Hi, I am having a problem with the WinFast PVR software that came with my Leadtek TV2000XP Deluxe card. I have installed the latest drivers and the latest version of the PVR software available from the leadtek web site. I can use the record function and it seems to produce good results.
My problem is with the schedule record feature. I can set it up to record something, and the application pops up ready to record and then pops up a dialog box "Cannot capture video stream Error Code=0x2002". I seem to get a zero length file (with the correct name) in the capture folder, but that is as far as I get. The error dialog box seems to stay on the screen until the end of the capture time, and then I get a new dialog box "WFTV.exe has generated errors and will be closed".
Has anyone seen this before? any suggestions? Short of reinstalling the OS, I am out of ideas.
I am running Windows 2000 with all of the updates, directX 9.? the system I am running on is Dell Precision 210 Workstation with PIII 550MHz and 512M ram.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Just for the record, reinstalling Windows 2000 didn't help. Basically the ssytem has windows 2000, DirectX 9, the Asus V7100 graphics drivers and the Leadtek drivers and the WinFast PVR software, and it still preduces the same result.
Oh well time to try it in another computer.
Always good to answer your own questions.
Just in case someone else ever has this problem.
I removed the network card, sound card and WinFast card
and all of the drivers. Then I reinstalled the cards in the reverse
order. And now it all works!
My guess is that the TV Tuner card is now using different interrupts
and memory areas. But I am not sure.
Oh well if you have asimilare problem, this might be worth a go.
I'm having the same problems all of a sudden. I've been using the Aver TV video capture card with all of my programs without any problems. Now, the only program that works is the Aver TV capture program. All of my other programs stopped capturing. They will all generate an error message. For example Using PowerVCR II, I get "PVCR.exe has generated errors". I get a similar error message from all of my other capture programs.
I have tried rearranging the order of my memory sticks and I have removed my PCI cards and rearranged them and reinstalled all of my drivers and it doesn't seem to work.
I don't see why my AverTV capture program sitll works and nothing else will.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.~JayMan2~
Cannot capture video stream error Code=0x2002 - This error has to do with the leadtek card conflicting with your audio source for recording so the first thing i would do is to open the settings section in the winfast software and make sure your audio recording settings match the settings for your recording input inside Windows...if everything matches up and its still messed up here is what you do
1. uninstall your audio drivers ( make sure you have your disks first)
2. uninstall your tv card drivers
3. power down the system (PC)
4. open the case and remove the tv card AND MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT ANY AUDIO CABLES THAT MAY BE GOING FROM THE TV CARD TO THE MOTHER BOARD OR YOUR SOUND CARD in my case it was the sound card
5. power on the PC and proceed to reinstall your audio drivers go ahead and let it reboot as many times as it needs to
6. when all your audio is working again - power down the PC
7. First reinstall you leadtek card in the PCI slot - Second reinstall your audio cable (if any) from the tv card to the motherboard or your sound card
IT MUST BE DONE IN THIS ORDER OR IT WILL FAIL!!
8. power on the PC
9. proceed to reinstall all the winfast drivers for your card and let it reboot as many times as it needs to
10. IT MUST BE DONE IN THIS ORDER - IF YOU TRY TO REINSTALL THE TV CARD FIRST IT WONT WORK AND IF YOU DONT DISCONNECT THE AUDIO CABLE FROM THE CARD IT WONT WORK!!