VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok performed Ad Aware on a friends computer to clean it up a bit. Found over 600 things. Went ahead and deleted all those processes or whatever that it finds and now his internet willn't work.

Any idea?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think there's a restore button. It puts stuff in quarantine so that you can select and undo something like that.
    Certain cookies are required on your machine, site specific, to keep you from having to manually log in every time you go to the site.

Be more careful next time. You can hover over the item and see what it is supposed to do, or what it pertains to.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I already uninstalled the Ad Aware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    be more specific - what do you mean "his internet will not work"?

it won't dial in? it won't load any pages? error messages? it deleted his browser? what?
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's possibe, probably just barely, that the quarantine folder is still on the machine.

Just as when you un- and re-install Netscape or something, you still have your bookmarks, and it will find them.

Try a re-install and see if it comes up with a "Quarantine Folder". You might be lucky. And surprised.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by slicksterproductions
    Ok performed Ad Aware on a friends computer to clean it up a bit. Found over 600 things. Went ahead and deleted all those processes or whatever that it finds and now his internet willn't work.
    I once did this on a computer and it removed the spyware but the computer got problems. Tip for next time: Make sure you know what its deleting before you check "delete". Things like Xupiter should be deleted, but spyware like "Cydoor" is needed for Kazaa to run. To get rid of that you'll need to get Kazaa Lite.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've been using Window Washer and AdAware for a while

Had no problem so far...

600 objects, hmm...at least 570 cookies for sure.
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote