORE WILL RE-ENCODE THE MP3 TO DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 192 KBS. If you want a different bitrate you must change the Transcode Settings for each Asset.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks FT Shark for a great guide.

I have tried it with 6 mp3 files and got the program to build the dvd files.
    However when I test the "movie" in Power DVD the sound quality was very poor. I have re-done it and the program seems to be transcoding the audio.

Is there any way to make the quality as close to the mp3 file it's self.

Thanks.

dlb.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As mentioned in the last paragraph of this guide.

BY DEFAULT ADOBE ENCORE WILL RE-ENCODE THE MP3 TO DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 192 KBS. If you want a different bitrate you must change the Transcode Settings for each Asset.
    Just raise the bitrate. I use DD 2.0 - 192kbs and mine seem to sound just fine compared to the mp3. However my mp3's are of average quality (160kbs ).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, For a total newbie with this package, can you advise where I up the bit rate. Are there any other settings you can tweak to improve quality.

dlb.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Select --> File --> Transcode --> Edit Project Transcode Presets and go from there.
    Quote Quote  
  6. When you say (99 chapters max) is that per title or for the entire project?
    Quote Quote  
  7. probably per title as that is in compliance with DVD standards for vob files per titleset.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks alot that will really help me on Christmas project
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can put a maximum of 99 titles at 99 chapters each title.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Can someone help me on this,Iam trying to set the chapters and the end action. What I trying to do is make it like a music cd,so you can go back and forth on it.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Step 4 tells you how to create chapters
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to make it go back to previous chapter to repeat a track.Is there way of doing that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Press the Chapter Back button (previous button) on you dvd player or remote.
    Quote Quote  
  15. OMG this takes time.

I created a menu to sort the music by artist.
    Each button on that main menu goes to an artist's menu.
    Each artist's menu lists all albums I have of that artist.
    Each album goes to a track listing menu.
    I can play the album from the track listing menu (set the screen to go black so I don't have burn-in.
    All chapters are set appropriately for the album.

But sheesh!

When all is said and done, I will have spent about 20+ hours making a DVD with 45 or so CDs on it.

Is there an easier way of adding chapters at the appropriate spots?? I'm probably one of the fastest people in Wyoming when it comes to adding in base-60 (hr:minec) but I still have to load all tracks in order in WinAMP, add up the times of the tracks to get the end time of that track (which isn't accurate since WinAmp chops the decimal off the seconds it reports), go to the new timeline and fast forward to each of those spots, and listen to the last few seconds of each track to put in the chapter.

Is everyone else doing that too, or is there a shortcut I'm missing?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Is there no other way to author audio on a DVD? Encore is beyond my price range! I took a look at the 40 CD on a DVD guide and was discouraged that I would have to make dummy video streams to mux with each mp3 file or stream of songs.

Is there any other way, less expensive as well as less complex? Can I just burn my mp3's to a DVD and have it read the mp3's? Is there any software that supports more than 99 chapters, for instance, a chapter for every song in one continues stream of audio for each album placed on the DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  17. This chapter-creating-thing is far away from what I need!

@PolarBearWY
    If you find another way/tool to create the chapters, please let me know!

Can anyone give me some hint, how this can be done much faster?
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have to wonder why anyone would want to do this

Kinda like putting a old 4 cyclinder into a new corvette.
    true to the tri
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This guide only exists to give people another option to put only music on a DVD. Most players can’t read DVD's with only files on it. Most players need an authored DVD with ifo, vob files to work.

I know the chapter creation is a big pain in the ass, which is why I don't usually create one after each song. I put one every 3-5 minutes.

You can always copy your list of songs in to a spreadsheet along with the track length. Then when you create the chapters you can move quickly to the end of the song since you will know exactly how long they will be.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Heureka

I think, I have found a solution for our chapter problem!

For 5./6. in FT Sharks Guide, you can use the Freeware-Tool "mp3DirectCut" http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/#mp3dc.

In this Tool, you click the menu "Edit", then "Pause detection".
    After some adjusting, I made best results with a "duration > 0.8 sec" and "After Pause detection skip (seconds): 0".

Click on Start-Button (if you wanna "see" the detection-process, check "Update graph" before starting).

After work is done 100%, click the Close-Button.

Click the menu "Special", then "Save Cue Sheet and Edit with Notepad". This will open your notepad with all the time-values for the track-pauses aka as Chapters

The only thing you have to do manually is doubleclick (to open) your timeline in Adobe Encore, switch to notepad, doubleclick the first time-value right from index 01, Press Ctrl-C to copy, switch back to Adobe Encore, doubleclick the 00:00:00:00 (under "Timeline:"), right click, insert. Voilà! (I don't know, why CTRL-V doesn't work... )

Repeat this step for all your chapter/tracks in the opened *.cue-File.

If someone can tell me, how I can IMPORT this entire file in Encore, I would be very happy

Sorry for my English, I hope you can understand it
    Quote Quote